1. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    04 Feb '13 04:26
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    I told you Jim Harbaugh would rue the day he picked Kaepernick! Even with the benefit of horrible ref calls such as the late hit out bounds non-call that should have given Ravens first and goal on their last scoring drive. Justice was done in the end and Ravens won fair and square. That play in endzone was a good non call on mutual contact and uncatcheable ball.
    Yes, because Alex Smith would have come back from down 17 against the Falcons and down 22 against the Ravens.

You're about the only person on the planet who doesn't think Kaepernick is a better quarterback than Smith. But then, you also had NO IDEA last year was Harbaugh's first year as a coach.
  2. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    04 Feb '13 05:11
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    Yes, because Alex Smith would have come back from down 17 against the Falcons and down 22 against the Ravens.

You're about the only person on the planet who doesn't think Kaepernick is a better quarterback than Smith. But then, you also had NO IDEA last year was Harbaugh's first year as a coach.
    I'm just glad I was wrong. Really glad.
  3. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    04 Feb '13 05:19
    So when the defender has a fist full of jersey and shoulder pad you can't try to push him away from you?

And if they DID call both, guess what. Off setting penalties and replay the down.
    He does have a fistfull of jersey but his other hand barely made contact and the ball was hardly catchable... And crabtree was pushing off. It was a good non call.
  4. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    04 Feb '13 06:00
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Not at the end. I hope they all die at 54 of what the average football player lives.

Sorry only night i get to drink each year that my wife lets me. 4 bears, 1 wine and Saki.
    Very enthusiastic thumbs up. So happy about this post.
  5. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    04 Feb '13 06:06
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    He does have a fistfull of jersey but his other hand barely made contact and the ball was hardly catchable... And crabtree was pushing off. It was a good non call.
    Raise my hand.
  6. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    04 Feb '13 06:06
    Drunk
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 Feb '13 08:13
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby

$1.00
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    "San Francisco for the win."

Please drop the buck in the next collection plate that's passed

or put it toward a pencil sharpener for Super Bowl #48. (lol)
  8. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    04 Feb '13 08:19
    Is having a fist full of jersey legal, yes or no?

Crabree was trying to push him away to get him to let go of his grip. That doesn't suddenly make grabbing the jersey LEGAL. IF you want to call that too then it's off setting penalties and the play is reset.

The ball would have been catchable had Crabree not been held. But that doesn't matter anyway, because Crabree was being held before the ball even got there. It should have at least been holding.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Feb '13 10:20
    I could not stay awake the whole time, its was about 3am in the fourth quarter, Ravens were awesome until the outage which i think was staged.
  10. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    04 Feb '13 14:352 edits
    Is having a fist full of jersey legal, yes or no?

Crabree was trying to push him away to get him to let go of his grip. That doesn't suddenly make grabbing the jersey LEGAL. IF you want to call that too then it's off setting penalties and the play is reset.

The ball would have been catchable had Crabree not been held. But that doesn't matte ...[text shortened]... Crabree was being held before the ball even got there. It should have at least been holding.
    Remember you're watching it in slow mo.

1. Mutual contact

2. The contact is initiated within five yards and they're just a split second away or a couple steps into the endzone when the defender falls over and the ball was snapped on the five so he does have his jersey past the five yard mark barely but crabtree is pushing off... You keep saying that he can push to get him off but the defender cant hold on if he's getting pushed?

3. Crabtree's next step, as the ball sails over his reach has his foot out of bounds so the ball is way uncatchable.

4. A play where there was mutual contact, if you call both penalties and the play resets you are still penalizing the defense on a ball that was way over the hands of crabtree even when he was already stepping out of bounds... Good no call.

5. You know it was uncatchable because there was another defender who had free range and would have intercepted a catchable pass if Crabtree missed it but the ball landed far out of bounds and was zipped really fast and high... There was no way he was gonna catch that in bounds.
  11. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    04 Feb '13 22:08

So you were convinced Harbaugh's decision was the right one and you were absolutely and completely wrong yet you set yourself up as the all knowing connoisseur of football. You don't seem to hold yourself to the lofty standards you hold me. In the end I was right and you were wrong. However, you will never admit it. Also, I never said Smith was better. I simply said there'd be karma from the way Smith was removed from his position as a starter. Harbaugh is a tantrum-prone wannabe. His brother is head and shoulders a better coach than 49ers excuse of a coach and sore loser. He was outplayed, out coached, out maneuvered and had it not been for the power outage might have suffered the biggest blowout in SB history.
  12. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    04 Feb '13 22:13
    Remember you're watching it in slow mo.

1. Mutual contact

2. The contact is initiated within five yards and they're just a split second away or a couple steps into the endzone when the defender falls over and the ball was snapped on the five so he does have his jersey past the five yard mark barely but crabtree is pushing off... You keep saying that ...[text shortened]... s and was zipped really fast and high... There was no way he was gonna catch that in bounds.
    Absolutely spot on analysis. I only add that if that was a good no call, the no call where Flacco was hit way out of bounds was a horrible no call. The running into the kicker was a soccer style dive from Akers. In spite of all this in the end the refs evened out the calls and called a fairly balanced game. There was no way that was pass interference or even defensive holding in the endzone.
  13. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    04 Feb '13 23:481 edit
    So you were convinced Harbaugh's decision was the right one and you were absolutely and completely wrong yet you set yourself up as the all knowing connoisseur of football. You don't seem to hold yourself to the lofty standards you hold me. In the end I was right and you were wrong. However, you will never admit it. Also, I never said Smith was better. d had it not been for the power outage might have suffered the biggest blowout in SB history.
    Right. Out of 32 teams Harbaugh was one of only two to make it to the Super Bowl, and this being only his second year as an NFL coach. A fact you didn't even know until I told you lol

The 49ers defense isn't nearly what it was last year and David Akers went from HOF performance last year to choke artist mid season. There is no way Alex Smith would have taken this team to the Super Bowl.

Kaepernick turned out to be a better quarterback and took the team further than Smith would have. That's your definition of turning out to be the wrong decision?

You're an idiot.
  14. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    04 Feb '13 23:49
    Absolutely spot on analysis. I only add that if that was a good no call, the no call where Flacco was hit way out of bounds was a horrible no call. The running into the kicker was a soccer style dive from Akers. In spite of all this in the end the refs evened out the calls and called a fairly balanced game. There was no way that was pass interference or even defensive holding in the endzone.
    scacchipazzo is agreeing with you, Tom.

I rest my case.
  15. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    05 Feb '13 00:271 edit
    scacchipazzo is agreeing with you, Tom.

I rest my case.
    I admit, it made me doubt myself for a second but even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree