1. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    08 Oct '11 10:04
    Originally posted by Trev33
    I hope the cards don't reach the WS for the sole reason that i saw them at 40/1 to do so about a month ago, thought about placing a bet and didn't.
    Aw crap.
  2. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    08 Oct '11 10:36
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Moron....go back and READ the post, or do I need to shove in your face and read it to you?

I never said I "picked" the Tigers to win. I "picked" the Yankees to win.
    I gave a long list of reasons why I thought they would win.

I said I "hoped" Detroit would win.
    Why would I say that? Because I hate the Yankees, and because I like to see new blood ...[text shortened]... will catch on. Too bad it won't be before you pop off again with
    some ridiculous barb.
    that's rich! You the one talking about barbs. You picked the Yankees, you cowardly SOB. You gave like eleven reasons the Yankees would win. Sounds like picking the Yankees to me. Whether you thought deep down that the Tigers would win gets lost in the fact you gave endless reasons for the Tigers to lose. BTW, I applied the shortcircuit technique and applied it to the Phillies-Cards game. Guess what? You were wrong again! What with home field, "electric" atmosphere and all that. BTW, as an entomologist I can identify maggots like you rather easily. You will never admit being wrong, you lowly, cowardly maggot.
  3. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    08 Oct '11 10:40
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Moron....go back and READ the post, or do I need to shove in your face and read it to you?

I never said I "picked" the Tigers to win. I "picked" the Yankees to win.
    I gave a long list of reasons why I thought they would win.

I said I "hoped" Detroit would win.
    Why would I say that? Because I hate the Yankees, and because I like to see new blood ...[text shortened]... will catch on. Too bad it won't be before you pop off again with
    some ridiculous barb.
    That's rich! You the one talking about barbs. You picked the Yankees, you cowardly low life. You gave like eleven reasons the Yankees would win. Sounds like picking the Yankees to me. Whether you thought deep down that the Tigers would win gets lost in the fact you gave endless reasons for the Tigers to lose. BTW, I applied the shortcircuit technique and applied it to the Phillies-Cards game. Guess what? You were wrong again! What with home field, "electric" atmosphere and all that. BTW, as an entomologist I can identify maggots like you rather easily. You will never admit being wrong, you lowly, cowardly maggot. Go ahead and read me whatever you want assuming you're literate.
  4. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    08 Oct '11 15:27
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    That's rich! You the one talking about barbs. You picked the Yankees, you cowardly low life. You gave like eleven reasons the Yankees would win. Sounds like picking the Yankees to me. Whether you thought deep down that the Tigers would win gets lost in the fact you gave endless reasons for the Tigers to lose. BTW, I applied the shortcircuit technique an ...[text shortened]... you lowly, cowardly maggot. Go ahead and read me whatever you want assuming you're literate.
    The last intelligent thought you had got flushed.
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    08 Oct '11 16:34
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Impressive; I managed to get all three Game 5 predictions wrong.

If the Brewers win the World Series, they'll muck up whodey and Wingo's "only Top 15 salary teams win it" theory. They are 17th in payroll according to ESPN. In fact, only the high spending Tigers are even in the Top Ten in salary of the teams left. And none would be considered a "big market" team except possibly the Rangers.
    Brewers vs cards went 9-9 in the season, so this should be a good series.
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    08 Oct '11 18:01
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Brewers vs cards went 9-9 in the season, so this should be a good series.
    I should give up on predicting, but the Brewers had the best home record in baseball this year. It's going to be tough for the Cards there.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    08 Oct '11 19:03
    Bad news for Rwingo; Delmon Young who hit .316 in the ALDS with 3 HRs is off the roster for the ALCS with an oblique injury.
  8. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    08 Oct '11 20:47
    Bad news for Rwingo; Delmon Young who hit .316 in the ALDS with 3 HRs is off the roster for the ALCS with an oblique injury.
    Yeah, I heard that. That's a bitter blow. Somebody else will have to step up.
  9. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    09 Oct '11 00:191 edit
    Ugh...how many games can we load the bases in the first inning and not score?
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    09 Oct '11 13:31
    Does anybody in the Ranger bullpen NOT throw 97 MPH?
  11. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    09 Oct '11 15:34
    Does anybody in the Ranger bullpen NOT throw 97 MPH?
    Nolan Ryan models his team after himself.
    Note that one of the first things Ryan instituted was stretching the starters out again.
    He didn't like going to the pen in the 6th inning.
    Old school is winning out it appears. I think it is refreshing.
  12. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    10 Oct '11 11:18
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Yeah, I heard that. That's a bitter blow. Somebody else will have to step up.
    Now Magglio Ordonez is gone. OF's dropping like flies.
  13. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    11 Oct '11 01:01
    The Rangers are Cruuuuuuuzing into Detroit with a 2-0 lead.
    When does Verlander pitch again? They need another rain day.
  14. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    16 Oct '11 03:14
    To bad the Tigers lost.

I hope That the Rangers will bet the Cards. But if the Brewers make it I hope they bet the Rangers.
  15. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    16 Oct '11 12:34
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    To bad the Tigers lost.

I hope That the Rangers will bet the Cards. But if the Brewers make it I hope they bet the Rangers.
    But, if they bet the Cards, they could be banned by the Commissioner.
    Betting is not legal in baseball....just ask Pete Rose.

The Rangers may beat the Cards.....provided the Cards get to the WS.
    They still must beat the Brewers to get there.

Isn't it ironic that the team owned by Busch Beer would be battling against the Brewers from Milwaukee?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree