1. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    03 Oct '08 02:25
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Yeah, Gonzalez was going to be able to execute a squeeze bunt against Rivera!! You really are an idiot; maybe in the pee wee league you played in it was possible for the slowest guy on the team to drop perfectly executed bunts against 12 year old pitchers, but it's a bit different in Game 7 of the World Series against the best closer in baseball history. ...[text shortened]... agers/torrejo01.shtml

In 14 years before the Yankees, he went 894-1003.
    First of all, from earlier; BS isn't a word, it's called an acronym.

And the Yankess got taken to school this year. Don't play the strong and weak division game, you know better, and you know how the MLB works.

I would like to know your prediction in this scenario: Yankees vs. Dodgers in a 7 game series starting tomorrow.

Mine: Dodgers in 5
  2. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    03 Oct '08 02:26
    Originally posted by darvlay
    I stand by my prediction.
    How you like the Brewers now? 😛
  3. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    03 Oct '08 02:32
    Yeah, Gonzalez was going to be able to execute a squeeze bunt against Rivera!! You really are an idiot; maybe in the pee wee league you played in it was possible for the slowest guy on the team to drop perfectly executed bunts against 12 year old pitchers, but it's a bit different in Game 7 of the World Series against the best closer in baseball history. ...[text shortened]... agers/torrejo01.shtml

In 14 years before the Yankees, he went 894-1003.
    You are very predictable. When you are cornered and wrong, you begin the name calling. That is useless here because I guarantee you I have forgotten more baseball than you will ever know. Don't ever make the mistake of believing that your bully tactics are going to win anything with me. You always believe that your opinion is correct, but here's a newsflash for you WRONG!!!!!

I have news for you sport...there are all different types of managers in PROFESSIONAL baseball. There are strict disciplinarians and managers who "let 'em play". There are also many in between. There have been many of all genres fired too. The key to being a great manager is to the the right kind of manager for a particular team. When you have a team of kids (all PROFESSIONALS) like Tampa has, the manager has to be much more of a strict disciplinarian, and that is what they have. The Yankees have a predominantly veteran club and you will often ruffle feathers with a strict disciplinarian due to the egos involved. You are smart enough to figure this out, aren't you?

Regarding not getting in your face on your "bold" super bowl prediction....how much did you win on that? I bet $500.00 on the Giants in Vegas. I must have agreed with you. Perhaps that is why I didn't get in your face? Duh!!!

I love that you picked the Celtics in "upsets" against the Pistons and the Lakers. I don't recall the Celtics being underdogs in either series. Furthermore, I thought you extolled the Celtics as the best team all year long. I have never professed to know basketball as well as baseball, but I have a fan basis to argue from. I was supporting the Rockets efforts all year, as I will this year. We'll see how good the Celtics are this year. I think the Rockets will be better. We will see.

Torre will be in the HOF when his managing days are done. Mark it down. I have told you it will happen. You want to argue the contrary, let's get it on. This will be yet another time you stepped on your tongue.
  4. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    03 Oct '08 12:50
    Originally posted by PocketKings
    How you like the Brewers now? 😛
    Ugh.
  5. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    03 Oct '08 12:53
    [b]Tampa Bay Rays over the Chicago White Sox in FOUR

A hungry young Tampa team with good leadership could beat up a dismal road performing team like the aging White Sox. The Sox may have the edge in pitching but we still haven't seen the best of Kazmir and Shields.

LA Angels over the Boston Red Sox in FIVE

Best series of the first round ...[text shortened]... the odds and send the well-rounded Phillies packing. Ryan Braun will be the MVP of the series.[/b]
    Darv, maybe I misunderstood. Were you picking the winners or the losers? 😕
  6. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    03 Oct '08 12:581 edit
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Darv, maybe I misunderstood. Were you picking the [b]winners or the losers? 😕[/b]
    I should've watched more NL games this year. 😞
  7. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    03 Oct '08 13:011 edit
    In case anyone is curious, attendance at Tropicana field last night? 35,041.

Pitiful.
  8. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    03 Oct '08 13:17
    [b]Tampa Bay Rays over the Chicago White Sox in FOUR

A hungry young Tampa team with good leadership could beat up a dismal road performing team like the aging White Sox. The Sox may have the edge in pitching but we still haven't seen the best of Kazmir and Shields.

LA Angels over the Boston Red Sox in FIVE

Best series of the first round ...[text shortened]... the odds and send the well-rounded Phillies packing. Ryan Braun will be the MVP of the series.[/b]
    Your NL and Boston pics suk.

P-
  9. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    03 Oct '08 13:24
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Your NL and Boston pics suk.

P-
    Where are your picks, faggot?
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    03 Oct '08 14:03
    Originally posted by PocketKings
    First of all, from earlier; BS isn't a word, it's called an acronym.

And the Yankess got taken to school this year. Don't play the strong and weak division game, you know better, and you know how the MLB works.

I would like to know your prediction in this scenario: Yankees vs. Dodgers in a 7 game series starting tomorrow.

Mine: Dodgers in 5
    The AL killed the NL in intra-league AGAIN this year. Are you seriously arguing that the NL West is as good as the AL East???? Not even the most ignorant, biased Yankee hater could possibly believe that (well, maybe the MOST ignorant, biased Yankee hater could delude himself sufficiently to believe that).
  11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    03 Oct '08 14:151 edit
    You are very predictable. When you are cornered and wrong, you begin the name calling. That is useless here because I guarantee you I have forgotten more baseball than you will ever know. Don't ever make the mistake of believing that your bully tactics are going to win anything with me. You always believe that your opinion is correct, but here's a newsf ntrary, let's get it on. This will be yet another time you stepped on your tongue.
    Again you fail to address Torre's poor record as a manager before going to the Yankees. Why is it that his brilliance failed to shine through on big market teams like the Mets, Braves and Cardinals? The HOF is politics and Torre will undoubtedly get in. So what? I spent 13 years watching him manage and he ain't nothing special.

I don't recall you saying BEFORE the Super Bowl that the Giants were going to win, whereas I started a thread hours before the game calling it. Anyone can claim anything on the net; I don't believe you - you've shown a willingness to twist and ignore facts before.

No, you don't know anything about the NBA. The Celtics were dogs in both series. They did have the best record, but the "experts" and Vegas both turned on them when they failed to win on the road against the Hawks and Cavs. But I stuck to my guns. Overall, I went 13-3 in predicting the NBA playoff series.
  12. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    03 Oct '08 14:281 edit
    Again you fail to address Torre's poor record as a manager before going to the Yankees. Why is it that his brilliance failed to shine through on big market teams like the Mets, Braves and Cardinals? The HOF is politics and Torre will undoubtedly get in. So what? I spent 13 years watching him manage and he ain't nothing special.

I don't Cavs. But I stuck to my guns. Overall, I went 13-3 in predicting the NBA playoff series.
    Your beliefs don't ever change the truth. I really could care less what you choose to believe. By the way, shouldn't you state all of the times you predicted something and fell on you face? Your record is nothing to crow about. You have your moments, but you haven't been able to out pick me in the college football bowls two years in a row, and that is your claim to fame. You haven't bested me in anything in baseball. Frankly, the only person I know of that is impressed by your prognostication prowess is YOU.

With regard to your managers records....take a look at Larry Dierker's. I guess he is headed to the HOF in your books.

Check out Jim Leyland's and explain the aura. Look at Yogi Berra's record and explain why he is not more heralded. Chuck Tanner was revered but his record wasn't awesome.

Currently Bobby Cox and Tony LaRussa are two of the most revered. Take a look at the talent they have had to draw from. Why was Bruce Bochy a success in San Diego while Bud Black is not?
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    03 Oct '08 14:41
    Your beliefs don't ever change the truth. I really could care less what you choose to believe. By the way, shouldn't you state all of the times you predicted something and fell on you face? Your record is nothing to crow about. You have your moments, but you haven't been able to out pick me in the college football bowls two years in a row, and that is y ...[text shortened]... ave had to draw from. Why was Bruce Bochy a success in San Diego while Bud Black is not?
    LaRussa took over a Cardinal team in 1996 that Torre had led to sub .500 records in the two years before and immediately took them to the NLCS. LaRussa is also widely recognized as an innovator, particularly in how he managed his bullpen. I find it hard to believe that any serious baseball fan would consider Torre as anywhere near the manager LaRussa was and is. For my money, the best manager I ever saw was Whitey Herzog.

Your claim to fame on this board seems to be that you managed to pick one more bowl winner than I did last year. Live in your glorious moment. I like to take chances like when I predicted two years ago that the Tigers would blow a 10 game lead they had in early August. Sure I can look foolish like when I took Hawaii over Georgia, but no guts (like you) no glory.
  14. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    03 Oct '08 14:482 edits
    LaRussa took over a Cardinal team in 1996 that Torre had led to sub .500 records in the two years before and immediately took them to the NLCS. LaRussa is also widely recognized as an innovator, particularly in how he managed his bullpen. I find it hard to believe that any serious baseball fan would consider Torre as anywhere near the manager LaRussa was ...[text shortened]... . Sure I can look foolish like when I took Hawaii over Georgia, but no guts (like you) no glory.
    Oh, so because I elect not to be foolish, I have no guts? Taking chances doesn't make you intelligent there....luck does. Your memory fades. Want to go back and see how many times I told you that you were full of crap about the Yankees making the playoffs. I'll give you time to pull up all the times, but you wouldn't admit you were WRONG and a homer even when it was over. You didn't acknowledge squat.

Have seen wonderboy play for the Redskins this entire season? How in the world can they keep a HOF QB on the practice squad? Jason Campbell must be the real deal. LOL

Yes you are a piece of....ahem....work!

edit: Oh, and by the way, while the White Rat was a pretty fair manager, I would still take Bobby Cox or Tony La Russa/Dave Duncan over him. I also think Earl Weaver was a great Manager. Walt Alston was an excellent manager.
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    03 Oct '08 15:02
    Oh, so because I elect not to be foolish, I have no guts? Taking chances doesn't make you intelligent there....luck does. Your memory fades. Want to go back and see how many times I told you that you were full of crap about the Yankees making the playoffs. I'll give you time to pull up all the times, but you wouldn't admit you were WRONG and a homer eve ...[text shortened]... ver him. I also think Earl Weaver was a great Manager. Walt Alston was an excellent manager.
    You must have Alzheimer's. I acknowledged that the Yankees weren't going to make it weeks ago. And I said Colt Brennan was going to hold a clipboard this year.

Your idiotic bias towards me makes you claim a lot of things that are out and out lies. You look foolish by doing so but that's your call.

I was going to mention Earl.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree