1. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    07 Oct '07 02:30
    I really think I hate Lou Piniella.. he was a total whiner at Tampa Bay, and didn't do anything there.. now look at the Cubs, who were so promising toward the end of the season, shame! 😞
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    07 Oct '07 03:36
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    I really think I hate Lou Piniella.. he was a total whiner at Tampa Bay, and didn't do anything there.. now look at the Cubs, who were so promising toward the end of the season, shame! 😞
    That's it, they are dead. Fear the Rockies, up 1-0 in the 6th right now and their magic number is one.

P-
  3. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Moves
    07 Oct '07 04:14
    :'(
  4. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    07 Oct '07 04:45
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    That's it, they are dead. Fear the Rockies, up 1-0 in the 6th right now and their magic number is one.

P-
    2-1 Rockies in 9th, I thought Phils would bounce back, but alas, no.

I like to root for underdogs, but SOX are looking very strong and prevalent here... Funny how just not very long ago there was a story about how Sox couldn't win the big one. I think they're poised this year Phlabbibiddidibbit.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Oct '07 04:591 edit

I like to root for underdogs, but SOX are looking very strong and prevalent here... Funny how just not very long ago there was a story about how Sox couldn't win the big one. I think they're poised this year Phlabbibiddidibbit.
    The Sox could not win the big one? Perhaps on equal footing financially with other teams they are incapable of winning a world championship but with the money they shell out for players a monkey could win year after year after year after year. Really, the Yankees and the Red Sox spend the most of any ball clubs in MLB. In fact, the Yankees spend more on their pitching staff than the Devil Rays spend on their entire team!! What people should be asking is how teams like the Yankees and Red Sox are kept from winning the World Series year after year after year. It seems all they can do is buy a play off birth, not a world title. I only pray that the Indains can knock off the Red Sox. What a miracle that would be!!
  6. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    07 Oct '07 05:09
    I actually agree with you whodey.. salary caps, and more fairness to small markets should be the rule. Teams like Kansas City, Pittsburgh, and Tampa Bay don't have a chance with their profit margin to lure good enough players.

Yankees, best team money can buy!!! Look how many ex-Marlins players are now on RedSox/Yankee teams, because of how the Marlins won two championships last 10 years.
  7. Joined
    03 Mar '07
    Moves
    07 Oct '07 06:31
    Piniella is a winner. Not a whiner. He whined in Tampa Bay for good reason. When the team is spending less on its total payroll than some single players make then the reason for losing isnt the coach its the ownership's fault. Its hard to win against teams when your payroll is 50m max and their payroll is almost triple that. Piniella turned the Seattle franchise around and we actually enjoyed a good run of winning seasons when he was here. As soon as he left what happened? We started losing again. And we were losing before he came here... I somehow dont think that is a coincidence
  8. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    07 Oct '07 12:32

I hope you are right, but the Indians do and have scared me... and the Yanks are not dead yet. I picked them to win in 5, and that's the only way they are going to do it.

Money doesn't win the World Series every year, or the Yanks would have more than 26 and the Sox would have got more than one in the past 90 or so years. I guess it gets you to the playoffs often enough.

I find it amazing that Diamondbacks and Marlins have won the series so soon, while the cubs have been trying 100 years~!

P-
  9. Standard memberChaswray
    NUTTING BUSTER
    Baseball Purgatory
    Moves
    07 Oct '07 12:46
    Since we're talking money, does anyone else find it atrocious that PayRod is making $27,708,525 and is hitless so far in this post season!?

His career post season batting stats....37 hits in 144 at bats for a .257 average. Way to show up PayRod. Take your bat for hire and go play in Japan. There's some "real" ballplayers spinning in their graves over your mockery of the game!!!
  10. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    07 Oct '07 13:44
    Originally posted by Chaswray
    Since we're talking money, does anyone else find it atrocious that PayRod is making $27,708,525 and is hitless so far in this post season!?

His career post season batting stats....37 hits in 144 at bats for a .257 average. Way to show up PayRod. Take your bat for hire and go play in Japan. There's some "real" ballplayers spinning in their graves over your mockery of the game!!!
    The Yanks wouldn't even BE in the playoffs if it were not for his regular season. I hope Yankee fan starts hating him again... better chance of the Sox getting him.

I hate him in a Yankee uniform... but with a simple change of laundry...

P-
  11. Standard memberChaswray
    NUTTING BUSTER
    Baseball Purgatory
    Moves
    07 Oct '07 13:56
    The Yanks wouldn't even BE in the playoffs if it were not for his regular season. I hope Yankee fan starts hating him again... better chance of the Sox getting him.

I hate him in a Yankee uniform... but with a simple change of laundry...

P-
    Maybe, maybe not...but the simple fact is that he's done nothing in the playoffs. The other 162 games are meaningless if you don't win the playoff. Just ask the Cubs and Phillies. For that kind of money he should be carrying the Yankees to a 3 game sweep.

Why would you want him in a Sox uni? You want your heart broken every year........again!🙂?
  12. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    07 Oct '07 14:29
    Maybe, maybe not...but the simple fact is that he's done nothing in the playoffs. The other 162 games are meaningless if you don't win the playoff. Just ask the Cubs and Phillies. For that kind of money he should be carrying the Yankees to a 3 game sweep.

Why would you want him in a Sox uni? You want your heart broken every year........again!🙂?
    Yankee fan and team mates make the guy grip in the playoffs. Sox are more relaxed and fun loving team than the business-like Yanks. Plus he might even get to play his regular position (short stop) for the Sox where Jeeter was left there just for poops and giggles. A-Rod is a far better SS than Jeeter, and Jeeter would have been a far better team mate and captain if he asked to take the slide over to third base.

If ManRam vanished this year, and A-Rod came to the Sox... I'd be very happy. Too many times ManRam shut it down when he was needed... but the other side of the coin is his walk-off homer the other evening. That was sweet, but I think the Sox can let him go now.

P-
  13. Standard memberChaswray
    NUTTING BUSTER
    Baseball Purgatory
    Moves
    07 Oct '07 14:36
    Yankee fan and team mates make the guy grip in the playoffs. Sox are more relaxed and fun loving team than the business-like Yanks. Plus he might even get to play his regular position (short stop) for the Sox where Jeeter was left there just for poops and giggles. A-Rod is a far better SS than Jeeter, and Jeeter would have been a far better team mate an ...[text shortened]... alk-off homer the other evening. That was sweet, but I think the Sox can let him go now.

P-
    LOL....OK, I'll take ManRam for the Pirates, (like that's gonna' happen 🙁) and you can have PayRod! We'll both be happy🙂
  14. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    07 Oct '07 16:37
    LOL....OK, I'll take ManRam for the Pirates, (like that's gonna' happen 🙁) and you can have PayRod! We'll both be happy🙂
    Actually, in that scenario, I think only Phlabby would be happy. A-Rod is the best pure hitter in the game today...period. He is followed closely by Albert Pujols. Manny Ramirez has talent, but his heart is all to often lacking.
  15. Standard memberDutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Oct '07 22:57
    If Cleveland wins today, each series got swept.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree