Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

  1. 20 Feb '07 01:04
    There's been plenty of 'em... so I'll start you off with 3...

    Alan Hansen - never had any 'bottle', and was fortunate to play in a very good side.

    Terry Fenwick - I still blame him for Maradona's goals against us in '86. I will never understand how he made a living in professional football.

    Paul Ince - ok he had plenty of energy but that was it. Self proclaimed 'Guvnor'... he wouldn't have lasted 15 minutes on a Sunday League park pitch... another one with no bottle. Big mouth with nowt to back it up.

    ...let the arguements begin!
  2. Standard member Cityblue
    Moonchester
    20 Feb '07 09:20
    Carlton Palmer

    Hoe did that muppet win so many international caps??
    (and he played for Weds!!!!)
  3. 20 Feb '07 13:31
    David Beckham - A one trick pony, like a spare part for 70+ minutes of most games.
  4. Standard member Cityblue
    Moonchester
    20 Feb '07 15:22
    A few more for contemplation:

    Steve Bruce and Gary Pallister (Utd would have conceded loads without Schmeichal)
    Danny Granville (any Palace lads disagree??)
    Michael Carrick
    Darius Vassell
    Craig Bellamy
    Anybody who played for Schalke 04 (don't ask why!)
  5. Subscriber invigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    20 Feb '07 16:00
    Originally posted by Cityblue
    Carlton Palmer

    Hoe did that muppet win so many international caps??
    (and he played for Weds!!!!)
    Michael Ricketts also played for england
  6. Standard member Cityblue
    Moonchester
    20 Feb '07 19:15
    Originally posted by invigorate
    Michael Ricketts also played for england
    True - wont be for a while after meeting Sylvain Distin on Sunday
  7. 20 Feb '07 19:50 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by blade68
    There's been plenty of 'em... so I'll start you off with 3...

    Alan Hansen - never had any 'bottle', and was fortunate to play in a very good side.

    Terry Fenwick - I still blame him for Maradona's goals against us in '86. I will never understand how he made a living in professional football.

    Paul Ince - ok he had plenty of energy but that was it. Se one with no bottle. Big mouth with nowt to back it up.

    ...let the arguements begin!
    Alan Smith [edit] and Juan Sebastian Veron.
  8. 20 Feb '07 22:34
    definately Michael Ricketts and heres another Boro bum Phil Stamp but how about Mark Lawrenson.never rated him at all along with Andy Townsend...
  9. 20 Feb '07 23:29
    Rio Ferdinand - the most over rated centre-half ever to play for england or anyone else for that matter.
  10. Standard member Esoteric
    Cognitive Junta
    21 Feb '07 04:50
    Wayne Rooney
    Allesandro Del Piero
    David Beckham
  11. 21 Feb '07 08:07
    Originally posted by Cityblue
    Carlton Palmer

    Hoe did that muppet win so many international caps??
    (and he played for Weds!!!!)
    Absolutely agree!

    No skill... and I once saw him trying to park his Mercedes in an hotel car-park, he had about half a dozen attempts, couldn't manage it and finally went and parked 400 yards from the hotel!!!

    When he walked past me I just laughed at him and shook my head!
  12. 21 Feb '07 08:09
    Originally posted by Cityblue
    [b]A few more for contemplation:

    Steve Bruce and Gary Pallister (Utd would have conceded loads without Schmeichal)
    Difference of opinion here CityBlue...

    I always thought that Pally and Bruce were decent, and that Schmeichal was the over-rated one!
  13. 21 Feb '07 08:10
    Originally posted by Rookscarer
    definately Michael Ricketts and heres another Boro bum Phil Stamp but how about Mark Lawrenson.never rated him at all along with Andy Townsend...
    It was a toss up between Lawro and Hansen for me! Both were over-rated though...
  14. 21 Feb '07 08:10
    Originally posted by SALADIN
    Rio Ferdinand - the most over rated centre-half ever to play for england or anyone else for that matter.
    Spot on!
  15. 21 Feb '07 08:11
    Originally posted by GinoJ
    Alan Smith [edit] and Juan Sebastian Veron.
    I agree with Veron.... which Smithy do you mean? ex Arsenal or ex L**ds (now ManYoo)?