Michael Vick

Michael Vick

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s

Moves
23 Nov 09

Originally posted by quackquack
If I understand you correctly you are glad that many people who do relatively nothing get no second chance but people who literally kill others are forgiven. I would suggest that you have warped view of things
Warped it may be, but please don't saddle me with a view never espoused. i hold no special sympathy for killers. If I had my druthers the death penalty would be expanded. That said, I hold no special sympathy for Vick since he did not get the full brunt of the sentence he should have. Wrongdoers should be booted, period. Too many deserving players left looking in because a roster spot is taken by the Vicks of the world. Boot em all out I say. Let players like Blount's sub at Oregon in! Keep Blount out of the NFL! Rdepemtion should be reserved for the Vince Youngs of the world whose only wrong was hitting a rough spot as players, never outside of football!

q

Moves
23 Nov 09

But you post your venom for all who sinned in a forum on Vick. How about Ray Lewis who is so main stream he can be on the cover of magazines and video games? It just would be more effective to preach about someone who killed humans not dogs.

s

Moves
24 Nov 09

But you post your venom for all who sinned in a forum on Vick. How about Ray Lewis who is so main stream he can be on the cover of magazines and video games? It just would be more effective to preach about someone who killed humans not dogs.
Again, what makes you think I like Ray Lewis any better than Vick? Why is it venomous to post truth about a miserable dog ( no insult to canines) like Vick. What? You want a post about all the others? Would that please you. It i s not enough I want the death penalty for all these wrongdoers or outright expulsion from the league without reinatatement to give the Masolis of the world room to shine? The thread happened to be about Vick and how unredeemable he seems. I have no faith in thugs whether it's Vick, Blount or other miserable human beings.
I go back to Vince Young. What a breath of fresh air by comparison. Almost two years on the bench and not even a whimper!

If you must go ahead and start a thread on Ray Lewis. I'll be sure to pipe in. Bear in mind that Ray Lewis' crime appears to have been a crime of passion. Vick's was premeditated, involved gambling, a possible link to organized crime. For one minute do you believe a link with murder is around the corner of being uncovered? People who torture animals are sociopaths! They are not good people! Do you really want to stick your neck out for this human garbage?

s

6yd box

Moves
24 Nov 09

Originally posted by scacchipazzo
Again, what makes you think I like Ray Lewis any better than Vick? Why is it venomous to post truth about a miserable dog ( no insult to canines) like Vick. What? You want a post about all the others? Would that please you. It i s not enough I want the death penalty for all these wrongdoers or outright expulsion from the league without reinatatement to ...[text shortened]... They are not good people! Do you really want to stick your neck out for this human garbage?
a crime is a crime- killing a dog seems more of a sin in american society (and society in general) then taking another human life.

Vick done wrong in the eyes of the media and stupid people who value dogs lifes more the human lifes... u people make me sick

s

Moves
24 Nov 09

Originally posted by spurs73
a crime is a crime- killing a dog seems more of a sin in american society (and society in general) then taking another human life.

Vick done wrong in the eyes of the media and stupid people who value dogs lifes more the human lifes... u people make me sick
I don't disagree with you at all that a dogs life cannot be held in higher regard than that of a human. The same goes for hate crimes which hold up crimes to be somehow worse than others dependig on the victim thus placing a greater value on certain victims. I bet the school thugs who beat up redheads simply for being redheads the other day are not getting charged with a hate crime because the victims are white. I believe the idea posted on face book was" Kick a Ginger Day".

At any rate. You misunderstand me. I do not value the life of an animal above that of a human. My opint is that a serial killer/torturer of animals cannot be far behind killing humans or presents more potential for it than the rest of humanity does. You disagree with this?

q

Moves
24 Nov 09

I don't disagree with you at all that a dogs life cannot be held in higher regard than that of a human. The same goes for hate crimes which hold up crimes to be somehow worse than others dependig on the victim thus placing a greater value on certain victims. I bet the school thugs who beat up redheads simply for being redheads the other day are not gett ...[text shortened]... ans or presents more potential for it than the rest of humanity does. You disagree with this?
I understand what you are saying. I agree with your statement on hate crimes and I believe from a victims point of view there is no difference if they are target as a result of race, religion, sexual orientation or hair color.
I only disagree with the size of the gap between Vick and people who attack humans. Vick's behavior was certainly reckless but he has not directly injuring humans or put lives of humans in jeopardy. I am far more afraid of a guy like Plaxico who is so reckless he discharges a loaded gun in public than I am of Vick. Although dog fighting is brutal it is not that different to me from cock fighting (legal in many parts of the world). Vick's crime also isn't that he killed dogs (that's also legal everywhere) but how he killed them. The fact that it was premeditated bothers me less than it bothers other people. Vick knew what he was doing is wrong but did not realize that he was doing something this wrong. Some people might J-walk or break the speed limit, park in a hadicapped spot or smoke marijuana. They are all wrong but people may feel that there is no human victim. I think Vick felt his crime (probably incorrectly) was in that category. I certainly do not expect him to ever dog fight again while people like Pacman Jones probably will break the law again.

s

Moves
25 Nov 09

I understand what you are saying. I agree with your statement on hate crimes and I believe from a victims point of view there is no difference if they are target as a result of race, religion, sexual orientation or hair color.
I only disagree with the size of the gap between Vick and people who attack humans. Vick's behavior was certainly reckless bu ...[text shortened]... im to ever dog fight again while people like Pacman Jones probably will break the law again.
We reach an agreement finally. Let's let the matter rest for now. I like debating you but I think we have exhausted our arguments! Let's talk Ducks football instead.

q

Moves
25 Nov 09

We reach an agreement finally. Let's let the matter rest for now. I like debating you but I think we have exhausted our arguments! Let's talk Ducks football instead.
Sounds good to me. Looks like your ducks are one game away from the Rose Bowl. That's gotta me more exciting than my Michigan Wolverines prospects.

s

Moves
25 Nov 09

Sounds good to me. Looks like your ducks are one game away from the Rose Bowl. That's gotta me more exciting than my Michigan Wolverines prospects.
You're a Wolverine? I thought you quacked because of bleeding duck green! My mistake! I am not a Duck but a Longhorn or TCU or any Texas team needing support. I guess badwater is the duck?

Wolverines appear one good recruiting class away from greatness. I hope they concentrate on the D side of the ball!

q

Moves
25 Nov 09

You're a Wolverine? I thought you quacked because of bleeding duck green! My mistake! I am not a Duck but a Longhorn or TCU or any Texas team needing support. I guess badwater is the duck?

Wolverines appear one good recruiting class away from greatness. I hope they concentrate on the D side of the ball!
Actually, if I were a Duck fan quackquack would be somewhat clever. I like your optimism for my Wolverenes but Michigan is more than 1 recruiting class away. I wish TCU was on Texas' schedule and then the winner would play the Alabama-Florida winner and I can't see how anyone would think a playoff system in 2009 would have a better champion than the SEC champion vs. the Texas champion.

s

Moves
26 Nov 09

Actually, if I were a Duck fan quackquack would be somewhat clever. I like your optimism for my Wolverenes but Michigan is more than 1 recruiting class away. I wish TCU was on Texas' schedule and then the winner would play the Alabama-Florida winner and I can't see how anyone would think a playoff system in 2009 would have a better champion than the SEC champion vs. the Texas champion.
Indeed that would be a great end to the season! TCU would scare me if I were a def coordinator.

I really think if Mich recruits good players on the D side of the ball they should be quite competitive next year. Bowl good even. Not NCG good quite yet. Little steps. At least they have a great QB who is fearless, gutsy and not full of himself!