1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    08 Apr '13 03:102 edits
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    Here's the last 8 games Kaepernick played against much tougher teams.

Scores: Ravens 31, Falcons 28, Packers 45, Cardinals 27, Seahawks 13, Patriots 41, Dolphins 27, Rams 13

That's 28 points per game, against a much tougher schedule.

Now factor in the Defense was severely weakened when the Smith brothers got hurt in the Patriots game. A et who doesn't recognize the offense is much more efficient and explosive under Kaepernick.
    Nice cherry picking; let's not count the games CK played poorly (like the Ram game) and only count the games he played well. I was comparing the whole season not just the games that support my POV.

As for "more explosive" with CK probably. But CK and Smith threw the same amount of passes last year and Alex had 3 more TDs . I don't think a full year with CK is going to produce significantly more points than a full year with Smith would and that's assuming CK can stay healthy running as much as he does.

EDIT: Unless there's some radical changes between now and opening day, I think the Rams win the NFC West.
  2. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    08 Apr '13 03:571 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Nice cherry picking; let's not count the games CK played poorly (like the Ram game) and only count the games he played well. I was comparing the whole season not just the games that support my POV.

As for "more explosive" with CK probably. But CK and Smith threw the same amount of passes last year and Alex had 3 more TDs . I don't think a ful ere's some radical changes between now and opening day, I think the Rams win the NFC West.
    Yes, I cherry picked by selecting the last 8 consecutive games without leaving any out. Which 8 games did you cherry pick?

So now that we've established that Kaepernick scored more points against better teams in bigger games with less help from D and no pre-choke periods with David Akers....

How about we get a second bet going? The 49ers have a better season than the Rams.

BTW, you're bats*** insane to think the Rams will be on top when the 49ers and Seahawks are in the same division.
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    08 Apr '13 05:55

As for "more explosive" with CK probably. But CK and Smith threw the same amount of passes last year and Alex had 3 more TDs . I don't think a ful ...[text shortened]... ere's some radical changes between now and opening day, I think the Rams win the NFC West.
    Less help from D? Doesn't that generally mean the offense has to score more to win?

Add the total of points for and against on the first and last 8 weeks... then subtract the points against which ever total is greater was the most productive 8 weeks.
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    08 Apr '13 12:26
    Yes, I cherry picked by selecting the last 8 consecutive games without leaving any out. Which 8 games did you cherry pick?

So now that we've established that Kaepernick scored more points against better teams in bigger games with less help from D and no pre-choke periods with David Akers....

How about we get a second bet going? The 49ers hav ...[text shortened]... insane to think the Rams will be on top when the 49ers and Seahawks are in the same division.
    Your claim wasn't that the offense was slightly more productive with CK last year than with Alex but that is all your stats indicate. Defense coordinators will have an entire off-season to work on your gimmick offense and I don't think it will be as productive.

The Seahawks and 49ers are going to be good, but there's always an up and coming team or two in the NFL. The Rams went 4-2 down the stretch and had the best divisional record last year (trashing a team that your Dream Team couldn't beat is never very wise). I think they'll contend.

If you want a $25 bet, I'll take it on your terms " The 49ers have a better season than the Rams." That means the Niners will have to win more games than the Rams; if they both finish 10-6 for example, I win. In?
  5. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    08 Apr '13 13:11
    Your claim wasn't that the offense was slightly more productive with CK last year than with Alex but that is all your stats indicate. Defense coordinators will have an entire off-season to work on your gimmick offense and I don't think it will be as productive.

The Seahawks and 49ers are going to be good, but there's always an up and coming ...[text shortened]... l have to win more games than the Rams; if they both finish 10-6 for example, I win. In?
    I'll bet you $100 that the Rams don't have a better record than the Seahawks.
  6. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    08 Apr '13 16:46

The Seahawks and 49ers are going to be good, but there's always an up and coming ...[text shortened]... l have to win more games than the Rams; if they both finish 10-6 for example, I win. In?
    My claim still isn't that it's only slightly more productive.

But sure, I'm good for the bet. Like our other bet I prefer it to the charity of the winner's choice.

Going further in the playoffs trumps all.

If equal go by reg season record.

If equal go by Rams vs Niners record.

If equal go by total season points for minus against (higher number wins)

If equal the universe will explode.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    08 Apr '13 16:571 edit
    My claim still isn't that it's only slightly more productive.

But sure, I'm good for the bet. Like our other bet I prefer it to the charity of the winner's choice.

Going further in the playoffs trumps all.

If equal go by reg season record.

If equal go by Rams vs Niners record.

If equal go by total season points for minus against (higher number wins)

If equal the universe will explode.
    I'm not betting based on playoffs; if you want to make a playoff bet, wait until the playoffs.

You said the Niners would have a better season and are now reneging on your wording. I'm not interested in tiebreaks; take the bet as offered or not. It's a generous offer on my part; the 49ers would be heavily favored by a bookmaker to win that bet and you'd have to give odds. I'm willing to take it straight up.
  8. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    08 Apr '13 17:57
    I'm not betting based on playoffs; if you want to make a playoff bet, wait until the playoffs.

You said the Niners would have a better season and are now reneging on your wording. I'm not interested in tiebreaks; take the bet as offered or not. It's a generous offer on my part; the 49ers would be heavily favored by a bookmaker to win that bet and you'd have to give odds. I'm willing to take it straight up.
    Going further in the playoffs doesn't constitute a better season?? The league certainly think so since they base the draft order on it.
  9. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    08 Apr '13 20:15
    Going further in the playoffs doesn't constitute a better season?? The league certainly think so since they base the draft order on it.
    TAKE THE BET, YOU MOOK
  10. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    08 Apr '13 20:36
    Honestly, Paratrooper, if you don't take this bet you should be ashamed of yourself and stripped of your fan credentials.
  11. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    08 Apr '13 21:09

If you are only interested in betting on regular-season records, I am game for that too. We are on.
  12. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    08 Apr '13 21:12
    Originally posted by Zamboner
    Honestly, Paratrooper, if you don't take this bet you should be ashamed of yourself and stripped of your fan credentials.
    Obviously I will still take that bet. I'm just blown away that considering playoffs as part of the season would be considered reneging by him. Even with the Rams being given a much softer schedule this is still a no-brainer.
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    08 Apr '13 21:261 edit
    Obviously I will still take that bet. I'm just blown away that considering playoffs as part of the season would be considered reneging by him. Even with the Rams being given a much softer schedule this is still a no-brainer.
    The teams will play 14 games against the same opponents, so it's hard to see how the Rams will get a "much softer" schedule. The only differences are the Niners get Washington and Green Bay while the Rams get Dallas and Chicago. That's a grand total of three wins more for SF opponents based on last year's record.
  14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    08 Apr '13 21:49
    If you are only interested in betting on regular-season records, I am game for that too. We are on.
    To be clear, you are agreeing that:

That means the Niners will have to win more games than the Rams; if they both finish 10-6 for example, I win.
  15. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    08 Apr '13 22:391 edit
    To be clear, you are agreeing that:

That means the Niners will have to win more games than the Rams; if they both finish 10-6 for example, I win.
    Oh, good lord. First progressing further in the playoffs doesn't count as "having a better season" and now you win if they both have the same reg season record. Anymore stipulations?

Sure, I'll go with that as well.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree