LEt's all laugh at England

LEt's all laugh at England

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ROa
Always a Red

LA

Moves
22 Nov 07
1 edit

Originally posted by trevor33
show me the keane quote and then i'll point out how your post reinforces everyones belief about your football knowledge.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,22807837-23215,00.html

Opening statement:

"Sunderland Manager Roy Keane said some England players had inflated ego's and were so obsessed by club football they no longer cared about the international game."

I can also show you the post were you explain how Rooney is the most overrated player in the premiership and how you spend each game screaming at him (when not eating prawn sandwiches).

E
Cognitive Junta

Moves
22 Nov 07

Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
I can also show you the post were you explain how Rooney is the most overrated player in the premiership and how you spend each game screaming at him (when not eating prawn sandwiches).
But Rooney IS one of the most over-rated players in Football.

ROa
Always a Red

LA

Moves
22 Nov 07

Originally posted by Esoteric
But Rooney IS one of the most over-rated players in Football.
Really?

Why don't you ask Carlos Tevez how overrated Rooney is?
Or read recent quotes from Kaka, Maradonna, Ronaldo or Messi.

E
Cognitive Junta

Moves
22 Nov 07

Really?

Why don't you ask Carlos Tevez how overrated Rooney is?
Or read recent quotes from Kaka, Maradonna, Ronaldo or Messi.
All you have done is mention 5 players that are clearly better than him.

ROa
Always a Red

LA

Moves
22 Nov 07

Originally posted by Esoteric
All you have done is mention 5 players that are clearly better than him.
If you want to slag off Rooney, start a new thread.

You also don't seem to have read my short post properly.
I said READ the top players quotes.
They have all recently been quoted as saying Rooney is one of the best strikers in the world and European teams are afraid of the Rooney Tvez partnership.

This thread is about England.

I mentioned Rooney in a post to Trevor33 to try and reenforce that I make consistent statements and support players that make an effort and defend them if they are unfairly treated.

I'm also not always correct but I believe what I say.

I'm also still waiting for Trevor33 to respond to my last post to him.
It seems that like with most bluffers, when you call them, they quit.

t

my island

Moves
22 Nov 07

I'm also still waiting for Trevor33 to respond to my last post to him.
It seems that like with most bluffers, when you call them, they quit.
lol, i have a life, can't be sitting infront of the computer all night

i'll get on both your posts soon

ROa
Always a Red

LA

Moves
22 Nov 07

Originally posted by trevor33
lol, i have a life, can't be sitting infront of the computer all night

i'll get on both your posts soon
Your problem Trevor is you make too many assumptions.

I live in LA and its 2.10pm right now.

Don't waste my time and ask me to find quotes for you if you 'have a life' and don't have time to answer.

Life ain't too bad in LA either 😲

ROa
Always a Red

LA

Moves
22 Nov 07

Originally posted by spurs73
Good points... to be honest i dont give a S+it about england... as long as SPURS win thats all i care about.

and to be honest most ppl now support their club team more then their internation team.
For me club team football has totally overtaken international football.

I think that they should bring back the home internationals every year.

Also, even if England played attractive soccer/football I'd still want Manchester United to win the Premiership or Champions League over England winning the World Cup.

t

my island

Moves
22 Nov 07

Read Roy Keane's quote on the England performance mate.

I haven't been excited watchng England play since the end of the 2nd year of Sven's time in charge.

England have had all these problems for years:-
- No team shape
- Poor defensive play
- No creativity
- No team spirit on the pitch
- An inability to pass the ball consistently ...[text shortened]... n.
You keep on eating the prawn sandwiches and read Keane's comments on the match.
well first off, i'm irish and diffinatly not an england fan. so this

People like you Trevor may sit there in your comfortable couch chearing on players payed over 100k a week that can't pass a ball 10 feet for their country and just stroll about cluless on the pitch.

i don't do this. how many of the irish squad get paid 100k a week?

then they play bad i slate them, like i would if i was english to the english players but i would still care and always want them to win.

keane is right, i never said anything to the contrary. but its also the managers job to motivate the players, steve obviously couldn't do this.

