1. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    28 Apr '09 03:49
    Let's see...Oswalt goes 7 IP and gives up 1 run and 6 hits. The Reds owned him again. Oh wait, the Reds bullpen blew up, so I guess that means Roy O wins? I am confused by the definitions of "owning" a pitcher. So far that is 1 run the Reds have scratched off of Roy in 13 innings. Just so we are on the same page.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    28 Apr '09 17:58
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Let's see...Oswalt goes 7 IP and gives up 1 run and 6 hits. The Reds owned him again. Oh wait, the Reds bullpen blew up, so I guess that means Roy O wins? I am confused by the definitions of "owning" a pitcher. So far that is 1 run the Reds have scratched off of Roy in 13 innings. Just so we are on the same page.
    Too bad you didn't have the ballsz to take the 4 runs per 9 innings bet.

That said, the season ain't over; we were one decent swing away from routing Roy but EE took a pitiful half swing with the bases loaded after three hard hits by Nix, Votto and Phillips and an IBB to Bruce. I still think we'll get him good at some point in the season.
  3. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    28 Apr '09 18:521 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Too bad you didn't have the ballsz to take the 4 runs per 9 innings bet.

That said, the season ain't over; we were one decent swing away from routing Roy but EE took a pitiful half swing with the bases loaded after three hard hits by Nix, Votto and Phillips and an IBB to Bruce. I still think we'll get him good at some point in the season.
    Balls and brains should never be confused.

So far, the brains (mine) have shown to be precise and correct.
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    28 Apr '09 19:51
    Disappointed with "crowd" last night; after drawing 90,000 for the three weekend games with the Braves, only 12,000 and change showed up on a beautiful Monday night.

Another tough loss; Cueto pitched another great game, but we couldn't quite get Oswalt in the 7th. For the first time, Cordero had a really bad inning and gave up 3 in the ninth. On the plus side, Phillips had a long double and a couple of well struck balls and Gonzo had two hits, so maybe there's hope that the right handers will start producing (except for EE who was awful at the plate AGAIN and made another error in the field). Tonight would be a good place to start against the lefty Rodriguez who throttled us the first time he faced us to give the 'Stros their only win in the 4 game series in Houston.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Apr '09 23:532 edits
    Disappointed with "crowd" last night; after drawing 90,000 for the three weekend games with the Braves, only 12,000 and change showed up on a beautiful Monday night.

Another tough loss; Cueto pitched another great game, but we couldn't quite get Oswalt in the 7th. For the first time, Cordero had a really bad inning and gave up 3 in the e first time he faced us to give the 'Stros their only win in the 4 game series in Houston.
    The announcers said that Houston has something like a 10 game winning streak going at GABP. Amazing. I know now why Marty calls them the Astronomicals.

You know its not too late to go back to your beloved Yankees. I have followed this team through the worst loosing in its history and, even though things are getting better, it looks to continue to be a rough road. Do you think you could follow them another 10 + years playing sub .500 ball year after year? Granted, I hope it won't be that bad ever again but you never know.
  6. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    29 Apr '09 13:22
    Originally posted by whodey
    The announcers said that Houston has something like a 10 game winning streak going at GABP. Amazing. I know now why Marty calls them the Astronomicals.

You know its not too late to go back to your beloved Yankees. I have followed this team through the worst loosing in its history and, even though things are getting better, it looks to continue to be a r ...[text shortened]... .500 ball year after year? Granted, I hope it won't be that bad ever again but you never know.
    Did you hear the crowd chanting last night? They were chanting "Wandy...... Wandy........ Wandy!!"

Who loves your ballpark?....the Astros Baby!!
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Apr '09 14:561 edit
    Did you hear the crowd chanting last night? They were chanting "Wandy...... Wandy........ Wandy!!"

Who loves your ballpark?....the Astros Baby!!
    They should be ashamed of tearing down Riverfront Stadium which was home to the Big Red Machine. It serves them right for doing so. Gone is the stadium in which Reds fans had any good memories whatsoever.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Apr '09 02:08
    Initially, if they bring up Rosales I predict a fast start for him......that is until the pitching makes adjustments to him. Then once they do we will see if he can adjust to them. It is then and only then that you deserve to be in the Bigs.

What's frightening is that I hear Rosales is the only one hitting in AA. I wonder if that is the last hitting prospect they have for some time to come.[/b]
    As I predicted, Rosales is off to a fast start tonight scoring 2 of the Reds only 3 runs. Lets see how long it lasts until the ML pitching adjusts to him. I see no reason to bring EE back out EVER AGAIN unless Rosales falls flat on his face. All the boy has to do is field half way decently and hit over .200. I think even I could do that. LOL.
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    30 Apr '09 19:55
    As I predicted, Rosales is off to a fast start tonight scoring 2 of the Reds only 3 runs. Lets see how long it lasts until the ML pitching adjusts to him. I see no reason to bring EE back out EVER AGAIN unless Rosales falls flat on his face. All the boy has to do is field half way decently and hit over .200. I think even I could do that. LOL.
    Hitting MLB pitching isn't as easy as the casual fan thinks.

Volquez, our "weak link" in the rotation, throws a one-hitter through 8. Cordero goes 7 for 7 in save situations. A lot of hits, but quite a few missed opportunities. It's only one game, but Rosales looked like the real deal - a blast to the wall in his first AB, a solid single up the middle to drive in the first run, a SF and a walk. He also looks to have a gun for an arm.

Nix has been hitting and Dickerson not so much, so expect Nix in left against righties. Maybe Dickerson should be sent down.

EE has a fractured wrist, so he's going to be out a while (at least a month). I don't know I'd give up on him forever; he did hit 26 HRs last season and he's only 26 years old. He has been pretty awful so far this year though (including in the field).
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    01 May '09 21:30
    Attendance was pathetic for the Houston series; about 35,000 for three games. That's quite a disappointment after the weekend series with the Braves drew 90,000. I know it was a middle of the week series, but geez.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 May '09 22:45
    Attendance was pathetic for the Houston series; about 35,000 for three games. That's quite a disappointment after the weekend series with the Braves drew 90,000. I know it was a middle of the week series, but geez.
    Perhaps they should have a Rosales bobble head night?
  12. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    02 May '09 05:18
    Hitting MLB pitching isn't as easy as the casual fan thinks.

Volquez, our "weak link" in the rotation, throws a one-hitter through 8. Cordero goes 7 for 7 in save situations. A lot of hits, but quite a few missed opportunities. It's only one game, but Rosales looked like the real deal - a blast to the wall in his first AB, a solid single ...[text shortened]... 26 years old. He has been pretty awful so far this year though (including in the field).
    Maybe Codero is 7 for 7 in save situations, but he got rocked in a win situation.
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    02 May '09 19:11
    Maybe Codero is 7 for 7 in save situations, but he got rocked in a win situation.
    That seems to happen an inordinate amount of time to most closers. Still, one bad outing in a month ain't too bad.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 May '09 02:36
    I gotta say the win tonight against Florida was pretty sweet. The Reds had hitting, pitching and 5 defensive gems to boot. It kinda reminded me of the 90 Reds. I haven't felt that good watching them play since the early 90's.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 May '09 03:202 edits
    I gotta say the win tonight against Florida was pretty sweet. The Reds had hitting, pitching and 5 defensive gems to boot. It kinda reminded me of the 90 Reds. I haven't felt that good watching them play since the early 90's.
    And then I get another dose of reality with loss like tonight of 15-3. I guess Crusty's only question now is whether to start Paul Janish the SS or Arroyo for his next pitching start. After all, Janish only allowed 5 runs and Arroyo allowed about 10. LOL. As a side note, I called the home run hit by Fielder off Janish. I knew it was either going to be a home run or a walk.

Personally, I think Arroyo is perhaps the weak link in this rotation. It is my guess that he will not be here next year, especially if they are out of contention at the end of the year. If so, hopefully he has some more good outings so he iwill at least be worth wanting.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree