Ohio State vs. USC

Ohio State vs. USC

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FL

over there

Moves
27 Nov 06

Originally posted by cmsMaster
LMAO, you Michigan fanboys just can't deal with OSU winning. OSU will beat USC too. I'll predict 37-24 OSU.
Yes, OSU will murder USC. Michigan deserves it more though. They were the only team to give OSU a good game, and they might have won if that personal foul wasn't committed at the end. Michigan is the best one loss team: their only loss was against the #1 team in the country in an away game. USC lost to unranked nobody Oregon State! I was thinking that maybe Arkansas could get in but they got beat. Flordia doesn't deserve it because they could just barely beat Flordia State, beat Tennessee by only 1 point, and the same with South Carolina.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
27 Nov 06

Originally posted by Falco Lombardi
Yes, OSU will murder USC. Michigan deserves it more though. They were the only team to give OSU a good game, and they might have won if that personal foul wasn't committed at the end. Michigan is the best one loss team: their only loss was against the #1 team in the country in an away game. USC lost to unranked nobody Oregon State! I was thinking that ...[text shortened]... t barely beat Flordia State, beat Tennessee by only 1 point, and the same with South Carolina.
It is obvious that Michigan deserves the title game the most. The BCS was supposed to do away with all of this controversy and all it did was make it worse.

Michigan beat ND on the road by more that USC could beat them by at home.

p

Moves
27 Nov 06

I am glad that Ohio State will not play Boise State. It would be a blow out and Boise State does not deserve the big stage.
It makes a lot more sense for Ohio State to play the #2 team. I have seen no poll where people think that is Boise.
Boise simply has not beaten anyone and as a result it is far impressive to go through the SEC with one loss like Florida or to go through a PAC 10 schedule plus beating a powerhouse in Arkansas (like USC) or beating Notre Dame and going through a big 10 schedule and only losing at Ohio State like Michigan.
Teams should be encouraged to be in good conferences where you play quality opponents and to play tough out of conference games. Find the best 11-1 team with a tough schedule.

FL

over there

Moves
27 Nov 06

Originally posted by Red Night
It is obvious that Michigan deserves the title game the most. The BCS was supposed to do away with all of this controversy and all it did was make it worse.

that too 🙂

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
28 Nov 06

Originally posted by poundlee
I am glad that Ohio State will not play Boise State. It would be a blow out and Boise State does not deserve the big stage.
It makes a lot more sense for Ohio State to play the #2 team. I have seen no poll where people think that is Boise.
Boise simply has not beaten anyone and as a result it is far impressive to go through the SEC with one loss like ...[text shortened]... nents and to play tough out of conference games. Find the best 11-1 team with a tough schedule.
Boise State beat someone - an Oregon State team which beat USC. And they beat them 42-14.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
28 Nov 06

If the Big Ten is soooooooooooooooooo great that the championship game should be decided by two Big Ten teams, how come the whole rest of the conference couldn't win a single quality non-conference game? And how come Hawaii, #2 in the WAC, beat Purdue which tied for #4 in the Big Ten?

s
Death from Above

El Paso, TX

Moves
28 Nov 06

Originally posted by Red Night

Should be Florida playing OSU. The Big Ten and their weak schedule.

FL

over there

Moves
28 Nov 06

Originally posted by slimjim
Should be Florida playing OSU. The Big Ten and their weak schedule.
Florida is overrated. They slipped by many teams, and got blown out against Auburn.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
28 Nov 06

Originally posted by no1marauder
If the Big Ten is soooooooooooooooooo great that the championship game should be decided by two Big Ten teams, how come the whole rest of the conference couldn't win a single quality non-conference game? And how come Hawaii, #2 in the WAC, beat Purdue which tied for #4 in the Big Ten?
It's not so much that the Big Ten is great. It is that Michigan and OSU are clearly the best two teams in the country.

Michigan has one loss, to OSU, in Columbus, by 3 points.

By any measure you care to consider, Michigan should be # 2 in the country and when the bowls are over that is exactly where they'll be ranked unless they get into the Championship game. (Which seems unlikely.)

I like florida, but it is a long shot, at best, that they'll get into the title game.

s
Death from Above

El Paso, TX

Moves
28 Nov 06

Florida is overrated. They slipped by many teams, and got blown out against Auburn.
They didn't get blowed out by Auburn. It was a 3-0 game till the last play and Auburn scored a touchdown. They play in the toughest conference in college football. They have a SEC Championship game unlike the Big 10 who play pattsies all year long. I.E. Northwestern, Minnesota, Indiana, Purdue, the list goes on and on.

a

Moves
28 Nov 06

They didn't get blowed out by Auburn. It was a 3-0 game till the last play and Auburn scored a touchdown. They play in the toughest conference in college football. They have a SEC Championship game unlike the Big 10 who play pattsies all year long. I.E. Northwestern, Minnesota, Indiana, Purdue, the list goes on and on.
I hope they lose. They should have lost in Knoxville.

s
Death from Above

El Paso, TX

Moves
28 Nov 06

Originally posted by abejnood
I hope they lose. They should have lost in Knoxville.
Bad attitude. I'm a Bama fan but I still want the SEC to win if Bama isn't playing.

FL

over there

Moves
28 Nov 06

And Wisconsin who is #7 or 8 right now, (they're only loss is to Michigan.) Penn State and Iowa aren't bad either, theyw ere rated very high at the beginning of the season.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
28 Nov 06

And Wisconsin who is #7 or 8 right now, (they're only loss is to Michigan.) Penn State and Iowa aren't bad either, theyw ere rated very high at the beginning of the season.
Wisconsin is the biggest fraud in the top 25. Talk about Boise's schedule? Wisconsin's non-conference games were against non-division 1 Western Illinois, Bowling Green and Buffalo from the Mid-American (4-8 and 2-9) respectively and San Diego State, 2-10 in the Mountain West. And they only beat SD St. 14-0! Expect them to get dusted in the CapitalOne Bowl.

w

Moves
29 Nov 06

Originally posted by Wulebgr
USC 31 OSU 17
Well I suppose its nice to see some people giving USC a fighting chance. 😵