1. Subscriberscoop122
    scoop122
    Southport
    Moves
    06 Nov '09 00:04
    http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=249365.0

hopefully to dispel some of the urban myths about rafa and his signings.
    not trying to be controversial. would be great to see a list from sir alex but what struck me was how many times he has sold for a profit..even Djimi Traore !
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    06 Nov '09 12:56
    Originally posted by scoop122
    http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=249365.0

hopefully to dispel some of the urban myths about rafa and his signings.
    not trying to be controversial. would be great to see a list from sir alex but what struck me was how many times he has sold for a profit..even Djimi Traore !
    In a time of spiralling transfer fees, of course players are going to be sold for a profit.

It's amazing, reading through that list how many 1-4m players Benitez has bought who he has been unable to progress, and bring through to be an established first team player. There's no sign of a Denis Irwin, Eric Cantona, Solskjaer or Schmeichal: players bought for pennies and who went on to become legends for their team.

I think, looking at net spending in the same time frame, Benitez has spent a relative fortune when compared to Manchester United or Arsenal. He shouldn't have compiled such a team of poor players, who will do well to finish above mid-table this season.

D
  3. Standard memberasromacalcio
    asromacalcio
    Almaty, Kazakhstan
    Moves
    08 Nov '09 06:20
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    In a time of spiralling transfer fees, of course players are going to be sold for a profit.

It's amazing, reading through that list how many 1-4m players Benitez has bought who he has been unable to progress, and bring through to be an established first team player. There's no sign of a Denis Irwin, Eric Cantona, Solskjaer or Schmeichal: players bought ...[text shortened]... led such a team of poor players, who will do well to finish above mid-table this season.

D
    I don't rate Benitez, although he has clearly done some very impressive stuff. If Liverpool are the power they say they are, surely they should be doing better.
  4. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    08 Nov '09 16:25
    I do like the Twinkies trading for JJ Hardy. they had a glut at OF and although Gomex has lots of promise and may end up being the best CF of his day, we needed the pop if Hardy can get it back together.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree