Ohio State vs Michigan

Ohio State vs Michigan

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FL

over there

Moves
15 Nov 06

Originally posted by no1marauder
I don't think OSU will lose to Michigan. I don't think Rutgers will run the table (I think it's quite possible they lose to Cincinnati this week). I think the winner of the USC-Notre Dame game will play OSU for the title.
Notre Dame got absolutely murdered by Michigan and USC lost to an unranked nobody. I don't think either of them deserve a shot. If Rutgers goes undefeated, I think they deserve to be in the title game because they haven't lost.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
15 Nov 06

Originally posted by Falco Lombardi
Notre Dame got absolutely murdered by Michigan and USC lost to an unranked nobody. I don't think either of them deserve a shot. If Rutgers goes undefeated, I think they deserve to be in the title game because they haven't lost.
(Shrug) It's clear that OSU and Michigan are the two strongest teams. But having them play twice in a month and a half would be absurd; it's quite possible they'd split and neither would have a better claim than the other. If Rutgers loses, the logical opponent for the OSU-Michigan winner is the USC-Notre Dame winner.

l

Moves
15 Nov 06

This whole thread just supports the idea of having a playoff system. Which team really is the best? Let's all fight it out and see.

w

Moves
15 Nov 06

Originally posted by lioyank
This whole thread just supports the idea of having a playoff system. Which team really is the best? Let's all fight it out and see.
Instead we have the brainy idea of possibly having two teams play back to back games.🙄

Glory To GOD !

Jesus Is Lord !!

Moves
15 Nov 06

Originally posted by lioyank
I agree wwith the play-off system and they could do it with the top 8 teans and it would only extend the season a couple more weeks !

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
16 Nov 06

Originally posted by oilman
I agree wwith the play-off system and they could do it with the top 8 teans and it would only extend the season a couple more weeks !
People would just whine about whether the #8 team REALLY deserved to get in. As far as I can tell, the BCS system has always put the two most deserving teams in the championship game.

r

cleveland ohio

Moves
16 Nov 06

Originally posted by no1marauder
People would just whine about whether the #8 team REALLY deserved to get in. As far as I can tell, the BCS system has always put the two most deserving teams in the championship game.
Take the top 5 bowl games on New Years Day-- Sugar,Rose,Feista,Orange and Cotton Bowl------ these could be your frist round playoffs and it could copy itself from the March Madness basketball tournament which is very good,they got it right Football should copy this as it applies to the national championship. this would be great.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
16 Nov 06

Originally posted by richfeet
Take the top 5 bowl games on New Years Day-- Sugar,Rose,Feista,Orange and Cotton Bowl------ these could be your frist round playoffs and it could copy itself from the March Madness basketball tournament which is very good,they got it right Football should copy this as it applies to the national championship. this would be great.
8 teams means 3 extra games for 2 of them. You'd have college football teams playing 15 games. Plus you'd have teams with 2 losses having a chance to knock off undefeateds.

I've yet to hear what's wrong with the present system.

p

Moves
16 Nov 06

it defintely would make the Michigan-Ohio State game meaningless and it would still have a lot of arguments over who is the 8th team. Boise State, 2 loss teams in the SEC? one loss teams with weaker schedules like Wisconsin and Wake Forest? Louisville? I know i am in the minority but I'd rather have every regular season game mean that if you lose you could be out then have a basketball style tournament. To me the basketball tournament has completely 100% ruined a regular season game.

D

Moves
16 Nov 06

The first thing that should change in college football is the fact that some teams do not play all the other teams in their conference. There should be no scheduling of non-conference games until a team plays every other team in its conference. Then have all conference winners play a tournament.

p

Moves
17 Nov 06

then why have out of confence games at all?

w

Moves
17 Nov 06
1 edit

24 hours, count'em, 24 hours till kick off. GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, you can all resume the whinning about the playoff system I just had to get that off my chest.

FL

over there

Moves
18 Nov 06

What sucks is I'm in marching band in high school and have to march in the Christmas parade during the game 🙁

R
The Rams

Moves
18 Nov 06

GO MICHIGAN

OH:
hail to the victors valiant,
hail to the conquering heros,
hail! hail! to michigan
THE CHAMPS OF OHIO!!!!!

K
Happier Now!!