Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

  1. 01 Oct '08 13:22 / 2 edits
    Tampa Bay Rays over the Chicago White Sox in FOUR

    A hungry young Tampa team with good leadership could beat up a dismal road performing team like the aging White Sox. The Sox may have the edge in pitching but we still haven't seen the best of Kazmir and Shields.

    LA Angels over the Boston Red Sox in FIVE

    Best series of the first round for sure. Boston has some injuries to deal with but will still give the Angels a run for their money. Close series nonetheless.

    Chicago Cubs over the LA Dodgers in THREE

    I predict a sweep for the Cubbies over the overrated Dodgers and a jump start to the hysteria that will follow in Chi-town as a result. (Does anyone in town even care about the White Sox?). Look for Canadians Rich Harden and Ryan Dempster along with Carlos Zambrano to be lights out for the Cubbies.

    Milwaukee Brewers over Philadelphia Phillies in FOUR

    Upset special here. Even with Sheets hurting, I pick the young scrappy Brewer team to overcome the odds and send the well-rounded Phillies packing. Ryan Braun will be the MVP of the series.
  2. Standard member GalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    01 Oct '08 14:11
    Tampa Bay over White Sox in 4. They play too well at home, and can still win on the road in harsh conditions (beating the Red Sox twice and Fenway proved that).

    Red Sox over Angels in 5. All depends on if Josh Beckett can pitch, really. I'm rolling the dice.

    Cubs over Dodgers in 3. Dodgers suck, end of story.

    Brewers over Phillies in 5. If Gallardo can throw a magical game today, that could set Sabathia up to throw games 2 and 5, which would greatly help the Brewers' odds.
  3. Standard member uzless
    The So Fist
    01 Oct '08 14:29
    Originally posted by darvlay
    [b]Tampa Bay Rays over the Chicago White Sox in FOUR

    A hungry young Tampa team with good leadership could beat up a dismal road performing team like the aging White Sox. The Sox may have the edge in pitching but we still haven't seen the best of Kazmir and Shields.

    LA Angels over the Boston Red Sox in FIVE

    Best series of the first round ...[text shortened]... the odds and send the well-rounded Phillies packing. Ryan Braun will be the MVP of the series.[/b]
    gayboy
  4. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    01 Oct '08 23:36
    Rays, Sux, Cubs and Phillies.
  5. Subscriber shortcircuit
    The Energizer
    02 Oct '08 01:11
    Rays, Angels, Phillies, Dodgers
  6. Standard member PocketKings
    Banned from edits
    02 Oct '08 02:08 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by darvlay
    [b]Tampa Bay Rays over the Chicago White Sox in FOUR

    A hungry young Tampa team with good leadership could beat up a dismal road performing team like the aging White Sox. The Sox may have the edge in pitching but we still haven't seen the best of Kazmir and Shields.

    LA Angels over the Boston Red Sox in FIVE

    Best series of the first round ...[text shortened]... the odds and send the well-rounded Phillies packing. Ryan Braun will be the MVP of the series.[/b]
    Brewers over Phillies is laughable. I hope you bet your house and the brewers and lose everything.

    I've come to expect more intelligent sports predictions from you. That's just horrible Darv. Hang your head in shame.

    edit - and by the way, phillies, dodgers, rays, angels
  7. 02 Oct '08 13:18
    Let's everyone pick the Dodgers after they've won the game. Hindsight is wonderful.
  8. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    02 Oct '08 13:54 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Let's everyone pick the Dodgers after they've won the game. Hindsight is wonderful.
    How do you like the Sox now, Maple Syrup and Rice?

    P-
  9. Standard member uzless
    The So Fist
    02 Oct '08 14:46
    Originally posted by darvlay


    [b]LA Angels over the Boston Red Sox in FIVE


    [/b]
    2 of the top 3 highest payrolls in the American league made the playoffs? You don't say!
  10. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    02 Oct '08 15:16
    Originally posted by uzless
    2 of the top 3 highest payrolls in the American league made the playoffs? You don't say!
    STOP IMMEDIATELY!~

    Brewers and Rays also made it.

    Yankees did NOT.

    P-
  11. 02 Oct '08 15:46
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    How do you like the Sox now, Maple Syrup and Rice?

    P-
    I stand by my prediction.
  12. Subscriber shortcircuit
    The Energizer
    02 Oct '08 15:49
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Let's everyone pick the Dodgers after they've won the game. Hindsight is wonderful.
    Darv, I hope you are not pointing that finger in my direction. I did not know the outcome of any games because I was at work and I just clicked onto the site. But if you think my picked was tainted, I'll spot you a game in your projection of a sweep. If the Phils win in 4, then you get credit for a sweep (although that ain't gonna happen). Now about that other pick you messed up.....
  13. Subscriber shortcircuit
    The Energizer
    02 Oct '08 15:50
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    How do you like the Sox now, Maple Syrup and Rice?

    P-
    Are you referring to the White Sox....or the Red Sox?
  14. 02 Oct '08 15:52
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Darv, I hope you are not pointing that finger in my direction. I did not know the outcome of any games because I was at work and I just clicked onto the site. But if you think my picked was tainted, I'll spot you a game in your projection of a sweep. If the Phils win in 4, then you get credit for a sweep (although that ain't gonna happen). Now about that other pick you messed up.....
    A rikery story!
  15. 02 Oct '08 15:53
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Are you referring to the White Sox....or the Red Sox?
    He's from Row-die-lynn.