Moves
    04 Jul '09 15:44
    And Owen is now your best player!
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    04 Jul '09 17:49
    ma... who?

someone dig up the mid season transfers thread i said utd would buy owen.
  3. 6yd box
    Moves
    04 Jul '09 18:171 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    And Owen is now your best player!
    ofcourse this signing has not filled UNITED fans with great exciment- still no word from Rag or RooneyOneceABlue.

Both of whom have gone into hiding since the football lesson they got in the CL final😡

No dought both waiting for United to get the cheque book out to sign some top star....Karim Bezame? opps!! no .....he also snabbed United and went to play for a bigger clubπŸ˜€
  4. In your face
    Moves
    05 Jul '09 22:33
    I remember when Fergie signed Teddy Sheringham. Everyone was laughing at that. He turned out to be a really influential player and a great signing.

I look forward to seeing where MIchael Owen fits into his plans.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Jul '09 19:45
    Originally posted by jimslyp69
    I remember when Fergie signed Teddy Sheringham. Everyone was laughing at that. He turned out to be a really influential player and a great signing.

I look forward to seeing where MIchael Owen fits into his plans.
    Actually I think you are spot on. He will be a great signing.

He's still another scoucer though!
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    06 Jul '09 20:28

He's still another scoucer though!
    he's an everton fan so i don't mind.
  7. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    06 Jul '09 20:31
    I was never a huge fan of Owen's but always had to respect the number of goals he has always scored. At Real, he showed his ability to be an impact player from the bench, ending a season with the highest goals per minute ratio.

Even, at Newcastle, he managed 10 in 30 last season in a very poor side and while plagued by injuries.

It's a no loose situation for Fergie, three things can happen: he comes back to his former self and scores loads of goals, he is used as a sub and scores goals or he is injury prone and rubbish and costs us pretty much nothing.

He's 29 and there is no reason to say he is past his peak providing he can stay injury free. Although, given the bambe-esque nature of his knee injury while playing for England I have my doubts.

I'd hope he's not our major forward signing this season. I'd expect at least 2 more first squad players to be signed. Douglas Costa looks superb and maybe pick off a couple of players from Real, like Schneider and/or Huntelaar? Should be good value to be had.

D
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Jul '09 22:33
    He's shown the steel balls to take a massive salary cut to re-ignite his career and pitch for a place in the national side.

Beckham for all his ability missed an opportunity by signing for LA Galaxy rather than fighting for a top prem club. I know he is back with England but he missed a season.
  9. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    07 Jul '09 15:31
    He's shown the steel balls to take a massive salary cut to re-ignite his career and pitch for a place in the national side.

Beckham for all his ability missed an opportunity by signing for LA Galaxy rather than fighting for a top prem club. I know he is back with England but he missed a season.
    oh god not £50,000 a week with "massive" bonuses for goals and appearances. how will he cope?

was beckham's absence one of the reasons why england failed to qualify for eruo 2008?
  10. In your face
    Moves
    07 Jul '09 21:17
    Originally posted by trev33

was beckham's absence one of the reasons why england failed to qualify for eruo 2008?
    Yes!

The huge slump in England shirt sales resulted in our squad not being able to afford the air fare to the finals. So to save embarrassment, we 'pretended' not to qualify. Honest

Mickey Mouse cup anyway.
  11. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    07 Jul '09 22:27
    Originally posted by jimslyp69
    Mickey Mouse cup anyway.
    saying that is 96 were we?
  12. 6yd box
    Moves
    07 Jul '09 23:44
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    [b]I was never a huge fan of Owen's but always had to respect the number of goals he has always scored. At Real, he showed his ability to be an impact player from the bench, ending a season with the highest goals per minute ratio.
    πŸ˜΄πŸ˜΄πŸ˜΄πŸ˜΄πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Jul '09 11:46
    Originally posted by trev33
    oh god not £50,000 a week with "massive" bonuses for goals and appearances. how will he cope?

It's not about coping, it's about making the right choices for his longer term and imediate future. Becks was lured by the money and his silly mesianic mission to evangelise the US. He is the Michael Jackson of football!

Owen has made a brilliant move in agreeing a 50% pay cut to get into man u. He will do very for you lot so shut yer teeth and flip me burgerπŸ˜›
  14. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    08 Jul '09 11:47
    Originally posted by spurs73
    πŸ˜΄πŸ˜΄πŸ˜΄πŸ˜΄πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„
    Apart from the one on top of your head, have you got a point?

D
  15. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    08 Jul '09 12:32
    It's not about coping, it's about making the right choices for his longer term and imediate future. Becks was lured by the money and his silly mesianic mission to evangelise the US. He is the Michael Jackson of football!

Owen has made a brilliant move in agreeing a 50% pay cut to get into man u. He will do very for you lot so shut yer teeth and flip me burgerπŸ˜›
    so you think beckham is also bigger than jesus?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree