1. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39593
    31 Dec '12 12:35
    Let's get it rolling:

    NFC:

    Packers over Vikings - Vikes squeezed out a close win at home against the Pack to make the playoffs, but have to travel and face the Cheeseheads next week. I think the Packers win by a fair margin.

    Redskins over Seahawks - I have a feeling that the RG III train won't stop without at least one playoff win. Seattle isn't very good on the road and the Skins are streaking. They win a close one.

    AFC:

    Bengals over the Texans - Before the year and for most of it, I thought Houston was the best team in the NFL. But they melted down to mediocrity in the last month blowing a top seed in the process. Cincinnati has been playing well and I think they get it done on the road.

    Ravens over the Colts - Indy's a great story but Baltimore remains a tough, seasoned veteran team with tons of playoff experience. Ray Lewis will be back and I think their defense will play much better in the post-season. They have playmakers on both sides of the ball and I think they will be too much for Indy.
  2. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    1810
    31 Dec '12 13:34
    Packers
    Seahawks
    Texans
    Ravens

    You gotta think the Texans will pull out of their nosedive with a win in the playoffs Also, the Skins-Hawks game will be close but I think Seattle has the better all-around game and gains the win.
  3. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    2996
    31 Dec '12 14:14
    Packers, but only because it is so dang hard to beat a team twice in a row, although if Adrian Peterson comes out gangbusters there's no telling what might happen.

    Seattle has the better all around team and has started clicking on the road. RGIII looks hobbled and I doubt Alfred Morris can pull off yardage the way he did against a porous Cowboys defense. Seahawks D will prevail.

    Indy over an overrated Ravens team. Andrew Luck is way better at QB than Flacco ever dreamed. Indy's D is better than at start of season.

    Texans will right the sinking ship at least in this first round. Cincy is peaking, but they are the Bungles for good reason. I see them coughing up this one in usual Bungle fashion.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    31 Dec '12 14:552 edits
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Let's get it rolling:

    NFC:

    Packers over Vikings - Vikes squeezed out a close win at home against the Pack to make the playoffs, but have to travel and face the Cheeseheads next week. I think the Packers win by a fair margin.

    Redskins over Seahawks - I have a feeling that the RG III train won't stop without at least one playoff win. Seattle isn't . They have playmakers on both sides of the ball and I think they will be too much for Indy.
    Packers
    Seahawks
    Ravens

    And the last one is somewhat emotional for me. As a former Bungs fan, I can say that I see no future with their current owner Mike Brown. In fact, Mike Brown owns the longest record for not winning a playoff game in the NFL. In fact, since 1990, when he took over the team, he has not won a single playoff game. As a result, it gives me a great deal of satisfaction declaring to people just what an incompotent owner he is just by this fact alone, and why I could never involve myself rooting for any team he owns.

    As a result, I predict the Bungs to win just this one time just so he can spite me. 😛
  5. Joined
    03 Dec '12
    Moves
    316
    31 Dec '12 20:55
    Pack
    Hawks
    Balt
    Tex
  6. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    16334
    31 Dec '12 22:04
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Let's get it rolling:

    NFC:

    Packers over Vikings - Vikes squeezed out a close win at home against the Pack to make the playoffs, but have to travel and face the Cheeseheads next week. I think the Packers win by a fair margin.

    Redskins over Seahawks - I have a feeling that the RG III train won't stop without at least one playoff win. Seattle isn't ...[text shortened]... . They have playmakers on both sides of the ball and I think they will be too much for Indy.
    I like these picks. Every time you pick against the hawks they win.
  7. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Joined
    21 May '03
    Moves
    223260
    01 Jan '13 05:26
    Vikings
    Seahawks
    Colts
    Texans

    I am so glad the cowgirls are out of the playoffs.
  8. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Fort Lauderdale
    Joined
    17 Aug '06
    Moves
    119668
    01 Jan '13 14:08
    Pack
    Foreskins
    Texans
    Colts
  9. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    13341
    01 Jan '13 15:28
    Packers
    Redskins
    Texans
    Ravens
  10. Houston, Texas
    Joined
    28 Sep '10
    Moves
    14347
    01 Jan '13 21:28
    Packers
    Seahawks (the only road team I pick)
    Texans
    Ravens
  11. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    16334
    01 Jan '13 23:55
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    Packers
    Redskins
    Texans
    Ravens
    You've got the redskins picked because you don't want the Hawks and Niners to meet in the playoffs. 😛

    Vikings
    Seahawks
    Bengals
    Ravens ( I want to pick the Colts to win but I don't think they can pull it off against a ravens team that has a good defense with an offense that is explosive when flacco plays well, and he should against the Colts secondary.)
  12. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    107053
    02 Jan '13 15:181 edit
    Packers
    Seahawks
    Texans
    Ravens

    I think the Texans and Packers will both win comfortably. The Seahawks vs. Skins and Ravens vs. Colts should be very interesting games.

    Edit: and I hope I'm wrong in all 4 predictions because I'm actually rooting for the other teams to win. Especially the Colts.
  13. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    13341
    04 Jan '13 15:15
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    You've got the redskins picked because you don't want the Hawks and Niners to meet in the playoffs. 😛

    Vikings
    Seahawks
    Bengals
    Ravens ( I want to pick the Colts to win but I don't think they can pull it off against a ravens team that has a good defense with an offense that is explosive when flacco plays well, and he should against the Colts secondary.)
    Actually they're the ones I would prefer. Not that I don't respect the team, but the 49ers will be well rested and hungry to make a point. The team was well worn and beat up after the Patriots game.
  14. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    16334
    04 Jan '13 20:201 edit
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    Actually they're the ones I would prefer. Not that I don't respect the team, but the 49ers will be well rested and hungry to make a point. The team was well worn and beat up after the Patriots game.
    You still won't have a 100% Justin Smith, he might compound his injury by playing and if he plays cautious enough not to then he likely won't be a factor except as an emotional charge. We'll see, I don't expect the same outcome as the last game but if I were you i'd prefer the Redskins.
  15. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    13341
    04 Jan '13 22:37
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    You still won't have a 100% Justin Smith, he might compound his injury by playing and if he plays cautious enough not to then he likely won't be a factor except as an emotional charge. We'll see, I don't expect the same outcome as the last game but if I were you i'd prefer the Redskins.
    The same is true about Justin Smith against whoever we play. Just to be clear, I'm not over confident against any playoff team at this point. I just think a Seahawks rematch in San Francisco gives us our best chance. Still, I would be very, very nervous about that game.
Back to Top