Warriors vs. Mavericks -> Warriors in 6

Lakers vs. Suns -> Suns in 5

Nuggets vs. Spurs -> Spurs in 7

Jazz vs. Rockets -> Rockets in 7

Roun ...[text shortened]... rs in 7

Rockets vs. Spurs -> Spurs in 7

NBA Finals
    Cavaliers vs. Spurs -> Cavaliers in 6
    man i love your pick of the Cavs in the finals great!!!!
  2. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    27 Apr '07 00:07
    Originally posted by GalaxyShield
    Steve Nash isn't Canadian. I think he's South African.

Edit: Sorry, never realized he moved to Canada so young. Or that he ever moved there πŸ˜›. The only place they mention him being from is South Africa for some reason. Probably cause there isn't a whole lot of Suns coverage outside or around the playoffs.
    Steve Nash South African? I gotta look that up. I know he is Canadian but perhaps he wasn't born here.

Well either way, I was born in East Africa so that makes us brothers from a different mother right?

Hahah JJ, serious though I was bornin East Africa ->Kenya.
  3. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    27 Apr '07 00:13
    Originally posted by Ravello
    Unfortunately I can't see all games but I find some streaming link here and there, mostly I follow games with live scoreboards of CBS and Espn when I can't see the games.

My NBA interest bloomed as a friend of mine showed me the way by betting on it with Betfair πŸ˜‰ I started following it at the beginning of this season and found that basketball is a reall ...[text shortened]... t season against every prediction 2) they have Andrea "Mago" Bargnani πŸ™‚

'Later
    Ah a betting man. Should have known.

I'm not into betting and gambling but Dallas and Phx are a great pick for that, though you won't make to much out of picking the favorites.

Well next time you are watching the Raports, please join me and screaming at TOR to give the ball to Parker! I love Toronto and I know Bosh is great but they simply have to use Parker more. Euro league Mvp wow!

They had an interview with Parker which I missed most of but they were talking about him being a big part and he said something like I'll keep playing my best but I don't want to step out of my zone = Quiet player basically.

I'll check the web and see if I can find the full interview.

Coming from Africa, it makes me sad you called it Soccer and not Football πŸ˜›

Hehe.

College football has to be one of the worst in timeouts and ads. 45 seconds left and they somehow dragged it out over 50 minutes!!
    It was a huge upset.
  4. Standard memberRavello
    The RudeΒ©
    who knows?
    Moves
    27 Apr '07 01:49
    Originally posted by RahimK
    Ah a betting man. Should have known.

I'm not into betting and gambling but Dallas and Phx are a great pick for that, though you won't make to much out of picking the favorites.
    I bet mainly on under/over a given amount of points (e.g.:tonight the U/O mark for Orlando's game is 183,5) or I exchange a lot.

By exchanging I mean buying high odds for selling them live during the game, e.g.: before the start I buy for 30€ Toronto at a 2.60 odd (only an hipothesis) , suppose that Toronto in the first quarter gets a lead of 25-19 : the opponent's odds change and become higher, let's say 2.70 so all I have to do is to put 20€ on the other team.(if I still think Toronto will win).

The result is that if Toronto wins I'll gain 28€ (30X2,60-50).......if Toronto loses I'll win only 4€ (20X2,70-50) but at least Idid not lose a single cent.

By the way at the moment Detroit has +10 advantage on Orlando, the same for Utah vs Houston.
  5. Standard memberRavello
    The RudeΒ©
    who knows?
    Moves
    27 Apr '07 03:091 edit
    Pistons won and get ready for the 3-0 at home, Utah is bombing Rockets and Phoenix got a first lead of +12.

P.S.. Kobe Bryant is wasted on a team like Lakers, Leandro Barbosa so far is the best off-the-bench man of the whole NBA.
  6. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    27 Apr '07 04:03
    Pistons won and get ready for the 3-0 at home, Utah is bombing Rockets and Phoenix got a first lead of +12.

P.S.. Kobe Bryant is wasted on a team like Lakers, Leandro Barbosa so far is the best off-the-bench man of the whole NBA.
    I read your gambling bit. Sounds interesting.

Utah won. I was pretty shocked, I know they are a decent team but never really seen them play till the playoffs. 2-1 Rockets. I thought the Rockets would sweep them but with only 4 players I think scoring for Rockets how are they suppose to win.

Wonder how Dallas is doing after the upset? www.nba.com I go.

RK
  7. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    27 Apr '07 06:55
    It looks like the Lakers are for real. Big game on Sunday
  8. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    27 Apr '07 19:00

Edit: Sorry, never realized he moved to Canada so young. Or that he ever moved there πŸ˜›. The only place they mention him being from is South Africa for some reason. Probably cause there isn't a whole lot of Suns coverage outside or around the playoffs.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Nash

Ya you are right! Wow, I'm like him too but i moved when I was 8.
  9. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    27 Apr '07 20:101 edit

Are you serious? They never mention that he is a Canadian citizen? That's the damn Americans for you. When Donovan Bailey won the gold medal in '96, Bob Costas proclaimed that yet another Jamaican had taken the gold in the 100 metres. 😠

PS - GO RAPS!
  10. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    27 Apr '07 20:38
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Are you serious? They never mention that he is a Canadian citizen? That's the damn Americans for you. When Donovan Bailey won the gold medal in '96, Bob Costas proclaimed that yet another Jamaican had taken the gold in the 100 metres. 😠

PS - GO RAPS!
    Steve Nash - Nickname KID CANADA

Big hint πŸ™‚

Born in South Africa and moved to Canada around 2 years old or younger.

There was a funny comment about Steve Nash being from Canada and winning the MVP by some american player during an interview. Which interview you ask?

Cabbie of course! I'm Cabbie, I'm with my man B, I'm with my man D, and I'm gone.

Go Raps!
  11. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    27 Apr '07 20:50
    I'm a big fan of Anthony Parker and they should give him the ball more often. Bosh and him can carry the Raptors.

Parker:

2 time Euroleague MVP and first-team All-Euroleague for a second consecutive season

Was named Euroleague Final Four MVP

etc...

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/anthony_parker/bio.html

Amazing.

And how many points does he score per game?

12.4 per game over 73 games πŸ™

He should be having monster games. I'm talking 25+ points and double doubles!!!
  12. Standard memberRavello
    The RudeΒ©
    who knows?
    Moves
    27 Apr '07 23:44
    Raptors tonight had a really really bad start with a 0-9 nightmare beginning , now at half of the 2nd quarter NJ leads with +10.........
  13. Standard memberRavello
    The RudeΒ©
    who knows?
    Moves
    28 Apr '07 01:27
    NJ-Toronto 102-89 πŸ™
  14. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    28 Apr '07 04:26
    NJ-Toronto 102-89 πŸ™
    πŸ™ Need to be more aggressive like in the 3rd quarter.

I wanted MO Pet. to guard Vince and Parker to gaurd Kidd.

Vince played good πŸ™ but I think the real star of that team is Kidd.

What about Chicago over Miami again. 3-0. I've seen both teams play but I never saw that coming though.

Even Goldenstate is playing well against Dallas, 2nd quarter and Dallas is way down.
  15. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    28 Apr '07 16:11
    Originally posted by RahimK
    What are your picks?

These are mine for the first round:

NJN vs TOR -> TOR

MIA vs CHI -> MIA

ORL vs DET -> DET

UTA vs HOU -> HOU

WAS vs CLE -> CLE

LAL vs PHX -> PHX

DEN vs SAS -> SAS

GSW vs DAL -> DAL
    UTAH JAZZ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree