Premiership predictions

Premiership predictions

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ROa
Always a Red

LA

Moves
14 Aug 07

Originally posted by Angry Boy
He wasn't on a yellow, he didn't raise his hands and therefore was involved in a "fight".

So yes, you are wrong.

Completely.

Again.
OK, if he wasn't on a yellow I believe you.
Strange though, I though he was and asked my mate who was watching it with me (a liverpool supporter) and he also said that Pennant was on a yellow, but I'm sure your right.

He definately should of got a yellow for his aggressive behaviour even though he was provoked.
All players should get yellow carded when acting aggresively, its the only way to stop it.

Also I'm not afraid to admit when I'm wrong, I'm often wrong.
I though Manchester United would win the treble last season, but didn't predict 3 of our 4 normal back 4 would be out against AC Milan.

So just had to settle for United being crowned champions.

Liverpool though are champions as well, check out this link to see how Liverpool are the champions of how to get it wrong, so funny!

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2031397547

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
14 Aug 07

Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
I did watch the Liverpool game and have to say its more of the same.
Liverpool are still completely relient on Gerrard.
The second half was very dull, Liverpool are still at least 20 points off the pace and like I thought Torres is a 10 goal a season player. His reputation in Spain was to miss the easy ones and score the hard ones.
Exactly NOT ...[text shortened]... y say thay I'm more of a supporter than 90% of the people that post on this sports site.
I didn't watch the Chelsea game, only seen the highlights.
Its horrible watching them its like watching Liverpool of the 70's, so dull, and eventually they get an odd goal to win.

I doubt you've even seen the highlights. The game was everything but dull and the "odd goal" they needed to win was their third. Chelsea played much more attractive football than last season and from what I'm reading from you, it seems like a re-run of last season's opinions.

I don't doubt you're a big supporter of your club, what I doubt is your ability to see the games objectively. Everybody has a bias if they love the club, but that doesn't mean that the bias is proportional to the love of your club.

s

6yd box

Moves
14 Aug 07
1 edit

...... Gerrard would make the bench though and even may get a fair share of games challenging Scholes for his place....
ARE YOU SERIOUS?🙄

ROa
Always a Red

LA

Moves
15 Aug 07

Originally posted by Palynka
[b]I didn't watch the Chelsea game, only seen the highlights.
Its horrible watching them its like watching Liverpool of the 70's, so dull, and eventually they get an odd goal to win.

I doubt you've even seen the highlights. The game was everything but dull and the "odd goal" they needed to win was their third. Chelsea played much more attractive foot ...[text shortened]... he club, but that doesn't mean that the bias is proportional to the love of your club.[/b]
Like I said I've only seen the highlights, maybe they played great attractive football, maybe they did not.

I saw Chelsea play in the Charity Shield last week and they were dull.
I saw Chelsea play in FA Cup final and they were dull.
They were very dull most of last season, very narrow, no wing play.
They only seemed to play fairly attractive football last season when Robben or JCole played and that was not often.

I actually think Chelsea played very attractive football when Duff played on the left and Roben on the right.

When Ballack and Schevchenko joined the new formation may have been solid but just about every game I saw them play with Ballack and Lampard in the centre was dull, dull, dull.

Not as dull as Liverpool though!

ROa
Always a Red

LA

Moves
15 Aug 07

Originally posted by spurs73
ARE YOU SERIOUS?🙄
Yes, Gerrard is the only Liverpool player who could get in Manchester Uniteds 17 man squad.

Gerrard would only challenge for Scholes position as the attacking midfielder.
As I said sometimes Scholes would get the pick sometimes Gerrard.
Do you think Gerrard is so much better than Scholes and would fit into Uniteds attacking style of play every game ahead of Scholes?
Many pundits and players had Scholes nominated as player of the year last season.

Would you pick Gerrard ahead of Ronaldo on the right?
Would you pick Gerrard ahead of Giggs or Nani on the left?
Would you play Gerrard in the hole ahead of Rooney or Tevez?
Would you play Gerrard in a holding midfield position in front of defense ahead of Hargreaves?

btw whats happened at Tottenham?
I thought they would have a great season and maybe break into the top 4, but now.....

AB

Moves
15 Aug 07
1 edit

Yes, Gerrard is the only Liverpool player who could get in Manchester Uniteds 17 man squad.

Gerrard would only challenge for Scholes position as the attacking midfielder.
As I said sometimes Scholes would get the pick sometimes Gerrard.
Do you think Gerrard is so much better than Scholes and would fit into Uniteds attacking style of play ever ...[text shortened]... ottenham?
I thought they would have a great season and maybe break into the top 4, but now.....
Reina > Van der Sar
Finnan = Neville
Riise = Evra
Carragher > Vidic
Agger < Ferdinand
Gerrard > Ronaldo
Alonso < Scholes
Mascherano > Carrick (or Hargreaves)
Kewell < Giggs
Torres = Tevez
Kuyt < Rooney

I'd say it was pretty even actually.

As for Spurs, I offered you a bet on them (and Man City & Newcastle!!!!) finishing higher than LFC, I take it you're not going to back up your, now obvious, wind up?

d

Moves
15 Aug 07

Originally posted by dicky
Top Five
Arsenal
Man Utd
Liverpool
Chelsea
Newcastle

Bottom Three
Fulham
Birmingham
Derby

Top Scorer
Robin Van Persie

1st to be sacked
Martin Jol
I don't want to say I told you so,,,,but Jol's a gonner,,,,,thank god not a Gooner... he he...
Spurs for the drop???????

Hope so....

C
Moonchester

Blue Moon

Moves
15 Aug 07

I don't want to say I told you so,,,,but Jol's a gonner,,,,,thank god not a Gooner... he he...
Spurs for the drop???????

Hope so....
Would love them to go down 😀

£40 million well spent it seems, hahahahahaaa

d

Moves
15 Aug 07

Originally posted by Cityblue

Did you post any predictions??????

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
15 Aug 07

Originally posted by Angry Boy
Reina > Van der Sar
Finnan = Neville
Riise = Evra
Carragher > Vidic
Agger < Ferdinand
Gerrard > Ronaldo
Alonso < Scholes
Mascherano > Carrick (or Hargreaves)
Kewell < Giggs
Torres = Tevez
Kuyt < Rooney

I'd say it was pretty even actually.

As for Spurs, I offered you a bet on them (and Man City & Newcastle!!!!) finishing higher than LFC, I take it you're not going to back up your, now obvious, wind up?
It's all in your choice of pairings

Reina = VDS
Finnan = Neville (although I'd say the Neviller edges it)
Riise = Evra
Carragher < Ferdinand
Agger < Vidic
Mascherano > Carrick
Gerrard < Ronaldo
Alonso < Scholes
Kewell < Giggs
Torres < Rooney
Kuyt < Tevez

s

6yd box

Moves
15 Aug 07

Originally posted by Cityblue

O please.. after only 2 games.... lets hope the 30m that erricckspn spend on players he watched on video.. can pull it of on sunday against man U😲

s

6yd box

Moves
15 Aug 07

btw whats happened at Tottenham?
I thought they would have a great season and maybe break into the top 4, but now.....[/b]
ofcourse they have had a BAD start, but give it another 4 weeks, when dawson, King, Bale and lannon all come back.

The midfield is very weak, they are not creating any chanches for the forwords to score. Jol needs to sort something out.

d

Moves
15 Aug 07

Originally posted by spurs73
O please.. after only 2 games.... lets hope the 30m that erricckspn spend on players he watched on video.. can pull it of on sunday against man U😲
Overpayed underacheiving stars.... seriously spurs for the drop this year... distinct lack of world class players..

Martin Jol 1st premiership manager to go william hill 9/1 cracking bet.

Derby at home saturday....tough one.

s

6yd box

Moves
15 Aug 07

Overpayed underacheiving stars.... seriously spurs for the drop this year... distinct lack of world class players..

Martin Jol 1st premiership manager to go william hill 9/1 cracking bet.

Derby at home saturday....tough one.
that is indeed tough one. If they (spurs) dont get 3 points against derby, the knives will all be out for Jol

E
YNWA

Moves
15 Aug 07

Originally posted by Palynka

Carragher < Ferdinand
Do they have the 'greater than' and 'less than' symbols the wrong way round on Portugese keyboards?