1. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    01 Apr '13 00:47
    Mine: 49ers, and yes I'm a biased fan.

The Niner Offense was playing in another level under Kaepernick and they signed Boldin, giving him them a nice Crabtree, V. Davis, Boldin threat. Justin and Aldon Smith had corrective sergury and have ample time to rehab before the season. Prior to their injuries Aldon was on pace to break the single season sack record.

The 49ers have 14! picks in the next draft, including 6 in the first 3 rounds.

I know Tom is picking the Seahawks. Let's hear it Tom!
  2. Joined
    27 Feb '13
    Moves
    01 Apr '13 03:30
    Seahawks over Broncos.

I think the NFC will be a stronger conference by far this year.
  3. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    01 Apr '13 11:38
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper

The Niner Offense was playing in another level under Kaepernick and they signed Boldin, giving him them a nice Crabtree, V. Davis, Boldin threat. Justin and Aldon Smith had corrective sergury and have ample time to rehab before the season. Prior to their injuries Aldon was on pace to break the single season ...[text shortened]... including 6 in the first 3 rounds.

Stats are dismal for SB losing teams in season following SB loss. I believe only Dallas Cowboys have lost a SB, returned and won it all the following season. Niners are looking rather frightening on paper, but defenses will have had one season to solve Kaepernick style of play and Ravens provided the blueprint. Harbaugh "second guesses himself" after that silly first and goal series all season long. That may lead to problems. In the end Kaepernick looked not so awesome. We'll see. Preseason picks always fail, it seems. I am not making one. I agree with other poster that SB champ will likely come from NFC.
  4. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    01 Apr '13 12:48
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Stats are dismal for SB losing teams in season following SB loss. I believe only Dallas Cowboys have lost a SB, returned and won it all the following season. Niners are looking rather frightening on paper, but defenses will have had one season to solve Kaepernick style of play and Ravens provided the blueprint. Harbaugh "second guesses himself" after t ...[text shortened]... eems. I am not making one. I agree with other poster that SB champ will likely come from NFC.
    Stats are dismal for winning the Super Bowl for EVERY team because there are 32 teams.

Yes, the Ravens showed the rest of the league how to hold Kaepernick to "only" 31 points, and this is against a very good defense. The 49ers defense lost that game.

Of all the great QB's that stay great, what makes you think Kaepernick will be "solved"?
  5. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    01 Apr '13 22:41
    Stats are dismal for winning the Super Bowl for EVERY team because there are 32 teams.

Yes, the Ravens showed the rest of the league how to hold Kaepernick to "only" 31 points, and this is against a very good defense. The 49ers defense lost that game.

Of all the great QB's that stay great, what makes you think Kaepernick will be "solved"?
    Without the power outage there is no 31 points by Niners. In the end they came up short. They also benefited from questionable calls, non calls and such. First off they did not belong in the SB, Atlanta did. That mauling on 4th down with Atlanta driving in 4th qtr must have created the payback karma Niners did on their last drive. Defense did not lose the game. 1st and goal on 7 and not punching it in sounds like an offense problem to me, not defense. Much as I detest 49ers' Moss, he was open twice in back of endzone twice on two incompletions. Kapernick will be solved the same way Vick was. After all Vick also seemed unstoppable. One more season of vicious hits and you'll see Kaeprnick wilt under the pressure. Now we are talking about one of 32, the SB losing team, not the other 31. SB losers go on to dismal follow up seasons. I doubt Niners make it back at all. Odds are against. As I said before, the incredible number of draft picks if played right may make them formidable on paper. We'll have to wait and see. Since you support them you see things through great rose colored glasses. Every defensive coordinator is studying film on Kaepernick. He is no Montana. DC's studied film on him ad nauseam. He had the intangible Kaepernick lacks. Vision and will to win. I don't recall a crappier potentially winning last four downs from any "great" QB. Flacco played lights out when it counted! K? Not so much so in spite of his 31 points.
  6. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    01 Apr '13 23:49
    Without the power outage there is no 31 points by Niners. In the end they came up short. They also benefited from questionable calls, non calls and such. First off they did not belong in the SB, Atlanta did. That mauling on 4th down with Atlanta driving in 4th qtr must have created the payback karma Niners did on their last drive. Defense did not lose t ...[text shortened]... B. Flacco played lights out when it counted! K? Not so much so in spite of his 31 points.
    So much fail in this post I don't know where to begin.

"Without the power outage there is no 31 points by Niners."

A ridiculous, unfounded speculative claim based on absolutely nothing.

"They also benefited from questionable calls, non calls and such."

And by "they" you mean the Ravens, right?

Clear helmet to helmet contact in plain sight of the ref

http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/helmetgraham1.gif

Bruce Miller being blatantly held during the kick off return (that lead to 7 points)

YouTube

And there were many others, including the infamous hold on Crabtree. But what do you expect. Hell, the Ravens players could even push the refs and get away with it.

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr03/2013/2/3/19/anigif_enhanced-buzz-31162-1359938782-0.gif

"Defense did not lose the game."

They allowed 34 points. Very, very few games are won when the opposing team scores that many points. Alex Smith has literally NEVER won a game with that many points allowed.

"Kapernick will be solved the same way Vick was."

Based on what? But hey, I'm arguing with a guy who didn't even know this was Harbaugh's second year coaching and thought 2 college teams can beat half the NFL teams.
  7. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    01 Apr '13 23:50
    Without the power outage there is no 31 points by Niners. In the end they came up short. They also benefited from questionable calls, non calls and such. First off they did not belong in the SB, Atlanta did. That mauling on 4th down with Atlanta driving in 4th qtr must have created the payback karma Niners did on their last drive. Defense did not lose t ...[text shortened]... B. Flacco played lights out when it counted! K? Not so much so in spite of his 31 points.
    What a crock!! You have NO WAY of knowing what would have happened without the
    power outage.

Flacco played the game of his CAREER!!! You act that was normal...far from it.
    You don't like Kaepernick, but your persistent spouts about what teams would do
    against him are baloney. We have seen what they do against him. We can watch
    and see what happens next year, but I will make a bet with you now if you like.

I will bet Flacco's numbers will be down next year over where they were this year,
    and Kaepernick's numbers will be better than his last year's numbers.

My projections aren't personally biased like yours are. Mine are statistically driven.
    Flacco just got a monster contract. The first year after a monster deal, production
    tends to fall off. This does not always happen, but it does a majority of the time.
    Kaepernick is hungry, and aggressive and he is looking for that big payday. he
    must perform to get that payday...so he is motivated.

What say you?? Are you having any of it?
  8. Joined
    09 Nov '12
    Moves
    02 Apr '13 00:04
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    What a crock!! You have NO WAY of knowing what would have happened without the
    power outage.

Flacco played the game of his CAREER!!! You act that was normal...far from it.
    You don't like Kaepernick, but your persistent spouts about what teams would do
    against him are baloney. We have seen what they do against him. We can watch
    and see what hap ...[text shortened]... erform to get that payday...so he is motivated.

What say you?? Are you having any of it?
    Flacco's regular season numbers were not even that impressive. It was his post-season numbers that impressed. I wouldn't be surprised if his numbers over the regular season were maintained or went up.

As for spacchicazzo, that guy is hilarious.
  9. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    02 Apr '13 03:26
    Originally posted by Zamboner
    Flacco's regular season numbers were not even that impressive. It was his post-season numbers that impressed. I wouldn't be surprised if his numbers over the regular season were maintained or went up.

As for spacchicazzo, that guy is hilarious.
    The sad thing is, he is being serious.
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    07 Apr '13 13:09

The Niner Offense was playing in another level under Kaepernick and they signed Boldin, giving him them a nice Crabtree, V. Davis, Boldin threat. Justin and Aldon Smith had corrective sergury and have ample time to rehab before the season. Prior to their injuries Aldon was on pace to break the single season ...[text shortened]... including 6 in the first 3 rounds.

The Eagles had a "dream team" based on their free agent pick ups two years ago. I'd wait until at least August before anointing the 49ers champions.
  11. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    07 Apr '13 18:18
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    The Eagles had a "dream team" based on their free agent pick ups two years ago. I'd wait until at least August before anointing the 49ers champions.
    I wouldn't go so far as to call it a "dream team", but the reason the 49ers are expected to be a contender is due to their proven core group of players and coaches, not a bunch of fancy free agents. Comparing them to the Eagles is ludicrous.
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    07 Apr '13 22:35
    I wouldn't go so far as to call it a "dream team", but the reason the 49ers are expected to be a contender is due to their proven core group of players and coaches, not a bunch of fancy free agents. Comparing them to the Eagles is ludicrous.
    How is it "ludicrous"? The year before the free agent signings, the Eagles had went 10-6, won the NFC East and been the 3rd seed in the NFC. Maybe you don't follow any teams but the 49ers, but I'd say the comparison is apt since you are relying on several free agents signings to argue this pushes SF over the top. Actually the same argument was made last year after you signed Manningham and a few others.
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    07 Apr '13 22:40

The Niner offense scored 189 points in 8 games Smith started and 208 in 8 games under CK. That's less than 3 more points a game, hardly "another level".
  14. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    07 Apr '13 23:283 edits
    The Niner offense scored 189 points in 8 games Smith started and 208 in 8 games under CK. That's less than 3 more points a game, hardly "another level".
    Here's the last 8 games Kaepernick played against much tougher teams.

Scores: Ravens 31, Falcons 28, Packers 45, Cardinals 27, Seahawks 13, Patriots 41, Dolphins 27, Rams 13

That's 28 points per game, against a much tougher schedule.

Now factor in the Defense was severely weakened when the Smith brothers got hurt in the Patriots game. A strong Defense actually helps the offense through field position, time of possession and turnovers.

Also factor in David Ackers (the kicker) didn't hit his slump until partway into the Season. At the start of the season, while Smith was still QB he was his old self.

Last, in the playoffs and the Super Bowl he averaged almost 35 points per game. After getting some limited experience under his belt he put up big numbers against big teams in big games.

You're about the only one on the planet who doesn't recognize the offense is much more efficient and explosive under Kaepernick.
  15. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    07 Apr '13 23:451 edit
    How is it "ludicrous"? The year before the free agent signings, the Eagles had went 10-6, won the NFC East and been the 3rd seed in the NFC. Maybe you don't follow any teams but the 49ers, but I'd say the comparison is apt since you are relying on several free agents signings to argue this pushes SF over the top. Actually the same argument was made last year after you signed Manningham and a few others.
    Well if you set aside the fact that they actually went 8-8 and didn't make the playoffs, then yes, you are absolutely right.

Also, I mentioned ONE free agency signing for the 49ers. Where are you getting several?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree