Newcastle

Standard memberJay Joos
Sports 09 May '07 13:04
  1. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    09 May '07 13:041 edit
    Who will be the next Newcastle manager..... i have heard Gerard Houllier and Sven Goran are in the frame!!!

If Sven gets it it will be the end of Newcastle as we know it :'(
  2. Standard memberFleabitten
    Love thy bobblehead
    Moves
    09 May '07 13:17
    Big Sam's name has been bandied about quite a bit, too (much to the relief of Stuart Pearce, I'm sure). It's hard to argue with the record he's put together at Bolton.
  3. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    09 May '07 13:281 edit
    It's Newcastle, remember. The purpose of hiring a manger is to give everyone a giggle, not take the premiership seriously. Welcome Glenn Hoddle.

Sven was a great club manager wasn't he?
  4. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    09 May '07 13:47
    Originally posted by ElleEffSeee
    It's Newcastle, remember. The purpose of hiring a manger is to give everyone a giggle, not take the premiership seriously. Welcome Glenn Hoddle.

Sven was a great club manager wasn't he?
    Bring back Keegan....."I'd love it"!!!!! LOL!!!!!! 😵
  5. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    09 May '07 21:21
    The Newcastle board are absolutely barmy.... don't be surprised when Chris Waddle is appointed!
  6. Standard memberAmaurote
    No Name Maddox
    County Doledrum
    Moves
    10 May '07 17:21
    It's clearly Big Sam, judging from the conciliatory noises Bolton are making and the sniffy comments FFS is making about Sven. Looks like Michael Owen is away, though - can't help but wonder who would want him with that kind of price tag.
  7. Joined
    01 Jan '07
    Moves
    10 May '07 23:15
    Originally posted by Jay Joos
    Who will be the next Newcastle manager..... i have heard Gerard Houllier and Sven Goran are in the frame!!!

If Sven gets it it will be the end of Newcastle as we know it :'(
    Lets hope Sven gets the job then.
    😏😏
  8. Standard memberAmaurote
    No Name Maddox
    County Doledrum
    Moves
    12 May '07 19:411 edit
    Big Sam set to gain £12 million deal over four years:

"One of the things that has impressed Shepherd about the way Allardyce has worked at the Reebok Stadium is the lack of injuries Bolton have had in recent seasons.

Indeed, while United players have lost over 400 hours of playing time this season because of injuries, Bolton only lost 70.

And this was because Allardyce and his backroom staff came up with a formula to prevent injuries before they happen."

(Source: Evening Chronicle)

In other words, what actuated the bid wasn't merely Bolton's over-achievement, but the ability of the incoming manager to activate the talent that habitually sits wasted on the bench. I can't help wondering if Allardyce's formula is based as much on player psychology as it is on training regimes - if so we could definitely use it: we had a seven million pound defender (Marcelino) on the bench with a broken finger for about three years...
  9. Standard memberAmaurote
    No Name Maddox
    County Doledrum
    Moves
    13 May '07 11:00
    YouTube&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ethe%2Dflipside%2Eco%2Euk%2Fforum%2Findex%2Ephp%3Fshowtopic%3D490%26pid%3D12152%26st%3D520%26

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree