1. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    02 Sep '08 12:30
    Looks as if Newcastle need a new manager!!
  2. where angels play
    Moves
    02 Sep '08 13:11
    LOL new it wouldnt be long, say bye bye to the savour.
  3. Joined
    18 Jul '08
    Moves
    02 Sep '08 13:471 edit
    is anyone surprised? hes thrown his dummy out of the pram!!!😵😵😵😵😵😵😵
  4. Joined
    18 Jul '08
    Moves
    02 Sep '08 13:49
    😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵😵
  5. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    02 Sep '08 14:46
    Originally posted by sally cinnamon
    LOL new it wouldnt be long, say bye bye to the savour.
    😀..love that comment sally "savour"...rec'd
  6. where angels play
    Moves
    02 Sep '08 14:50
    231 days, didnt think he would last that long to be honest.
  7. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    02 Sep '08 15:101 edit
    What a posion chalace Newcastle is,the media bang on and on about what a massive club they are and I suppose in term's of fan base on the east coast they are but in all honesty they've won f*** all since the 50's.
  8. Standard memberhelden
    Dann sind wir Helden
    Moves
    02 Sep '08 16:14
    Originally posted by Hells Caretaker
    What a posion chalace Newcastle is,the media bang on and on about what a massive club they are and I suppose in term's of fan base on the east coast they are but in all honesty they've won f*** all since the 50's.
    they won the Fair's cup in 1969, still nearly 40 years ago.
  9. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    02 Sep '08 16:25
    Originally posted by helden
    they won the Fair's cup in 1969, still nearly 40 years ago.
    It's about time that some of these 'potless billionares' realised that long term investment,continuity and steady team building are the only way to long term sucsess.At the moment the Prem is a flipping joke,pure fantasy football for the super rich.I'm going down to the bookies to bet on Mark Hughes being out of a job by may.
  10. where angels play
    Moves
    02 Sep '08 18:43
    Newcastle have now released a statement saying that king Kev has not been sacked after all and is an important part of their future plans! Bizzare goings on at st james. Im thinking they decided they didnt want to pay kevs wages for the next 2 years, and are now going to push him to walk.
  11. St. Paul, Minnesota
    Moves
    03 Sep '08 15:051 edit
    Don't know why the sacked Big Sam. Granted, the results were not that great, but you need to give a little time. It is an enternal burden of mine. I picked them as a club back in the Shearer & Ferdinand days when I first had access to watching English football. Sigh.

Fickle and unrealistic fans are the clubs downfall and greatest asset all the same. Truly a double edged sword.

Who would they get to replace Keegan?? I actually think that his signings have been decent...though too few and not nearly enough for the back line. Jonas is fantastic though.

The fans seem to expect to be able to play like Man Utd. over night. Simply not possible unless the club goes the billionaire route of Chelsea / Man City.
  12. Standard memberoranjeboom
    Hightower
    Bolton/England
    Moves
    04 Sep '08 03:01
    The problem with Newcastle and a few other clubs is they think they are expected to finish in the top four by their own supporters! It ain't going to happen unless they have a serious cash injection ! Lets see what happens at man city now they have mega mega rich owners! They are supposed to be ten times richer than Mr Chelski "Roman"!!!
  13. Joined
    03 May '05
    Moves
    05 Sep '08 18:36
    Seems to me, in a league which is so absolutely governed by by money, it's quite commendable for managers like Keegan and Curbishley to step down rather than eventually take the sack and a motherload of a pay-off. In the face of a certain P45 why did Steve Maclaren not step down after failing to make the Euros?
  14. Subscriberinvigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    Buxted UK
    Moves
    05 Sep '08 19:30
    Originally posted by pootstick
    Seems to me, in a league which is so absolutely governed by by money, it's quite commendable for managers like Keegan and Curbishley to step down rather than eventually take the sack and a motherload of a pay-off. In the face of a certain P45 why did Steve Maclaren not step down after failing to make the Euros?
    Seems to me that Keegan and Curbishley are not realising what their employer wants, therefore they are unemployable. What they should have done was to carry on doing their best - if results fail then they would get sacked and could a big payout.

They have more scruples than cash

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree