1. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    24 May '11 13:11
    man city finally open thier trophy cabinet for the first time in years and what happens? the bloody dust closes airports across the uk.😀
  2. Joined
    01 Mar '09
    Moves
    26 May '11 07:40
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    It wouldn't be so bad if they were just clowns.

[b]And whilst I'm here.....hats off to City today, winning a rightful place in Champions League football

Yeah... at least there's one non-London club in the top three...

Richard[/b]
    Yes congratulations and turbans off to City, but could you define 'rightful place' for me, i do not quite see the justification.

You are right though, glad its not four london clubs representing England in Europe, GG Abu Dhabi.
  3. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    09 Jun '11 20:142 edits
    Hmmm, Tevez wasn't exactly encouraging with his chat show appearance on Argentinian daytime t.v. yesterday, 'there are only two restaurants in Manchester ( hmm, I count at least half a dozen )...I invite friends over and they can't even go to the cinema as they don't understand a word ( simple, stump up for their English lessons then, better still employ a live-in post graduate blonde )....it always rains ( no, just over 300days a year ) and no I shall not buy a house in Majorca and stay there whenever possible ( the Spanish don;t like you Carlos, your football a different matter ), I don;t ever want to willingly visit Manchester again' ( hmmm, not sure you'll get a great reception then over the next few years...eh !?!! )...
    What a shame he learned his outlook on life and therefore his hang ups from his time spent over at United...then again, he did get on VERY well with Ryan Giggs, so maybe he's contemplating ANY possible excuse before the shyte hits the fan and his wife gets the translated text from the tabloid papaers...best thing you could've done is KEEP QUIET 😛
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Jun '11 20:472 edits
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    Hmmm, Tevez wasn't exactly encouraging with his chat show appearance on Argentinian daytime t.v. yesterday, 'there are only two restaurants in Manchester ( hmm, I count at least half a dozen )...I invite friends over and they can't even go to the cinema as they don't understand a word ( simple, stump up for their English lessons then, better still employ ranslated text from the tabloid papaers...best thing you could've done is KEEP QUIET 😛
    can you blame him though, where would you rather live, Manchester or Buenos Aires? On a football front his lack of moral is bad for the team, you guys got so much money, get rid of him and get someone that wants to play for you, its the same old , a willing man is worth three that are pressed into service.
  5. In your face
    Moves
    09 Jun '11 21:35
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    can you blame him though, where would you rather live, Manchester or Buenos Aires? On a football front his lack of moral is bad for the team, you guys got so much money, get rid of him and get someone that wants to play for you, its the same old , a willing man is worth three that are pressed into service.
    Christ on a bike. What a whinging t***. No one made him come to Manchester in the first place. He spent four ****ing years here, surely he would have cottoned on to the rain thing in the first year if not before he came. Hello Carlos, we are renowned for the wet stuff, just as Champagne is renowned for its posh cider in fancy bottles. Wakey wakey? Didn't anyone one at West Ham tell you that it's grim up North?

Only two restaurants? Did he confuse the burger vans in City's ground for these and never actually managed to find a main road anywhere in Manchester, or maybe he meant Argentinian restaurants? God knows. I'm sure he pulled off the same sort of crap at West Ham too.

Anyway, a cloud has lifted from over sunny Manchester now he has gone. Salud Senor, don't trip up over your bottom lip on the way out.

Rant over
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    09 Jun '11 22:311 edit
    have spent about a week in each of them... both in winter, i'd have to go with buenos aries, public transport system was much better 😵

plus i'd rather watch a boca match live than sit for 95 mins (or how long it takes to score a 90th min winner) with the boring utd fans.

have to admit though, i didn't mind manchester as a city, much better than liverpoo.
  7. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    09 Jun '11 23:43
    Well, two ways he looks at that 'problem'..first and foremost is that no team could afford to pay him there, certainly not 'city money' and not what he demands these days lol...
    At the end of the day City need a world leading, not just world class, manager...one who inspires anyone that he picks to play their very best for him AND the team. Mancini isn't that man, I'm not overly fond of his football at times but he has delivered with results even with all the money at his disposal...he has players that have no respect for him at all and he lets them get away with it... that is enough for me.
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    10 Jun '11 02:47
    Well, two ways he looks at that 'problem'..first and foremost is that no team could afford to pay him there, certainly not 'city money' and not what he demands these days lol...
    At the end of the day City need a world leading, not just world class, manager...one who inspires anyone that he picks to play their very best for him AND the team. Mancini isn' ...[text shortened]... have no respect for him at all and he lets them get away with it... that is enough for me.
    3rd in the league and won their first major trophy for decades, i'd say he's doing alright so far. lets see what they do next season as title challengers before we judge him. he was a winner at inter and is winning at city, what more do you want?
  9. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    10 Jun '11 09:121 edit
    Originally posted by trev33
    3rd in the league and won their first major trophy for decades, i'd say he's doing alright so far. lets see what they do next season as title challengers before we judge him. he was a winner at inter and is winning at city, what more do you want?
    Give them Alan Ball back.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Jun '11 12:451 edit
    At the end of the day City need a world leading, not just world class, manager...one who inspires anyone that he picks to play their very best for him AND the team. Mancini isn' have no respect for him at all and he lets them get away with it... that is enough for me.
    interesting perspective, you cite Mancini, but Tevez is clearly unhappy, just by way of contrast, the same cannot be said of Suarez, he loves playing for Liverpool and Liverpool love him. Attitude is everything. But you are correct, I doubt Fergie would have put up with his antics.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Jun '11 12:481 edit
    have spent about a week in each of them... both in winter, i'd have to go with buenos aries, public transport system was much better 😵

plus i'd rather watch a boca match live than sit for 95 mins (or how long it takes to score a 90th min winner) with the boring utd fans.

have to admit though, i didn't mind manchester as a city, much better than liverpoo.
    Ive always wanted to see South America, ive heard Buenos Aries is the most European of all cities there. Would be awesome i think. Argentina also boasts some chess immortals.
  12. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    10 Jun '11 14:52
    Ive always wanted to see South America, ive heard Buenos Aries is the most European of all cities there. Would be awesome i think. Argentina also boasts some chess immortals.
    it was the only city in s. america that i can remember seeing people playing chess in the parks but you're right it does have a european feel to it, wish i'd stayed there longer tbh. you should go sometime, culturally it's my favorite continent.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Jun '11 21:02
    it was the only city in s. america that i can remember seeing people playing chess in the parks but you're right it does have a european feel to it, wish i'd stayed there longer tbh. you should go sometime, culturally it's my favorite continent.
    did you back pack around? or go with some agency? was it difficult to find accommodation?
  14. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    10 Jun '11 21:54
    did you back pack around? or go with some agency? was it difficult to find accommodation?
    backpacked around, always. depends on what accommodation you were looking for, it was never difficult to find but there was a varying degree of places available in terms of quality, saying that the worse place i stayed in was one of the most expensive, a one night stop over in brazil taking the as far away from the beaten track route between peru and bolivia as possible. for me looking back the hardest thing about traveling around s. america was the transport, even the good buses took a lot out of you so the day after a night bus was usually a right-off. i'll definitely plan the trip better when i go back so there's less traveling.
  15. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    11 Jun '11 14:08
    Originally posted by jimslyp69
    Champagne is renowned for its posh cider in fancy bottles.
    Cider!? Champagne isn't cider - Shampies has bubbles in it!

Richard

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree