1. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Oct '12 18:201 edit
    For all of you guys that support NCAA football teams that are NOT #1: Roll Tide! 😉
  2. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    09 Oct '12 19:24
    Originally posted by CLL53
    For all of you guys that support NCAA football teams that are NOT #1: Roll Tide! 😉
    I have a roll of Roll Tide toilet paper I use every day to cast my vote for the #2 team!!
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Oct '12 19:37
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    I have a roll of Roll Tide toilet paper I use every day to cast my vote for the #2 team!!
    The way things are shaping up, it may well end up Bama vs. Oregon this year. I am using my duck print TP daily as well, just like to see those little ducks floating around the bowl before the big flush.
  4. Joined
    14 Dec '07
    Moves
    09 Oct '12 21:05
    South Carolina looks better than Oregon, I gotta say.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Oct '12 21:23
    Originally posted by dryhump
    South Carolina looks better than Oregon, I gotta say.
    Yeah, they usually have a good team as well. Heck, 90% of the SEC teams can beat anybody else in the country. The only real challenges they face are in the conference.
  6. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    10 Oct '12 00:42
    Yeah, they usually have a good team as well. Heck, 90% of the SEC teams can beat anybody else in the country. The only real challenges they face are in the conference.
    I guess we'll see come bowl time.
  7. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    10 Oct '12 01:58
    I do not think that the Southeastern Conference is that strong. Maybe the top three teams can beat the other teams? On any given Saturday any team could lose.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Oct '12 02:16
    Originally posted by gambit3
    I do not think that the Southeastern Conference is that strong. Maybe the top three teams can beat the other teams? On any given Saturday any team could lose.
    It is not as strong this year as in the last few years, but of course the few losses have been to each other, kind of like keeping it in the family. LSU really surprised me, thought they were going to be a challenge to Bama, but it looks like Bama may have back-to-back championships with no real problems. Interesting how many SEC teams are scattered amongst the top 20 & top 25. Even Miss. State is a contender this year. And lets not forget to give Auburn their due: Boo Auburn! Cow college! Go home and grow some cojones before you play with the big boys! lol
  9. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    10 Oct '12 03:39
    It is not as strong this year as in the last few years, but of course the few losses have been to each other, kind of like keeping it in the family. LSU really surprised me, thought they were going to be a challenge to Bama, but it looks like Bama may have back-to-back championships with no real problems. Interesting how many SEC teams are scattered amongst ...[text shortened]... Boo Auburn! Cow college! Go home and grow some cojones before you play with the big boys! lol
    I don't believe Alabama will make to a bowl game undefeated.
  10. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    10 Oct '12 12:25
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    I don't believe Alabama will make to a bowl game undefeated.
    They did show some weaknesses against a mediocre Ole Miss squad. I think it's a good chance 'Bama will lose 1 before it's all over. The Eastern division of the SEC is shaping up to be stronger than expected. Still early.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Oct '12 12:29
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    They did show some weaknesses against a mediocre Ole Miss squad. I think it's a good chance 'Bama will lose 1 before it's all over. The Eastern division of the SEC is shaping up to be stronger than expected. Still early.
    True, they did show some weakness. I am sure Saban will ride their asses over anything he sees that needs work.
  12. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    10 Oct '12 14:28
    True, they did show some weakness. I am sure Saban will ride their asses over anything he sees that needs work.
    Next couple weeks at Mizzou and the Vols should be W's. I'm not sure about Miss. State and LSU after that. Nick SATAN may have to pull a melt-down.

Too bad the Tide don't play the SC chickens or Florida this year in the regular season.

Go Gators!
  13. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    10 Oct '12 15:48
    Next couple weeks at Mizzou and the Vols should be W's. I'm not sure about Miss. State and LSU after that. Nick SATAN may have to pull a melt-down.

Too bad the Tide don't play the SC chickens or Florida this year in the regular season.

Go Gators!
    Is Florida going to play with the Cocks this season Smooks? 😉😀
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Oct '12 15:50

Go Gators!
    Miss. State may be an issue, but given LSUs performance this year I don't see them winning.

Agree on SC and FL, those are always great games. In fact, Bama usually plays FL every year, this year is a real fluke. Wonder why they didn't schedule a Bama/FL game? If they were going to drop a game to allow playing the new SEC teams, you would think they would drop a less interesting game from the lineup.

Hey, one of the rivalry games I watch every year is FL vs. FL State, always enjoy that one, almost as much as Bama vs. Auburn (which, by the way, should be a real bloodbath for Auburn this year, can't imagine Auburn fans paying hundreds of bucks to see it up close and personal).
  15. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    11 Oct '12 03:32
    Miss. State may be an issue, but given LSUs performance this year I don't see them winning.

Agree on SC and FL, those are always great games. In fact, Bama usually plays FL every year, this year is a real fluke. Wonder why they didn't schedule a Bama/FL game? If they were going to drop a game to allow playing the new SEC teams, you would think they would ...[text shortened]... is year, can't imagine Auburn fans paying hundreds of bucks to see it up close and personal).
    You should know, intense rivalries going back generations between 2 inter-twined schools means MOST bets are off.

One of the oldest rivalries in the SEC is the Auburn/Georgia game. It hasn't meant much lately, but for some reason both teams always step it up.

Auburn has always played 'Bama tough, even when one team is clearly better.

SC was independent until relatively recently, so rivalry with SEC teams doesn't mean as much.

My fave team should shut down Vandy this week, then onto SC.. I'm hoping it will be anti-climactic as I think LSU will win this week against them. They're pissed!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree