1. 6yd box
    Moves
    24 Nov '08 19:58
    [i]Originally posted by Ragnorak[/ quick search reveals that the For United youth players, off the top of my head...
    1. Beckham (AC Milan, and ex Real Madrid)
    2. Butt (Newcastle)
    3. Rossi (Villareal and Italy)
    4. Jonathan Greening (WBA)
    5. Phil Neville (Everton)
    6. Bardsley (Sunderland)
    7. Richardson (Sunderland)
    8. Healy (Sunderland & record breaker with ...[text shortened]... . Danny Pugh (Stoke)
    13. Shawcross (Stoke)
    14. Nevland (Fulham)
    15. Higginbottom (Stoke)

D[/b]
    did'nt Pique start at Barcelona...before coming to MU and then got sold to Barcelona?
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    24 Nov '08 21:18
    Originally posted by spurs73
    BENTLEY PLAYS FOR SPURS not Blackburn
    The Arsenal list I lifted from a website. It also had James Harper on it, but I spotted that datedness.

D
  3. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    24 Nov '08 21:211 edit
    Originally posted by spurs73
    did'nt Pique start at Barcelona...before coming to MU and then got sold to Barcelona?
    Correct.

Palynka's list included players who Porto bought young, eg: Anderson, so I presumed the list was in reference to Seitse's "C'mon, Wenger may be all you say, but nobody spots and develops young talent as he does.".

Pique was bought at 17 and sold at 21. Unfortunately, he didn't get much of a luck in due to the huge numbers contesting his positions, ie: Vidic, Ferdinand and Brown in centre half, and Fletcher, Carrick, Anderson and Hargreaves in centre midfield.

I admire Ferguson for letting obvious talents go when they want first team football and won't get it for the foreseeable future at United. I think that if, as a player, you treat him well, he'll look after you. Having said that, Rossi should have been kept, and I can see us re-signing him again some time in the future. Watch out for him tomorrow night.

D
  4. Standard memberFleabitten
    Love thy bobblehead
    Moves
    24 Nov '08 22:40
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Can anybody put up a good argument as to why Phil Brown isn't the automatic choice, at this stage?

D
    Without having read any other replies to sway me, Phil Brown would be my choice, too. I only hope they won't go the road of Reading and regress after an initial season of promise.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree