1. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    01 Nov '10 19:271 edit
    Where will he end up next?

Darv's best bet - SD Chargers

If all other 31 teams pass up on him, I bet he'll go back to the Pats, at which point we should all admit how much of a genius Bill Belichick is.
  2. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    01 Nov '10 22:15
    Originally posted by darvlay

If all other 31 teams pass up on him, I bet he'll go back to the Pats, at which point we should all admit how much of a genius Bill Belichick is.
    Moss is lockerroom cancer extraordinaire. Pat's might take him for the salary minimum, but he's not worth the internal dissension and strife he brings as baggage.
  3. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    02 Nov '10 02:01
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Moss is lockerroom cancer extraordinaire. Pat's might take him for the salary minimum, but he's not worth the internal dissension and strife he brings as baggage.
    I cant remember the exact game, but it came last year (I believe) after he had been sent home for being late for a meeting where he was dropping easy to catch passes and showing absolutely no enthusiasm, and it occured to me at the time, somewhere in those stands there are a few kids who are probably only going to get to go to one NFL game in their entire lives, and they have to watch this guy who is being paid millions a year in pout mode stinking up the game. If Moss had the right attitude he might have been the best ever, what a great talent going to waste.
  4. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    02 Nov '10 02:51
    Originally posted by Bobla45
    I cant remember the exact game, but it came last year (I believe) after he had been sent home for being late for a meeting where he was dropping easy to catch passes and showing absolutely no enthusiasm, and it occured to me at the time, somewhere in those stands there are a few kids who are probably only going to get to go to one NFL game in their entire li ...[text shortened]... oss had the right attitude he might have been the best ever, what a great talent going to waste.
    Very aptly put! I remember Moss stepping over a helpless defender to get back on the field instead of walking around him. How about the incident where he dragged a female cop on the hood of his car in Minn.? I would not want him on my team. The only time I've applauded Jerry Jones as a GM is passing on drafting the sorry SOB. However, nonw he drafted Moss light in Dez Bryant!
  5. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    02 Nov '10 13:18
    I would not want him on my team. The only time I've applauded Jerry Jones as a GM is passing on drafting the sorry SOB. However, nonw he drafted Moss light in Dez Bryant!
    Whether or not I would want him on my team now is one thing but saying Jones was wise to pass up on him in the draft in '98 is foolhardy and I'm sure Jerry Jones would agree.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Nov '10 13:57
    I think the Bungs need to pick up Randy. Can you just imagine Chinqo and TO and Randy on the same team? If nothing else, they could start one of those reality TV shows with the three of them since that orgainzation is beyond help in terms of winning.
  7. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    02 Nov '10 20:341 edit

Miami Dolphins could pick him up if he comes on the cheap for just this year.

Imagine the duo of Brandon Marshall and Randy Moss?
  8. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    02 Nov '10 22:391 edit
    Whether or not I would want him on my team now is one thing but saying Jones was wise to pass up on him in the draft in '98 is foolhardy and I'm sure Jerry Jones would agree.
    Nah! Jones got Greg Ellis. Solid if not spectacular and served team well for many, many years. This overpaid cancer even dissed a mom & pop restaurant (BBQ)who catered for the team recently loudly, obnoxiously and right in front of the owners. Called their food unfit for dogs. M&P were providing the food free and were doing it in support of the team. http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/106542573.html?elr=KArksUUUycaEacyU

Can you imagine this sorry dude behind closed doors? How many rings did he earn the teams he played on? Did you see him quit routes even in the early days? He's always been great against bad defenses, but folds under pressure. THanks, but no thanks. I applauded Jones for not drafting him and so did the local media! To this day I feel strongly it was the right thing to do!
  9. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    03 Nov '10 15:291 edit
    Nah! Jones got Greg Ellis. Solid if not spectacular and served team well for many, many years. This overpaid cancer even dissed a mom & pop restaurant (BBQ)who catered for the team recently loudly, obnoxiously and right in front of the owners. Called their food unfit for dogs. M&P were providing the food free and were doing it in support of the team. ht fting him and so did the local media! To this day I feel strongly it was the right thing to do!
    Jones does not think Moss would ever forgive him for not drafting him.

"I think that has been ingrained in him," Jones said in October. "I apologize, I apologize, I apologize. I don't believe that's going to do any good. He's too much of a competitor. He's a real competitor, and I've known all my life that when people say you can't do it or when people pass over you saying somebody else can do it, all that does is inspire you. We probably awoke a sleeping giant if it meant that much to him. Certainly, he's made us pay."

Jones: No. I'm assuming that if we'd taken Moss he would've been making the same plays now that we're watching him make, those game-breaking plays and out-manning those corners and using that speed to get by people and running under the ball. Seeing Moss do that helped me with the Terrell Owens decision. That did help me. They are players that have some of the same skills and some of the same attributes. Of course, Terrell didn't have to have an example of Moss to see what Terrell's positive are and brings to the team. So I think that's a stretch to say, 'I missed it that time, I'll get it right the second time.' I don't think that's the case. It's just Terrell lets us have a heck of a weapon.

Sounds to me like Jones isn't really applauding himself. And, really, who cares who the media applauds. Sports media is made up of a bunch of armchair experts who know jack about s__t.

The Vikings went on to have a 15-1 record in 1999 with one of the most exciting offenses in football history losing only one game by 3 pts. Randy Moss himself caught 3 touchdowns against those Cowboys on Thanksgiving. (Remember that?) He ended up catching 17 TDs in his rookie season. Still a record. The Vikings were hugely upset in OT in the NFC Championship finals to the Falcons.

In 1999, the Vikings beat the Cowboys in the Wild Card game 27-10. Randy Moss caught 5 balls for 128 yards and a TD including a 58 yarder to give the Vikings the lead in that game.

For the next 3 years, the Cowboys didn't get over 5 wins until Parcells came in and cleaned house.

Don't get me wrong, Ellis was a good player but he was nowhere near as impactful as Randy Moss. Clearly Randy punched his own ticket out of town this season, but the Patrios locker room has nothing but good things to say about Randy and vice versa. How can he be considered a cancer there?
  10. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    03 Nov '10 22:29
    [quote]Jones does not think Moss would ever forgive him for not drafting him.

"I think that has been ingrained in him," Jones said in October. "I apologize, I apologize, I apologize. I don't believe that's going to do any good. He's too much of a competitor. He's a real competitor, and I've known all my life that when people say you can't do it or when pe ...[text shortened]... about Randy and vice versa. How can he be considered a cancer there?
    Real simple. Show me the rings. Lots of players put up huge stats and all for naught. MOss will be the greatest non champion player. Since you seem to be all about the pure sports aspect of things think about this. When you have a miserable as a human being type teammate you might still win many games, but when crunch time comes around championships don't happen. You said it yourself. 15-1 as Viking and nothing to show for it. 16-0 as a Patriot and zippo. Look at the passion the Giants played with against a superior team on paper. The difference in both the Atlanta and Patriots loss was having prima donna Moss on the team. Four teams, no championships. He is whiney, an awful human being, full of himself and is all about me, me ,me like TO and Ochocinco. DEz Bryant is in the same league.
  11. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    04 Nov '10 13:25
    Real simple. Show me the rings. Lots of players put up huge stats and all for naught. MOss will be the greatest non champion player. Since you seem to be all about the pure sports aspect of things think about this. When you have a miserable as a human being type teammate you might still win many games, but when crunch time comes around championships don ...[text shortened]... of himself and is all about me, me ,me like TO and Ochocinco. DEz Bryant is in the same league.
    He got picked up by Tennessee
  12. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    04 Nov '10 14:57
    Real simple. Show me the rings. Lots of players put up huge stats and all for naught. MOss will be the greatest non champion player. Since you seem to be all about the pure sports aspect of things think about this. When you have a miserable as a human being type teammate you might still win many games, but when crunch time comes around championships don ...[text shortened]... of himself and is all about me, me ,me like TO and Ochocinco. DEz Bryant is in the same league.
    I think there's something about the position of WR that either attracts primadonnas or creates them. What is it?
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 Nov '10 15:58
    Originally posted by Bobla45
    He got picked up by Tennessee
    Doubt Jeff will tolerate any nonsense.
  14. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    04 Nov '10 17:18
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    I think there's something about the position of WR that either attracts primadonnas or creates them. What is it?
    It is not the position. It is the player. There are alot of athletes who think that they are first class citizens with special privileges.
  15. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    04 Nov '10 19:331 edit
    Originally posted by gambit3
    It is not the position. It is the player. There are alot of athletes who think that they are first class citizens with special privileges.
    And yet it seems like all of the real primadonna types end up at WR. My theory is that the WR position, more than any other position in football (except maybe kicker) can just drive you totally insane.

the typical WR might get 4 or 5 balls the entire game. The rest of the time, he's mostly just running patterns, trying to get open, and hoping the QB throws him the #$%&^ ball. I would imagine it could get very frustrating if you felt like you were open a lot of the time and almost never got a ball.

Running backs know they're going to get a certain number of carries - and if a running play is called, they KNOW they're getting the ball. Offensive linemen have someone to block on every play. The QB has the ball on every single play.

But the WR's job is usually to run the perfect route and get open for a really big play, and often everything will go perfectly except that for some reason the $%^&* QB is unable or unwilling to throw him the $%^&* ball. And if you're a great WR, it's very likely that you at least think you're open pretty much every single play.

And of course, if the WR does get open, and he does get a ball, maybe he drops the dang thing, and the whole stadium is booing him for costing their team a sure six points. If the running back has a bad run, it's 2nd and 9 and on to the next play. If a linesman misses a block, the fans often won't notice the culprit. If the QB throws a bad pass, he knows he can still complete the next one and get the first down. But if the star WR drops an important ball, it might be another 20 plays before he gets a chance to redeem himself - if that.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree