OSU vs. LSU

OSU vs. LSU

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S
Lead, Follow, or..

Saint Petersburg, FL

Moves
12 Dec 07

Originally posted by gambit3
Are you prepared to say that Arkansas has a better offense then OSU has? Perhaps you think that LSU will play a better defensive game then they played against Arkansas?
I'm not prepared for anything that you're talking about. Rivalries go a long way in changing games, no matter what the strength of teams.. I was only saying that I know that LSU is a MUCH much stronger team than OSU, no matter how you stack it.

Last year the Razorbacks were seen as a Juggernaut in the SEC. Florida took CARE of them in the SEC championship. The talent pool in that little space between Pennsylvania and Indiana is not enough to beat LSU. Face it.

g

Moves
12 Dec 07

Originally posted by SmookieP
I'm not prepared for anything that you're talking about. Rivalries go a long way in changing games, no matter what the strength of teams.. I was only saying that I know that LSU is a MUCH much stronger team than OSU, no matter how you stack it.

Last year the Razorbacks were seen as a Juggernaut in the SEC. Florida took CARE of them in the SEC championshi ...[text shortened]... pool in that little space between Pennsylvania and Indiana is not enough to beat LSU. Face it.
I did not know that Arkansas was considered a juggernaut last year. I did know that only Mississippi State stoped Darren last year.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
12 Dec 07
1 edit

Are you prepared to say that Arkansas has a better offense then OSU has? Perhaps you think that LSU will play a better defensive game then they played against Arkansas?
I am. Arkansas is 4th in the country in points scored per game at 39.8 and 10th in yards gained per game at 457.4. Ohio State is 27th in the first category (scoring about 8 points less) and 49th in the second (gaining 60 less YPG). So it's not even close.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/sortableStatsTeam?div=CFB&stype=OFFENSE&stable=overall&stat=overallPtsGm&dir=descending

g

Moves
12 Dec 07

I expect LSU to win and score 21 points or more and not less then 14 points. The character of the game may be more about if OSU's Offense wants the game more then LSU's defense.

w

Moves
13 Dec 07
3 edits

Originally posted by no1marauder
I am. Arkansas is 4th in the country in points scored per game at 39.8 and 10th in yards gained per game at 457.4. Ohio State is 27th in the first category (scoring about 8 points less) and 49th in the second (gaining 60 less YPG). So it's not even close.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/sortableStatsTeam?div=CFB&stype=OFFENSE&stable=overall&stat=overallPtsGm&dir=descending
I think it comes down to the QB. I forget the razorbacks QB's name but I remember watching him dismantle LSU this year, mostly by running. He did it single handidly. Conversely, Boeckman for OSU is a basket case who does not do well under pressure and turns over the ball consistently. However, at times he has a good arm when given time and runs moderatly well. Therefore, the Bucks must put all their eggs in one basket and that baskets name is BB Wells who is their running back.

Edit: I remember watching Florida and the razorbacks play each other right before last years NC game with OSU. At the time, I thought Florida looked pathetic and thought that the razorbacks should have won the game. However, Florida squeeked passed them and the rest is history. Therefore, I will not make the same mistake by thinking that LSU is pathetic for loosing to the razorbacks. In my mind, the razorbacks have as much right to be in the NC game as LSU.

w

Moves
13 Dec 07

I expect LSU to win and score 21 points or more and not less then 14 points. The character of the game may be more about if OSU's Offense wants the game more then LSU's defense.
Indeed. A great deal has to do with how badly they want to win, make no mistake about it. I am not sure one could offer any more motivation for OSU than is already given them. No one, and I mean no one, is giving them a chance against LSU as they lost complete and total respect after last years debacle against Florida. I love it!!!!

S
Lead, Follow, or..

Saint Petersburg, FL

Moves
13 Dec 07

Originally posted by whodey
I think it comes down to the QB. I forget the razorbacks QB's name but I remember watching him dismantle LSU this year, mostly by running. He did it single handidly. Conversely, Boeckman for OSU is a basket case who does not do well under pressure and turns over the ball consistently. However, at times he has a good arm when given time and runs moderatly ...[text shortened]... to the razorbacks. In my mind, the razorbacks have as much right to be in the NC game as LSU.
Florida looked pathetic? That mind-set shows that you still think the BIG 10 is worth something when it comes to football. It's sad to think there's still people "up there" that think they can compete with the SEC. The pendulum swings a lot of ways, but right now, the Big 10 is clueless when it comes to winning football games.

LSU 44
OSU 7

w

Moves
13 Dec 07

Originally posted by SmookieP
Florida looked pathetic? That mind-set shows that you still think the BIG 10 is worth something when it comes to football. It's sad to think there's still people "up there" that think they can compete with the SEC. The pendulum swings a lot of ways, but right now, the Big 10 is clueless when it comes to winning football games.

LSU 44
OSU 7
My statement had nothing to do with the Big Ten. I said they looked pathetic against the razorbacks. The last time I checked the razorbacks were not in the Big Ten.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
13 Dec 07
1 edit

I think it comes down to the QB. I forget the razorbacks QB's name but I remember watching him dismantle LSU this year, mostly by running. He did it single handidly. Conversely, Boeckman for OSU is a basket case who does not do well under pressure and turns over the ball consistently. However, at times he has a good arm when given time and runs moderatly ...[text shortened]... to the razorbacks. In my mind, the razorbacks have as much right to be in the NC game as LSU.
Boeckman's numbers are superior to Casey Dick's (who is not a running QB); he completed a higher percentage, average more yards per pass attempts and threw for more TDs. Boeckman did throw 12 INTs in 273 attempts which is only marginally worse than Dick's 9 in 230 attempts. The main difference in the offenses is a guy called McFadden.

g

Moves
13 Dec 07

Boeckman's numbers are superior to Casey Dick's (who is not a running QB); he completed a higher percentage, average more yards per pass attempts and threw for more TDs. Boeckman did throw 12 INTs in 273 attempts which is only marginally worse than Dick's 9 in 230 attempts. The main difference in the offenses is a guy called McFadden.
The main difference is that they cannot stop Darren and leave Felix alone. When they tried to stop McFadden Jones killed them. Arkansas' rushing attack was stoped one time last year and three times this year. This was done because Arkansas' pass attack is weak. last year Arkansas' pass attack was stronger.

w

Moves
13 Dec 07

I can't believe I am saying this but look at the teams Boeckman played against? Are they equivalent to teams like Arkansas or Florida? It would behoove you to look at Boeckmans numbers against better teams like Wisconsin, Illinios, and Michigan. Trust me, Boeckman will have more than one turn over come January 7. There is no doubt that LSU will stack the line against Wells and force Boeckman to beat them.

r

Tony, kiss mine!

Moves
14 Dec 07

Predictions!!

Ok, ok, many of you know I am an OSU fan. Even though I am a fan I will coneed my team is an underdog. The man reason is our QB who is Boeckman. He turns the ball over continuously and cannot run to save his life. If OSU has any chance at all it will be to run Wells nonstop 24/7 all day long. What are the chances of that? All I can hope ...[text shortened]... favor. Hopefully, having OSU the underdog will give LSU a big head and not take them seriously.
LSU?
get big heads?
for being FAVORITES??
NEVER!!!
*cough, cough* Kentucky/almost loss to Tennessee *cough, cough*

I'm an SEC fan, and it looks like we'll win it a second year in a row.
here's what OSU needs to do if they want to be able to run Wells/ have a chance: assassinate Glenn Dorsey. Glenn Dorsey could go on the field in crutches and still dominate the line. I'm a long-standing Tennessee fan, and I remember when John Henderson struck fear into all offensive coordinaters. It was always an immediate assumption that he would be double-teamed (Henderson, that is). Even then, off. coordinators had to plan to the other side of the field, and always had to keep an extra back to pass protect against him. this was in the late 1990's SEC, when we really were the best conference in the league (we still are, but now the Big Ten and the Pac-10 can actually make an almost-argument). he dominated the most physical part of the country in those four years, and Glenn Dorsey is the closest thing Football has seen to J.H. since.

Is a healthy Dorsey better than Henderson? I won't say, because I'm a bit biased (GO BIG ORANGE!!!). What does all of this have to do with anything? Dorsey is Florida's Tebow. he's the prop the rest of the team can lean on. Tebow carried Florida to their finish... Dorsey can carry the defense until the offense starts clicking.

here's how it goes:
healthy Dorsey LSU 41 OSU 14 (sound familiar?)
unhealthy Dorsey LSU 48 OSU 50 in 3OT (sound familiar?)

w

Moves
14 Dec 07

Originally posted by rubberjaw30
LSU?
get big heads?
for being FAVORITES??
NEVER!!!
*cough, cough* Kentucky/almost loss to Tennessee *cough, cough*

I'm an SEC fan, and it looks like we'll win it a second year in a row.
here's what OSU needs to do if they want to be able to run Wells/ have a chance: assassinate Glenn Dorsey. Glenn Dorsey could go on the field in crutches and stil ...[text shortened]... OSU 14 (sound familiar?)
unhealthy Dorsey LSU 48 OSU 50 in 3OT (sound familiar?)
To be honest I am afraid more of my own fumbling and bumbling QB which is Boeckman than I am of hobbling Dorsey.

l

Moves
14 Dec 07

The idea that the health of Dorsey (who is completely overrate anyway)is worth a 29 point swing, might be the most insane thing ever posted in the sports forum.

r

Tony, kiss mine!

Moves
15 Dec 07

To be honest I am afraid more of my own fumbling and bumbling QB which is Boeckman than I am of hobbling Dorsey.
Dorsey'll make your QB fumble and bumble if he's on top of his game.
and to the twenty nine point guy, I say that not as an attribution to Dorsey, but to the whole front 4.
one team all year (in the SEC, mind you) has rushed for 100+ yards.
when Dorsey is healthy, the rest of the line has to take one on one, since Dorsey will be double-teamed invariably. this creates huge opportunities for the other highly talented guys on the line.
not toi mention the excellence of the linebackers and D-Backs.
my scoring prediction was more to highlight what's happened in the past.

41-14 was the Florida OSU score last year
40-48 was the Arkansas (or Kentucky, can't remember which) final score

that's not realistic.

here's my revision:
healthy Dorsey:
21-14 LSU
unhealthy Dorsey:
21-20 LSU

and to say that he's overrated is preposterous.
even if you close your ears to statistics, you should be able to know he's great just by watching replays, tapes, live games, whatever.
he's the real deal.