1. where angels play
    Moves
    02 Dec '08 16:27
    Originally posted by trev33
    i didn't watch the game but i feel sorry for torres and keane....in any of the other top 4 teams they'd be scoring goals for fun with the amount of chances created.....0-0 draws at home to fulham and west ham simply are not good enough if they want to win the league and they deserved to be booed imo.
    No team deserves to be booed of the pitch in my opinion, you get behind your team NO MATTER WOT.
    I was sat in the anfield road end last night and was disgusted to hear idiots around me doing this. I would possibly put it down to the "football tourists" that seem to populate anfield at a lot of minor league games, and early round european matches.
    This kind of "support" seems to have increased since around the 2005 season and is getting worse. As far as im concerned they can all f*** off and support the team up the M62, where im sure their euros and chants of "who are ya, who are ya" will be greatly appreciated.
    We are top of the league coming into December, ask any Liverpool fan who has supported the team for more than 10 years if they would have taken that at the start of the season and they would have been more than happy.
    We are not scoring like we should be at the moment but if this is are blip for the season then i will take it.
    Dont see anybody on here slagging off Chelsea because they drew at home to Newcastle and got beat by Arsenal and Burnley?
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    02 Dec '08 17:05
    Originally posted by sally cinnamon
    No team deserves to be booed of the pitch in my opinion, you get behind your team NO MATTER WOT.
    I was sat in the anfield road end last night and was disgusted to hear idiots around me doing this. I would possibly put it down to the "football tourists" that seem to populate anfield at a lot of minor league games, and early round european matches.
    ...[text shortened]... ng off Chelsea because they drew at home to Newcastle and got beat by Arsenal and Burnley?
    they're not slagging off chelsea because they were one offs, burnley in the league cup doesn't matter, the game against newcastle was a freak, any other day they'd have scored a couple and at home to arsenal although they didn't create much after arsenals first they where looking like the better team before it and it was offside. no one can complain about the way that chelsea have played this season, imo they've been more entertaining this year than in any other year they where challenging for the title.

liverpool on the other hand play the worst type of football out of the top 5 (yes i said 5) yes they where booing for the result but would they have been booing if they where entertained? no. yes they're top of the league but look back at how they got their, boro springs to mind....it doesn't exactly install a lot of confidence for staying their, does it? i'm not a liverpool fan but if i was i'd be so frustrated at not only not winning the league for 20 odd years but simply for the close your eyes hoft the ball upfield and hope for the best mentality rafa has injected into the team. it might be good enough for the cups but over 38 league games they'll slip up too many times. i wouldn't be booing myself but i can see why others are.

liverpool are not worthy of leading the prem.
  3. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    02 Dec '08 17:08
    ...[text shortened]... ng off Chelsea because they drew at home to Newcastle and got beat by Arsenal and Burnley?
    Bloody foreigners! 😵
  4. Standard memberFleabitten
    Love thy bobblehead
    Moves
    02 Dec '08 17:11
    The only exception I would give to this sentiment is if a team or individual were not giving an honest effort. I can accept my teams losing, or not playing well, so long as they're giving it all that they have.
  5. where angels play
    Moves
    02 Dec '08 17:56

liverpool are not worthy of leading the prem.
    How do you figure that?
    Its quite simple really, we have more points than any other team, last time i looked that makes you worthy of it.
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    02 Dec '08 18:07
    How do you figure that?
    Its quite simple really, we have more points than any other team, last time i looked that makes you worthy of it.
    lets just say liverpool have used up their luck for the season and will soon fall down to where they belong.
  7. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    02 Dec '08 19:40
    How do you figure that?
    anyway where's your predictions?
  8. where angels play
    Moves
    02 Dec '08 19:44
    lets just say liverpool have used up their luck for the season and will soon fall down to where they belong.
    So when Mourinho was winning leagues at Chelsea banging the ball up to Drogba, winning games 1-0, you dont think they were worthy winners?

Winning is everything, bar nothing. You can try and play attractive football, but at the end of the day it means nothing if you lose, look at Arsenal.

Getting rid of Mourinho was the worst thing Chelsea have ever done, yes he was an arrogant git, but the man is a born winner, and he knew at the end of the day thats all that matters.

Who really gives s*** about the performance as long as we win, thats the reason i go to Anfield, to watch us win, if we do that i go away with a smile on my face. The Idiots that boo during or at the end of the games are f*****g clowns.

The most important thing is we are top of the league coming into the Christmas period. We are their despite not playing our best football, and historically we always do a lot better in the second half of the season. Call it luck if you like, call it what ever you want, i really couldnt give a s*** we are top, and at worst if we did lose a few, the sad blurts that were booing last night and at the Fulham game, might just f*** off and join you at the Britannia, watching Rory Delap throwing the ball 40 yards into the box at every given opportunity. Now thats entertainment.
  9. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    02 Dec '08 19:54
    The most important thing is we are top of the league coming into the Christmas period. We are their despite not playing our best football, and historically we always do a lot better in the second half of the season.
    The Christmas period often sorts the men from the boys. I'd be surprised if Liverpool were still top by NY.

I don't know how you can say that the 'Pool aren't playing their best football. It's the same old HHH&H football ye always play, except these days you are getting results.

Also, Torres' hamstring will cost ye over the season. For an exceptionally fast player like Torres, I'd be surprised if he doesn't miss more games this season with it.

As an aside, why is it that the media concentrate on Chelsea's injury problems, practically ignoring United's? The same thing that happened last season is happening again. United are without the best English right back in the country, the best English holding midfielder in the country, the best English midfielder in the country and the best player in Europe this season has missed a couple of months of the season.

Yet all I hear about is Chelsea's problems?

D
  10. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    02 Dec '08 20:49
    So when Mourinho was winning leagues at Chelsea banging the ball up to Drogba, winning games 1-0, you dont think they were worthy winners?

Winning is everything, bar nothing. You can try and play attractive football, but at the end of the day it means nothing if you lose, look at Arsenal.

Getting rid of Mourinho was the worst thing Chelsea have ...[text shortened]... lap throwing the ball 40 yards into the box at every given opportunity. Now thats entertainment.
    chelsea where never as boring to watch than liverpool are now and have been for years. watching a 2 min mourinho interview is more entertaining than watching liverpool play at home....i'd rather be a season ticket holder at arsenal than liverpool. they might slip up away to the little teams...and stoke but when they click its beautiful to watch.

poor performance might get you a couple of lucky results but sooner or later it will start to result in 0-0 draws at home to relegation threatened clubs. does that win you leagues? has a team ever won a league playing badly in most of their games? and will they ever? no, no and i really doubt it.

go and compare liverpool and stokes home records if you want to talk about performance and results 😉
  11. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    03 Dec '08 08:571 edit
    You're not good enough to top the prem ...

Oh! Erm ... well you don't deserve to be ....

and you won't stay there.

Lots of chippy ManU fans with squeaky bums already. Reminds me of 91-92 when Liverpool fell apart and ManU started to look like serious title contenders. I supported Leeds almost as much as Liverpool that year, desperate for them to stop Utd winning the league. They did, but the inevitable happened the following season. I wonder whether Utd fans would actively support their cockney cousins Chelsea if they (Utd) were to slip too far back?
  12. LA
    Moves
    03 Dec '08 09:25
    Originally posted by Angry Boy

Lots of chippy ManU fans with squeaky bums already. Reminds me of 91-92 when Liverpool fell apart and ManU started to look like serious title contenders. I supported Leeds almost as much as Liverpool that year, desperate for them to s ...[text shortened]... would actively support their cockney cousins Chelsea if they (Utd) were to slip too far back?
    Well I'm a hard core United fan and if you asked me today who do I think will win the league I'd say United but i'm not sure.

But because Liverpool are top I want Chelsea to win every game (no matter what United do) until Liverpool fall away from the top of the league and we don't need to worry about them anymore.

If you said to me today, the league is Chelsea's if you say so, I'd say give it to them, I'll wait until next season, anything but a Liverpool title win.
  13. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    03 Dec '08 19:53
    Originally posted by Angry Boy

Lots of chippy ManU fans with squeaky bums already. Reminds me of 91-92 when Liverpool fell apart and ManU started to look like serious title contenders. I supported Leeds almost as much as Liverpool that year, desperate for them to s ...[text shortened]... would actively support their cockney cousins Chelsea if they (Utd) were to slip too far back?
    no man utd fan will ever EVER want liverpool to win the league. given a choice between anyone in the prem and liverpool it would be a no contest every time. including if leeds where ever to get back up.
  14. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    14 Dec '08 18:00
    1. Aston Villa
    ------
    12. Liverpool
    13. Chelsea
    14. Man U
    15. Arsenal
    ------
    132. Blackburn
  15. Joined
    13 Aug '08
    Moves
    17 Dec '08 23:341 edit
    1Man u
    2arsenal
    3liverpool
    4chelsea
    5man city
    6aston villa
    7everton

17totnem
    18wigan
    19stoke
    20sunderland

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree