1. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    29 Oct '09 21:13
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Pedro doesn't need to go 7 or 8, the Philly bullpen is well rested.

P-
    ... and terrible.
  2. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    29 Oct '09 23:11
    Originally posted by darvlay
    ... and terrible.
    Not going to agree there darv! Lidge is back together.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Oct '09 11:08
    The Reds in 5.
  4. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    30 Oct '09 13:14
    I must be the only one who thinks Pedro was lucky his last start. 🙂

Give me the Yankees and I'll be so bold to predict that Pay-dro doesn't get past the 6th tonight.
    I was close. He made it in to the 7th but couldn't record an out. That's baseball for you -- last time Manuel took him out too early and this time he left him in too long.

I was wrong about Pedro though. he certainly looked sharp out there and could've easily been in line for a win had AJ not kept it together so well last night.
  5. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    30 Oct '09 13:26
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    I think the key to the game is Pedro. If he is on, I don't care what AJ does, Philly will win. Pedro has the guile to thwart the yankee hitters. I am not sure Burnett can stop the Philly bats either. I will guatantee you that the Yankees will be pressing tonight because they do not want to leave NY down 0-2.
    So, was he on? I would say so. It looked bleak for the Yankees for a while...
  6. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    30 Oct '09 13:33
    ... and terrible.
    I had to crash after 6 and second home run.

You'd call Pete 'terrible' last night? What did I miss?

Off to check box scores I guess.

P-
  7. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    30 Oct '09 13:37
    I had to crash after 6 and second home run.

You'd call Pete 'terrible' last night? What did I miss?

Off to check box scores I guess.

P-
    Who's Pete? I called the Philly bullpen terrible.
  8. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    30 Oct '09 13:38
    Darv, it was hardly a bad night for Pete, it was a great night for A.J. Burnett.

P-
  9. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    30 Oct '09 13:381 edit
    Who's Pete? I called the Philly bullpen terrible.
    They gave up a run.

Where were the bats is a better question.

What does the name "Pedro" mean in AMERICAN?

P-
  10. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    30 Oct '09 13:42
    Darv, it was hardly a bad night for Pete, it was a great night for A.J. Burnett.

P-
    Dude, I never said it was a bad night for Pedor. Read my first post today where it says "I WAS WRONG ABOUT PEDRO"
  11. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    30 Oct '09 13:44
    They gave up a run.

Where were the bats is a better question.

What does the name "Pedro" mean in AMERICAN?

P-
    Park gave up a crucial hit to Posada. That's the only error the bullpen made last night.
  12. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    30 Oct '09 14:21
    Dude, I never said it was a bad night for Pedor. Read my first post today where it says "I WAS WRONG ABOUT PEDRO"
    I missed that post... must have had an unrefreshed page I reacted to.

P-
  13. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    30 Oct '09 15:38
    So, was he on? I would say so. It looked bleak for the Yankees for a while...
    I thought Pedro pitched well enough to win. If you hold NY to 3 runs a game, I like your chances to win. Philly just couldn't hit Burnette last night.

Face it, Philly got out of NY with a split. Now they get three games in their yard. If they only take 2 of 3 at home, I like their chances of winning it in NY.
  14. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    30 Oct '09 15:42
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    I thought Pedro pitched well enough to win. If you hold NY to 3 runs a game, I like your chances to win. Philly just couldn't hit Burnette last night.

Face it, Philly got out of NY with a split. Now they get three games in their yard. If they only take 2 of 3 at home, I like their chances of winning it in NY.
    Definitely. Either way, I think there's a ghood chance this series goes to 7 and that's great news for baseball fans.
  15. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    30 Oct '09 15:553 edits
    I was close. He made it in to the 7th but couldn't record an out. That's baseball for you -- last time Manuel took him out too early and this time he left him in too long.

I was wrong about Pedro though. he certainly looked sharp out there and could've easily been in line for a win had AJ not kept it together so well last night.
    Seems like almost every time Pedro pitches against the Yankees, he pitches extremely well and loses because whoever the Yankees put out there happens to pitch better that day.

Hence - the chant "Who's Your Daddy?" -- even though the Yankees have never really "owned" Pedro - they just always seem to find a way to win the games he's pitching.

But it's good to see Pedro is finally pitching well again -- it's been a long road back for him and it looked like he was "done". In his prime, he was arguably the best pitcher of all-time. Even now, with all of his stuff 5mph slower, he may still be one of the top pitchers in baseball right now (assuming he can pitch a whole season like his last two games have been).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree