1. LA
    Moves
    28 May '07 18:47
    Originally posted by Chaswray
    If hockey is a minor sport perhaps you should give it a try? All you have to do is skate, with speed, up and down an ice rink for 60 minutes, control a small puck with a stick and all the while a 200 lb. defense man is trying to seperate you from your head. Oh wait, soccer, now there's a major sport, "I've got a hangnail, I need to fall down and rest"πŸ˜‰
    If I wanted to pump myself full of steriods.
    Take up ice skating.
    Have the urge to physically attack someone.
    And watch myself on ESPN2 at 2.00am I would.
  2. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    28 May '07 19:54
    Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
    It may be decent post to the odd member.
    I could name several players in most sports but NHL?

Wayne Gretzky does he still play?

Ice Skating/Hockey just does not appeal to anyone outside of Canada I guess.
    Odd memeber?

You seem to be the odd newbie member.

Baseball doesn't appeal to be but you don't see me posting in baseball threads do you? Same with Cricket and some other sports.

You time is better wasted in other threads.

RK
  3. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    28 May '07 19:55
    Finally, Game 1 tonight!
  4. LA
    Moves
    28 May '07 20:031 edit
    Originally posted by RahimK
    Odd memeber?

You seem to be the odd newbie member.

Baseball doesn't appeal to be but you don't see me posting in baseball threads do you? Same with Cricket and some other sports.

You time is better wasted in other threads.

RK
    I am a member, odd maybe, but its you that is not a member.

Personally I just don't see the appeal of NHL and tried to provoke a reaction to demonstrate to me what I should be looking for in a game.

2 or 3 years ago I didn't see the appeal of NBA but now I love the sport.

Unfortunately/fortunately no one has highlighted anything about NHL to make me resist the urge to change channels if a game every starts.

Are there any real telented players I shoud watch out for, are there any good attractive teams worth watching, or do you just watch it waiting for the next person to get slammed into the barrier or for the next fight to start out?
  5. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    28 May '07 21:17
    I am a member, odd maybe, but its you that is not a member.

Personally I just don't see the appeal of NHL and tried to provoke a reaction to demonstrate to me what I should be looking for in a game.

2 or 3 years ago I didn't see the appeal of NBA but now I love the sport.

Unfortunately/fortunately no one has highlighted anything about NHL ...[text shortened]... aiting for the next person to get slammed into the barrier or for the next fight to start out?
    I love watching basketball, football and hockey.

I was the same with American Football, till I watched this movie Rememeber the Titans and since then I have watched every football game on Tv.

Nhl hockey has changed a lot the past 2 years. Got much faster and more exciting, lot more scoring.

Normal hockey I don't watch much but playoff hockey is something else, especially this year with another Canada vs America playoff final.

Last year is was my hometown, Edmonton vs Carolina and before that it was Calgary vs another American team.

I just want to see the cup returned home to Canada.

Watch a few periods and see how it goes. Much funner to watch this year then previous years especially with the shootouts in OT during reg. games.

The talented juniors I know of are Sydney Crosby and Alexander Ovechkin (spellings?). I don't watch to much anymore because NBA is on but playoffs I do watch especially when it's Canada vs America in the finals πŸ™‚

RK
  6. LA
    Moves
    28 May '07 21:46
    I love watching basketball, football and hockey.

I was the same with American Football, till I watched this movie Rememeber the Titans and since then I have watched every football game on Tv.

Nhl hockey has changed a lot the past 2 years. Got much faster and more exciting, lot more scoring.

Normal hockey I don't watch much but playoff hockey is some ...[text shortened]... A is on but playoffs I do watch especially when it's Canada vs America in the finals πŸ™‚

RK
    Maybe I will make the effort.

Like most sports, once something about it interests you you can easily get hooked.

With NBA it was Dennis Rodman, Reggie Miller and Michael Jordan.
    Then I started to appreciate the play of o'Neil, Duncan, Nash etc... and I was hooked.

I've never been able to get interested into Hockey, but maybe thats because its not marketed in LA.

I do like watching it though in the Olympics, I guess its the country vs country thing.

If I see one of the NHL final games on TV over the coming weeks, I'll give it a go.
  7. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    28 May '07 22:042 edits
    Maybe I will make the effort.

Like most sports, once something about it interests you you can easily get hooked.

With NBA it was Dennis Rodman, Reggie Miller and Michael Jordan.
    Then I started to appreciate the play of o'Neil, Duncan, Nash etc... and I was hooked.

I've never been able to get interested into Hockey, but maybe thats becaus ...[text shortened]... thing.

If I see one of the NHL final games on TV over the coming weeks, I'll give it a go.
    Game 1 tonight!

Come on OTTAWA!

edit: PS, I hate you guys for taking Wayne G. from us! Although, some dummy trade him from Edmonton OilersπŸ™
  8. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    28 May '07 22:35
    YouTube&feature=dir
  9. Donationrichjohnson
    TANSTAAFL
    Walking on sunshine
    Moves
    29 May '07 00:03
    Ottawa in 7
  10. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    29 May '07 13:43
    Go Ducks! πŸ˜€

That was a great comeback last night. Kelly Hrudey was dead wrong - the Sens big three definitely look rusty after a lengthy break. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Ducks take Game 2 but lose the next 2 in Ottawa.
  11. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    30 May '07 03:34
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Go Ducks! πŸ˜€

That was a great comeback last night. Kelly Hrudey was dead wrong - the Sens big three definitely look rusty after a lengthy break. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Ducks take Game 2 but lose the next 2 in Ottawa.
    What's that word I'm looking for?

O ya!

Traitor!

Back stabber :'(
  12. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    31 May '07 04:24
    What's that word I'm looking for?

O ya!

Traitor!

Back stabber :'(
    My blood is blue.
  13. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    31 May '07 04:51
    Originally posted by Chaswray
    If hockey is a minor sport perhaps you should give it a try? All you have to do is skate, with speed, up and down an ice rink for 60 minutes, control a small puck with a stick and all the while a 200 lb. defense man is trying to seperate you from your head. Oh wait, soccer, now there's a major sport, "I've got a hangnail, I need to fall down and rest"πŸ˜‰
    so true, i was watching the "best in the world" and i saw them falling down crying on purpose pleeding with the refs..pathetic
  14. Edmonton, Alberta
    Moves
    31 May '07 20:05
    Originally posted by jvanhine
    so true, i was watching the "best in the world" and i saw them falling down crying on purpose pleeding with the refs..pathetic
    Diving in the NHL?

No Way! Seriously...?

NBA has a similiar problem also.
  15. Standard memberpulu2
    pulu <3
    Helsinki, Finland
    Moves
    31 May '07 20:35
    well, it seems to be going all Ducky but ... let's see how Ottawa handles their homegames. Then again only two teams have come back from 2 down to win the Cup.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree