1. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    16 Jan '13 23:16
    A compelling read.

http://deadspin.com/5976517/manti-teos-dead-girlfriend-the-most-heartbreaking-and-inspirational-story-of-the-college-football-season-is-a-hoax
  2. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    20 Jan '13 00:48
    Originally posted by Zamboner
    A compelling read.

http://deadspin.com/5976517/manti-teos-dead-girlfriend-the-most-heartbreaking-and-inspirational-story-of-the-college-football-season-is-a-hoax
    I'll tell you what. Hawaii is like Mississippi with palm trees. The "girlfriend" in all of this - I would not want to be him, on that island.
  3. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    22 Jan '13 09:32
    Please, you can allude, so you just state, right? I kinda think of Mississippi as being racist, but I don't think that's what you mean. Inbred?
  4. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    23 Jan '13 03:13
    Don't pin the [A&M] freshman yet. If Notre Dame finishes business at USC and goes in as #1 in the BCS, Manti Te'o may be one of the few defenders to win the Heisman. He is the heart and soul of the defense, and his story is too much to ignore among the voters. . .

Manziel did not suffer the mental anguish and personal losses of family and girlfriend just prior to the start of the season and play through it all season. Manziel did not endure the spotlight, nor was he the heart and soul of his team all season. There are MANY intangibles, character being one of them, that will factor into this vote.

http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php subject=Freshman_is_Leading_Heisman_Contender&threadid=149827
  5. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    23 Jan '13 12:35
    Originally posted by moon1969
    [quote]Don't pin the [A&M] freshman yet. If Notre Dame finishes business at USC and goes in as #1 in the BCS, Manti Te'o may be one of the few defenders to win the Heisman. He is the heart and soul of the defense, and his story is too much to ignore among the voters. . .

Manziel did not suffer the mental anguish and personal losses of family and girlfr ...[text shortened]... hotpawn.com/board/showthread.php subject=Freshman_is_Leading_Heisman_Contender&threadid=149827
    Fortunately the Heisman vote came out the way it should have. In the end it appears that Te'o was not even deserving of all the defensive awards/accolades. Clowney of South Carolina is head and shoulders a better defensive player than Te'o. Perhaps the hoax was indeed to jockey favor for a Heisman. If Te'o knew this not to be a hoax then why did he fail to attend the funeral? I believe he knew there was none! Has anyone verified Te'o's grandmother is really dead? That's been sorta lost in the more tawdry girlfriend story.
  6. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    23 Jan '13 16:10
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Fortunately the Heisman vote came out the way it should have. In the end it appears that Te'o was not even deserving of all the defensive awards/accolades. Clowney of South Carolina is head and shoulders a better defensive player than Te'o. Perhaps the hoax was indeed to jockey favor for a Heisman. If Te'o knew this not to be a hoax then why did he fail ...[text shortened]... 's grandmother is really dead? That's been sorta lost in the more tawdry girlfriend story.
    It hasn't been lost, his grandma is indeed dead and shut up about him not deserving the other awards. You are not a football person, you look at stats and have no ability to even read what they mean let alone look at some actual film and know who is good and who isn't. You have proven this over and over again, you are a pretender.

Te'o was well deserving of his other awards. He is the best middle linebacker in the draft.
  7. England
    Moves
    23 Jan '13 18:25
    i married my hoax,
  8. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    23 Jan '13 20:25
    Originally posted by stoker
    i married my hoax,
    Would that make your children hoax jokes?
  9. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    23 Jan '13 20:26
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    It hasn't been lost, his grandma is indeed dead and shut up about him not deserving the other awards. You are not a football person, you look at stats and have no ability to even read what they mean let alone look at some actual film and know who is good and who isn't. You have proven this over and over again, you are a pretender.

Te'o was well deserving of his other awards. He is the best middle linebacker in the draft.
    Zing!
  10. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    23 Jan '13 23:401 edit
    Originally posted by tomtom232

Te'o proved amply he deserved not a singe one of his awards. He could not stop an elderly citizen running up the middle. Overinflated, overrated, media invention is what Te'o turned out to be. Mark my words. He will never make it in the NFL and any GM who drafts him high will end up losing their job. You talk about stats and being all knowing. Explain then his dismal performance in the NCG. Explain his inability to tackle, drop into coverage effectively and his veritable sieve in the middle. He is about the worst defensive player to ever win all the awards he did. He is a fraud and will make some GM sorry! He is not the best middle LB in this or any draft. FRAUD! Media invention of a LB. The entire ND defense was a joke!
  11. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    24 Jan '13 01:30
    Te'o proved amply he deserved not a singe one of his awards. He could not stop an elderly citizen running up the middle. Overinflated, overrated, media invention is what Te'o turned out to be. Mark my words. He will never make it in the NFL and any GM who drafts him high will end up losing their job. You talk about stats and being all knowing. Explain t ...[text shortened]... dle LB in this or any draft. FRAUD! Media invention of a LB. The entire ND defense was a joke!
    You are out of your head.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Jan '13 03:491 edit
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    You are out of your head.
    I guess you missed the NCG.

Anyway, everyone knows that ND is overrated. They have a huge national following and as such are hyped every year.
  13. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    24 Jan '13 07:46
    Originally posted by whodey
    I guess you missed the NCG.

Anyway, everyone knows that ND is overrated. They have a huge national following and as such are hyped every year.
    One subject me and whodey agree.
  14. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    24 Jan '13 20:401 edit
    Fortunately the Heisman vote came out the way it should have. In the end it appears that Te'o was not even deserving of all the defensive awards/accolades. Clowney of South Carolina is head and shoulders a better defensive player than Te'o. Perhaps the hoax was indeed to jockey favor for a Heisman. If Te'o knew this not to be a hoax then why did he fail 's grandmother is really dead? That's been sorta lost in the more tawdry girlfriend story.
    It's always all or nothing with you, isn't it? You know there are rhetorical tools available to you other than screeching emotional hyperbole. You should check 'em out.
  15. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    24 Jan '13 23:05
    Te'o proved amply he deserved not a singe one of his awards. He could not stop an elderly citizen running up the middle. Overinflated, overrated, media invention is what Te'o turned out to be. Mark my words. He will never make it in the NFL and any GM who drafts him high will end up losing their job. You talk about stats and being all knowing. Explain t ...[text shortened]... dle LB in this or any draft. FRAUD! Media invention of a LB. The entire ND defense was a joke!
    You watch one game against the best team in the Nation when the coaches utterly sucked at getting their team prepared and say that any GM who drafts him high will lose their job? Te'o is one of the top DEFENSIVE prospects and the only ILB that gives him a run is Kevin Minter but it will all depend on the Senior bowl and the Combine.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree