1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    30 Oct '09 18:33
    If the Yankees face Pedro again, they'll bomb him. He got away with a lot of bad pitches in the zone last night; of course, Girardi deciding to go with a weaker lineup didn't help. And what the heck was Jeter doing bunting with two strikes? The Yanks still did enough to win and I don't see them losing to Philly.
  2. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    30 Oct '09 19:17
    Breaking news:

Joe Blanton is now starting game 4 rather than a short-rested Cliff Lee.
  3. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    30 Oct '09 19:44
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    If the Yankees face Pedro again, they'll bomb him. He got away with a lot of bad pitches in the zone last night; of course, Girardi deciding to go with a weaker lineup didn't help. And what the heck was Jeter doing bunting with two strikes? The Yanks still did enough to win and I don't see them losing to Philly.
    We finally agree on something! Good analysis! I predicted Yanks in five, but now see it as a 6 game series. Jeter sure had a brain fart! Perhaps he thought he could surprise the Phils!
  4. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    30 Oct '09 20:41
    I don't see them losing to Philly.
    Mortgage the house, borrow money to place the wager..... Swami has given the projection of his infinite wisdom.

Out of curiosity, did you see yourself picking 3 out of 4 playoff matchups WRONG?
    Those were all your visions too, were they not?
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    30 Oct '09 22:30
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Definitely. Either way, I think there's a ghood chance this series goes to 7 and that's great news for baseball fans.
    exactly. i predicted a yankees win in 7 at the start... although i really wish neither team would win it.
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    30 Oct '09 22:571 edit
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Mortgage the house, borrow money to place the wager..... Swami has given the projection of his infinite wisdom.

Out of curiosity, did you see yourself picking 3 out of 4 playoff matchups WRONG?
    Those were all your visions too, were they not?
    Unlike you, I got both Championship Series correct. Since you already picked the Yankees to win, you're just being you're usual flaming a**hole.
  7. Madison Square Garde
    Moves
    31 Oct '09 00:41
    I thought Pedro pitched well enough to win. If you hold NY to 3 runs a game, I like your chances to win. Philly just couldn't hit Burnette last night.

Face it, Philly got out of NY with a split. Now they get three games in their yard. If they only take 2 of 3 at home, I like their chances of winning it in NY.
    And then your alarm clock went off.
  8. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    31 Oct '09 01:48
    Unlike you, I got both Championship Series correct. Since you already picked the Yankees to win, you're just being you're usual flaming a**hole.
    Heh heh heh...nice comeback. It addresses the fact that you got out-picked...AGAIN...and you have shown humility by starting the name calling.

Nice job at being so predictable. You are such a fun chap!!

Have a nice day!!
  9. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    31 Oct '09 01:48
    Originally posted by YEAH BOY
    And then your alarm clock went off.
    We'll see won't we?
  10. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    02 Nov '09 13:25
    Not going to agree there darv! Lidge is back together.
    *Ahem*
  11. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    02 Nov '09 16:48
    Originally posted by darvlay
    *Ahem*
    Until last night..... 😞
  12. Standard memberTraveling Again
    I'm 1/4 Ninja
    Moves
    02 Nov '09 18:05
    I didn't tell anyone this, but at the very beginning of the year I picked the Yanks to be up 3-1 vs. the Phillies in the World Series.

So basically my prediction was better than anyone else's.
  13. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    02 Nov '09 18:19
    Originally posted by Traveling Again
    I didn't tell anyone this, but at the very beginning of the year I picked the Yanks to be up 3-1 vs. the Phillies in the World Series.

Funny. I predicted earlier today to myself that someone would come in here and claim they were smarter than everyone else. For a while I thought I'd have to do it myself!
  14. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    02 Nov '09 18:55
    Originally posted by Traveling Again

Funny, my prediction is in writing in this very forum. Where did you say you wrote yours?
  15. Standard memberTraveling Again
    I'm 1/4 Ninja
    Moves
    02 Nov '09 22:27
    Funny, my prediction is in writing in this very forum. Where did you say you wrote yours?
    On some tissue paper at my office. I gave it to one of my co-workers. He can vouch for me.

I'm the real deal when it comes to predictions. Must be the Texas blood in me. 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree