1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Oct '09 21:07
    Vs. Man Utd tomorrow...

Losing to Man Utd, (even at home) would not normally be signal for the CVs to start flowing into Anfield.

Fergie is winding Owen up to fever pitch, Rafa's bound to play the wrong tactics...

What you reckon, game over for him if they lose?
  2. Standard memberFleabitten
    Love thy bobblehead
    Moves
    24 Oct '09 21:49
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Vs. Man Utd tomorrow...

Losing to Man Utd, (even at home) would not normally be signal for the CVs to start flowing into Anfield.

Fergie is winding Owen up to fever pitch, Rafa's bound to play the wrong tactics...

Doubtful. A commentator (I can't remember which) made an interesting point on this very subject today. It appears that it would cost Gillett & Co. 20 million pounds in severance to show Rafa the door. Considering the thinness of the squad, would the owners be willing to risk 20M and possibly still find themselves in a tenuous position for CL qualification six months from now?
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    24 Oct '09 21:57
    Originally posted by Fleabitten
    Doubtful. A commentator (I can't remember which) made an interesting point on this very subject today. It appears that it would cost Gillett & Co. 20 million pounds in severance to show Rafa the door. Considering the thinness of the squad, would the owners be willing to risk 20M and possibly still find themselves in a tenuous position for CL qualification six months from now?
    that's 13m.

i have a feeling, they will beat utd tomorrow 😞
  4. Standard memberFleabitten
    Love thy bobblehead
    Moves
    24 Oct '09 22:041 edit
    Originally posted by trev33
    that's 13m.

Okay, I was going off the commentator, so if you're saying 13m, I won't argue. Either way, it's still a substantial amount that has to be factored into the decision-making.

And Man U beats Pool tomorrow with a goal in the 14th minute of stoppage time. 😛

Edit: Sorry, forgot they were playing at Anfield. Make that the 8th minute of stopage time.
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    24 Oct '09 23:56
    Originally posted by Fleabitten
    Okay, I was going off the commentator, so if you're saying 13m, I won't argue. Either way, it's still a substantial amount that has to be factored into the decision-making.

And Man U beats Pool tomorrow with a goal in the 14th minute of stoppage time. 😛

Edit: Sorry, forgot they were playing at Anfield. Make that the 8th minute of stopage time.
    only the poo know the exact number... i can't imagine it being being over 10m tbh.

i hope so 🙂
  6. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    25 Oct '09 16:01
    Guess not.
  7. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    25 Oct '09 17:17
    Originally posted by trev33
    that's 13m.

HAA HAAAA HAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😵😵😵😵😵
  8. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    25 Oct '09 20:42
    Love it, just love it to pawn the phrase from Maradona.........Suck it...and keep sucking!!!!
  9. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    25 Oct '09 20:45
    Originally posted by ElleEffSeee
    HAA HAAAA HAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😵😵😵😵😵
    i forgot to add in the vidic red card that seems inevitable when the poo beat utd 😞

feckin poo fans that we hadn't seen for ages coming onto the forum after a good win. 😛

how's in going elle?
  10. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    26 Oct '09 20:28
    Hi Trev, yeah not bad thanks very much. Yourself?

No question that Rafa is The Man. He's been in trouble a few times before and always come out good. The team have phenomenal spirit when their backs are against the wall, and I'd put money on LFC winning away at Lyon next week 😏
  11. 6yd box
    Moves
    27 Oct '09 16:22
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Vs. Man Utd tomorrow...

DIVEGEESTER- u gone very quite...any reason why?
  12. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    27 Oct '09 23:58
    Originally posted by ElleEffSeee
    Hi Trev, yeah not bad thanks very much. Yourself?

No question that Rafa is The Man. He's been in trouble a few times before and always come out good. The team have phenomenal spirit when their backs are against the wall, and I'd put money on LFC winning away at Lyon next week 😏
    still breathing, always a good sign 😉

hopefully he will stay in charge of liverpoo for a very long time because he hasn't got a chance of winning the pl. beat utd and chelsea twice last year in the league bu only finishes 3rd... i'm sure they'll at least get a point in lyon.
  13. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    04 Nov '09 21:53
    Liverpool's season already over in the beginning of November?
  14. In your face
    Moves
    04 Nov '09 22:30
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Liverpool's season already over in the beginning of November?
    It's only just begun. They still have the FA cup and CL to drop out of. They have a long, drawn out fight for the last spot in the UEFA cup next season, too!
  15. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    04 Nov '09 22:41
    Originally posted by jimslyp69
    It's only just begun. They still have the FA cup and CL to drop out of. They have a long, drawn out fight for the last spot in the UEFA cup next season, too!
    CL looks already a mirage, but I was forgetting about the Europa League.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree