MLB Playoff Predictions

MLB Playoff Predictions

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F
Love thy bobblehead

Moves
28 Oct 09
1 edit

Prediction:

Phils in 6.

d

Moves
28 Oct 09

Yanks in 7

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
28 Oct 09

Originally posted by SmookieP
Thank good ness things don't hinge on what "short circuit" thinks!
Just the "smart money" listens to what shortcircuit thinks Smookie!! Go back to whatever you were doing!! 😛

w

Moves
28 Oct 09

Originally posted by quackquack
If you want a sport to be viable in the future you would want it to be the number one sport in big markets. Baseball clearly is king in New York and Boston. It is certainly doing well in Philadelphia, LA and Chicago. New York just built two new stadiums. Its teams have its own network. Boston and the Cubs have classic stadiums. The best markets do ...[text shortened]... is what certain small market teams do -- take revenue sharing money and put it in their pockets.
So what you are saying is that the increased interest and subsequent revenue in New York, Boston, Philidelfpia, LA, and Chicago will create enough fan interest to offset a decrease in interest across the rest of the nation? Interesting.

Madison Square Garde

Moves
28 Oct 09

Yanks in 6

q

Moves
29 Oct 09

Originally posted by whodey
So what you are saying is that the increased interest and subsequent revenue in New York, Boston, Philidelfpia, LA, and Chicago will create enough fan interest to offset a decrease in interest across the rest of the nation? Interesting.
Your argument is ridiculous. 7 million seat were sold in New York in 2008. Then they built two new stadiums and the largest media market is buzzing with baseball excitement. They really care that some guy in Ohio (who does not even realize that Ohio State is a dominant top notch program) thinks that it is unfair that his mismanaged Reds are only slightly better than the Pirates. Baseball should hope that the New Yorks, the Chicagos, the LAs are great again in 2010 and teams like Boston and St. Louis where people traditionally love the sport do well. It seems to me like baseball is one sport that really has it right.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
29 Oct 09

Originally posted by YEAH BOY
Yanks in 6
Cliff Lee said "yeah, I know CC Sabbathia..we were teammates in Cleveland. He used to carry my bags for me.". Guess some things never change.

CC Sabbathia was Utley disgusted with his performance last night!!

Moves
29 Oct 09

Originally posted by shortcircuit
CC Sabbathia was Utley disgusted with his performance last night!!
terrible 😛

tonight's game is the one i've been looking forward to, lets hope the rain doesn't return and the umpire has a slightly larger strike zone. saying that... lee was awesome last night.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
29 Oct 09

Originally posted by trev33
terrible 😛

tonight's game is the one i've been looking forward to, lets hope the rain doesn't return and the umpire has a slightly larger strike zone. saying that... lee was awesome last night.
Admit it Trev, you laughed at the line!! 😉

d

Moves
29 Oct 09
1 edit

Originally posted by trev33
terrible 😛

I didn't see many questionable balls and strikes calls last night with the exception of Cano's checkswing that clearly did NOT go around. Anyone gonna pick the Phils to win tonight? There's nothing better than watching AJ Burnett try and throw strikes in a high-pressure start. 🙂 I put the over/under on hit batsmen at 2.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
29 Oct 09

Originally posted by darvlay
I didn't see many questionable balls and strikes calls last night with the exception of Cano's checkswing that clearly did NOT go around. Anyone gonna pick the Phils to win tonight? There's nothing better than watching AJ Burnett try and throw strikes in a high-pressure start. 🙂 I put the over/under on hit batsmen at 2.
I think the key to the game is Pedro. If he is on, I don't care what AJ does, Philly will win. Pedro has the guile to thwart the yankee hitters. I am not sure Burnett can stop the Philly bats either. I will guatantee you that the Yankees will be pressing tonight because they do not want to leave NY down 0-2.

d

Moves
29 Oct 09

Originally posted by shortcircuit
I think the key to the game is Pedro. If he is on, I don't care what AJ does, Philly will win. Pedro has the guile to thwart the yankee hitters. I am not sure Burnett can stop the Philly bats either. I will guatantee you that the Yankees will be pressing tonight because they do not want to leave NY down 0-2.
I must be the only one who thinks Pedro was lucky his last start. 🙂

Give me the Yankees and I'll be so bold to predict that Pay-dro doesn't get past the 6th tonight.

d

Moves
29 Oct 09

Isee now that Posada and Swisher are out of the line-up tonight. Not sure if that hurts or helps NYY chances but I guess it's worth mentioning.

Maddog1213

Central Office

Moves
29 Oct 09

Isee now that Posada and Swisher are out of the line-up tonight. Not sure if that hurts or helps NYY chances but I guess it's worth mentioning.
If Pedro wins, it's a sweep...otherwise, Philly in 5

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
29 Oct 09

I must be the only one who thinks Pedro was lucky his last start. 🙂

Give me the Yankees and I'll be so bold to predict that Pay-dro doesn't get past the 6th tonight.
Pedro doesn't need to go 7 or 8, the Philly bullpen is well rested.

P-