I personally much prefare to watch my club side Manchester United play with pure ability and team spirit, giving 100% every game.
I don't slag off my teams best players (like you do about Rooney) claiming the 22 year old frustrates you and you spend most of your time shouting at him during games.

i like watching good football, the best players in england (which are apparently some of the best in the world) should be able to produce good football. doesn't matter whos in the team they (or ireland and their crap players) haven't done it for at least 5 years. i'm not going to repeat myself about rooney, he's a good player nothing more. way too many mistakes and crap shots to be the world class player you talk about.

You slag off Rooney when he's been in the hat as player of the season three years running at 22.
He comes back from injury and in the month Kaka says Ronaldo is the best player in the world, Rooney wins the award of player of the month.

i believe gerrard was also in that hat.
what did ronaldo do in that month?

You just keep on slagging off the club side players you 'support' and keep on cheering for the England players that turn up in their Ferrari's for England.

🙄

read above or any of my posts i the sports forum during the world cup.

I'll cheer for England again when they start playing like players that want to win.

in other words - i'll start supporting england again when they start winning because i'm a glory hunting baaaaaaaa 😛

whats this about prawn sandwiches? i hate them.

t

my island

Moves
22 Nov 07

Your problem Trevor is you make too many assumptions.

I live in LA and its 2.10pm right now.

Don't waste my time and ask me to find quotes for you if you 'have a life' and don't have time to answer.

Life ain't too bad in LA either 😲
you asked me to read the quote, i couldn't find it so asked you 😛

you live in la? how do you get to watch so much football that you talk about?

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
22 Nov 07

Originally posted by eatmybishop
i would laugh at england.... but i'm too busy still laughing at this...

"Greece arrived in Portugal for Euro 2004 as 150-1 outsiders who had never won a match at a major tournament."

ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha...
You're laughing at Portugal in a tournament where we eliminated you? 😕

s

6yd box

Moves
22 Nov 07

For me club team football has totally overtaken international football.

I think that they should bring back the home internationals every year.

Also, even if England played attractive soccer/football I'd still want Manchester United to win the Premiership or Champions League over England winning the World Cup.
well i dont think you are the only one with that view
the prem league is so competitive now and so exciting to watch it beats most international games anyday now (apart form say the world cup finals itself and to some extends the european champions)

I like a lot of other ppl dont want to see our players get injured playing international football and then miss important Prem league games.
i think over the last 10 years, with so many of the worlds top players playing in various leagues, the INTERNATIONAL games dont have the same attrection as they used to have when we were young.

We can watch henry, kaka, renaldo, renaldnio in club matches now, 10 years ago we only used to see them in internations and the odd european game.

Sky and cable tv has changed all that, and club football has taken over international matches for true football fans

s

6yd box

Moves
22 Nov 07

Originally posted by Palynka
You're laughing at Portugal in a tournament where we eliminated you? 😕
palynka dont worry... its a english thing!

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
22 Nov 07

Sky and cable tv has changed all that, and club football has taken over international matches for true football fans
Come on!

True football fans still love the respect to the shirt, the guts and the will to win because you represent something.

Sky and cable tv has changed many things, and club football has taken over international matches for COMMERCIAL reasons. True football fans still love someone who honours what they represent. Naive? Maybe. But there is the beauty of football, not in millionaires kicking it out for another million.

In international football you still see those who feel the game and those who only feel their bank accounts. Sure, it's a job like any other one and if you're out to make money then fair play to you.

But I know who I admire between Gattuso and Ashley Cole.

t

my island

Moves
22 Nov 07

well i dont think you are the only one with that view
the prem league is so competitive now and so exciting to watch it beats most international games anyday now (apart form say the world cup finals itself and to some extends the european champions)

I like a lot of other ppl dont want to see our players get injured playing international football and the ...[text shortened]... changed all that, and club football has taken over international matches for true football fans
well i wouldn't say so exciting to watch when watching a bolton wigan game 😴 theres a lot of very average games being played each week.

for whats at stake and only over 12 games i would say the internationals on a whole are more exciting than the prem league. i would however say that the champions leage is better to watch than both of them, all the best players in the world playing in a team their (most of them) are used to.