1. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    04 Jan '09 05:04
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    Oh no that loss was absolutely phenomenal.
    agreed. go eagles
  2. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    04 Jan '09 05:15
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I'll just pick the first round:

Atlanta at Arizona - Arizona is the worst team in the playoffs IMO. The Falcons are inexperienced but with their running attack against Arizona's porous defense they should control the game and win.

Indy at San Diego - The two hottest teams in the NFL should produce another classic. The Ch ...[text shortened]... y, I think Minnesota will win it at home (apparently in front of a less than sellout crowd).
    I think young Tarvaris Jackson will see some blitzes and schemes that will put him in a rubber room for several days or weeks. The Eagles will take away Adrian Peterson and make Mr. Jackson read a defense only slightly less complex than your average doctoral dissertation. They are not quite ready for prime time, and the Eagles will expose their flaws.
  3. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    04 Jan '09 15:53
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    I think young Tarvaris Jackson will see some blitzes and schemes that will put him in a rubber room for several days or weeks. The Eagles will take away Adrian Peterson and make Mr. Jackson read a defense only slightly less complex than your average doctoral dissertation. They are not quite ready for prime time, and the Eagles will expose their flaws.
    agreed again. go eagles
  4. Joined
    19 Sep '06
    Moves
    07 Jan '09 00:34
    Wow, both my Super Bowl picks lost on Saturday. Sad.

This Weeks Picks: Ravens, Eagles, Chargers, Panthers

Next Weeks Picks: Chargers, Panthers

Super Bowl Pick: Panthers
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    07 Jan '09 01:09
    Ravens at Titans

I've been saying all along that the Titans are overrated and that their offense isn't good enough to go all the way. The Ravens are smoking on defense right now. If you've ever seen Kerry Collins under pressure in the post season, you know that turnovers are on the way.

Ravens

Cardinals at Panthers

The Cardinals surprised me by stuffing Michael Turner last week. I don't think they'll be able to handle the Williams-Stewart combo on the road, however. The Panthers just have too many weapons and I think they'll win rather easily.

Panthers

Eagles at Giants

The Eagles are a flavor of the month pick based mostly on their beating the Giants at the Meadowlands last month. That game meant everything to Philly and virtually nothing to the G-Men plus Brandon Jacobs was ailing. In their first meeting, Jacobs put 126 yards on the Eagles and the Giants scored 36.

It will be a tough NFC East battle that will probably go down to the wire. The Giants have been making the big plays when they need them since last January. I think they will again.

Giants

Chargers at Steelers

The Chargers are definitely hot but their offense struggled a bit last week and now they run into the best defense in the league. Plus the balmy Pittsburgh January weather. If Big Ben avoids a bunch of turnovers, I think the Steelers gut it out.

Steelers
  6. SubscriberSmookiePonline
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    07 Jan '09 04:05
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Ravens at Titans

I've been saying all along that the Titans are overrated and that their offense isn't good enough to go all the way. The Ravens are smoking on defense right now. If you've ever seen Kerry Collins under pressure in the post season, you know that turnovers are on the way.

Ravens

Cardinals at Panthers
    ...[text shortened]... ther. If Big Ben avoids a bunch of turnovers, I think the Steelers gut it out.

Steelers
    My God, look at the way the Jets beat the Titans.. and they were in a downward spiral at the time.
  7. Standard memberzakkwylder
    Mouth for war
    Burlington, KY
    Moves
    08 Jan '09 06:01
    I take it Big Ben is playing through the concussion then? Either way, here's hoping my Charger do something this year. I'm not holding my breath, but it would be rather ironic if they win the Superbowl with a reg. season score of 8-8 as opposed to previous years when they were 14-2.
  8. Joined
    13 Aug '08
    Moves
    08 Jan '09 07:08
    Originally posted by PocketKings
    agreed. go eagles
    agreed go eagles
  9. Joined
    13 Aug '08
    Moves
    08 Jan '09 07:08
    Originally posted by PocketKings
    agreed again. go eagles
    agreed again aswell ..go eagles
  10. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    08 Jan '09 08:15
    Chargers FTW!
  11. Standard memberzakkwylder
    Mouth for war
    Burlington, KY
    Moves
    08 Jan '09 10:04
    Originally posted by MoneyManMike
    Chargers FTW!
    I can see you and I will get along just fine.
  12. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    08 Jan '09 13:02
    Originally posted by jacko11
    agreed go eagles
    I agree. After this weekend, they will be gone!!
  13. Standard memberzakkwylder
    Mouth for war
    Burlington, KY
    Moves
    11 Jan '09 04:38
    Well, the ravens moved past the Titans and Arizona gang raped Carolina. The playoff picture is getting more and more exciting as we speak. I can only hope that the Chargers manage to redeem themselves against Pittsburgh tomorrow.
  14. SubscriberSmookiePonline
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    11 Jan '09 04:43
    Originally posted by zakkwylder
    Well, the ravens moved past the Titans and Arizona gang raped Carolina. The playoff picture is getting more and more exciting as we speak. I can only hope that the Chargers manage to redeem themselves against Pittsburgh tomorrow.
    I hope the Eagles redeem themselves as well tomorrow!
  15. Standard memberzakkwylder
    Mouth for war
    Burlington, KY
    Moves
    11 Jan '09 05:38
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    I hope the Eagles redeem themselves as well tomorrow!
    The Eagles winning tomorrow wouldn't exactly be redemption, they did beat NY a few weeks ago. The only way I'll be happy that Philly wins is if SD beats Pittsburgh.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree