MLB Playoff Predictions

MLB Playoff Predictions

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
05 Oct 09
1 edit

Here we go: Twins over Tigers in AL Central Playoff.

Yankees over Twins
Sux over Angels (again)

Cards over Dodgers
Rockies end Philly's reign

Throw your two cents in "experts". If I remember correctly, Darvlay managed to get every first round series wrong last year.

CORRECTION: Darv managed to get the Rays winning their first round series right and every other series (including the League Championships and World Series) wrong.

Moves
05 Oct 09

Originally posted by no1marauder

Yankees over Twins
Sux over Angels (again)

Cards over Dodgers

Throw your two cents in "experts". If I remember correctly, Darvlay managed to get every first round series wrong last year.
tigers win playoff

tigers over yankees in 5.
la over sox in 4.

cards over dogers in 3.
philly over rockies in 4.

tigers over la in 6.
philly over cars in 7.

tigers over philly in 5.

tigers win ws.

YOU GOT THAT!!

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
05 Oct 09

Yankees over Twins
Sux over Angels (again)

Cards over Dodgers

Throw your two cents in "experts". If I remember correctly, Darvlay managed to get every first round series wrong last y ...[text shortened]... ies right and every other series (including the League Championships and World Series) wrong.
Here are some stats for you:

In four starts against the Tigers this year, Scott Baker is 1-1 with a 6.75 ERA.

In four starts against the Twins this year, Rick Porcello is 1-2 with a 3.09 ERA.

The Tigers will win.

d

Moves
05 Oct 09

Yankees over Twins
Sux over Angels (again)

Cards over Dodgers

Throw your two cents in "experts". If I remember correctly, Darvlay managed to get every first round series wrong last y ...[text shortened]... ies right and every other series (including the League Championships and World Series) wrong.
Tigers over Twins in Playoff

Yanks over Tigers
Red Sox over Angels

Cards over Dodgers
Phillies over Rockies

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
05 Oct 09

Originally posted by rwingett

In four starts against the Tigers this year, Scott Baker is 1-1 with a 6.75 ERA.

In four starts against the Twins this year, Rick Porcello is 1-2 with a 3.09 ERA.

The Tigers will win.

The Tigers are 2-7 in Minnesota in 2009.

Porcello is 0-2 in TwinTown.

Baker is 1-0 against the Tigers in Minnesota.

The Tigers stink.

The Twins will win.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
05 Oct 09

Yankees over Tigers/Twins in 4
LA over Boston (they're due to beat Boston one of these years) in 5

Cards over Dodgers in 4 (Carpenter and Wainright too much for LA's lineup)
Rockies over Phils in 5 when Brad Hawpe hits a 3 run HR off Lidge in the top of the 9th in game 5 to turn a 3-1 deficit into a 4-3 win.

Book it.

F
Love thy bobblehead

Moves
05 Oct 09

Twins over Tigers.

Yankees over Twins
Angels over Red Sox

Cardinals over Dodgers
Phillies over Rockies

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
05 Oct 09

My prediction is PAIN!~

w

Moves
05 Oct 09

I'lll make this short and sweet. It will be the Cards and the Yankees in the Series with the Yankees taking it in 5 games.

q

Moves
05 Oct 09

I'd predict the whole thing now (sort of like when I fill out my NCAA bracket)

Twins over Tigers
Yankees over Twins
Red Sox over Angles
Red Sox over Yankees

Cards over Dodgers
Phillies over Rockies
Cards over Phillies

Red Sox beat Cards

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
05 Oct 09
1 edit

Originally posted by whodey
I'lll make this short and sweet. It will be the Cards and the Yankees in the Series with the Yankees taking it in 5 games.
Here's your dose of pain, Yanks don't have the pitching.

P-

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
05 Oct 09

Originally posted by Phlabibit

P-
I had thought that as well, but the fact is that the Yankees have the third best ERA in the AL.

M

Moves
05 Oct 09
4 edits

Yankees over Twins
Sux over Angels (again)

Cards over Dodgers

tigers over the twins - Brett Favre throws a tantrum after the Vikings lose MNF football game to Packers and tears up the field. The next day's baseball game turns when twins outfielder Michael Cuddyer trips on a divot and lets a ball drop that allows three runs to score.

yankees over tigers - A-Rod doesn't get a hit
red sox over angels - because it's time for another Yankee-Red Sox match-up

yankees over red sox - yankees win first three, red sox win the next three, in game 7, the sox are ahead 2-0 until light-hitting Jose Molina hits a 3-run HR in the 7th inning after a long delay following a ball he fouled off his foot on the previous pitch. But a stolen base by Jacoby Ellsbury plays a key role as Rivera blows a lead in the 9th and the sox then go ahead by two runs in the 10th, but in the bottom of that inning, the yankees win when an easy roller goes under first baseman Kevin Youkilis' glove. A-Rod remains hitless

dodgers over cardinals - cardinals lead series 2-0 but during game 3, Manny Ramirez decides to be like Babe Ruth and points to where he "will hit a home run" on the next pitch. He strikes out on three pitches. But Albert Pujols is laughing so hard he tears his oblique. The stunned cardinals get only 3 hits over the remainder of the series.

rockies over phillies - because I said so.

dodgers over rockies - Dodgers win the first two at home, but Manny Ramirez goes awol during all three games at Colorado. No one seems worried because it's Manny being Manny, and the dodgers win two of the three anyway because, well, they're playing the Rockies.

dodgers over yankees - Joe Torre gets the last laugh against his old team - yankees lead series 3-2, but then Ramirez gets home runs on three straight pitches to win game 6 and declares himself Senor Octubre. In game 7, A-Rod is still 0 for the post-season - and four times he comes up with the bases loaded and each time grounds into a double-play. The Yanks lose 2-1 when two runs score after the second baseman drops a pop-up that would've been the final out. A-Rod strikes out in the bottom of the 9th to end the game.

Madison Square Garde

Moves
05 Oct 09

Originally posted by Phlabibit

P-
No pitching. Noted

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
05 Oct 09

Originally posted by Melanerpes
tigers over the twins - Brett Favre throws a tantrum after the Vikings lose MNF football game to Packers and tears up the field. The next day's baseball game turns when twins outfielder Michael Cuddyer trips on a divot and lets a ball drop that allows three runs to score.

yankees over tigers - A-Rod doesn't get a hit
red sox over angels - because it' ...[text shortened]... ould've been the final out. A-Rod strikes out in the bottom of the 9th to end the game.
Very impressive. How long did it take you to imagine that!? 😀