1. Swansea
    Moves
    05 Apr '07 20:09
    Originally posted by ElleEffSeee
    Looks like some spurs fans are getting in on the act now.
    I think the police over there just go in thinking we can give them a bash the second they say anything out of order. Then the fans get wound up and start the violence and it just escalates from there. Uefa need to do something about this or someone is going to get killed.
  2. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    05 Apr '07 20:16
    Originally posted by ExpressiveOutburst
    I think the police over there just go in thinking we can give them a bash the second they say anything out of order. Then the fans get wound up and start the violence and it just escalates from there. Uefa need to do something about this or someone is going to get killed.
    It seems we're getting a culture here of 'it's all the police, we did nothing'. I'm sure the police are a bit heavy handed but fans need to just go and sit down and watch the match FFS.
  3. Standard memberEsoteric
    Cognitive Junta
    Moves
    06 Apr '07 01:33
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    In case you didn't notice, I'm Irish.

D
    I did notice. My post wasnt aimed at you.
  4. Standard memberEsoteric
    Cognitive Junta
    Moves
    06 Apr '07 01:36
    Originally posted by sally cinnamon
    Yep think youre right smarts. Roma will get beaten well at old trafford. Disgusting scenes in the crowd last night. When are uefa going to crack down on Italian football?
    When are we going to crack down on English football?

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=259844
  5. Standard memberasromacalcio
    asromacalcio
    Almaty, Kazakhstan
    Moves
    06 Apr '07 02:54
    Originally posted by smartrrrrs
    Having never heard of your country I struggle to see what your paying us back for.As a united supporter ,all thing considered not a bad result,Old Trafford will be a different matter
    Never mind my country, I am from Crewe, support Roma. I was talking about Liverpool for payback time, the other English reds.
  6. Standard memberasromacalcio
    asromacalcio
    Almaty, Kazakhstan
    Moves
    06 Apr '07 02:57
    Originally posted by Cityblue
    [b]Even in the hooligan days of the 70's and 80's we were never ona apr with what the Italians, Germans and Dutch have demonstrated time and again...
    Agreed. At Roma and other grounds there is a potential Luton Millwall EVERY game. I was terrified when I went.
  7. Standard memberCityblue
    Moonchester
    Blue Moon
    Moves
    06 Apr '07 10:01
    Originally posted by ElleEffSeee
    It seems we're getting a culture here of 'it's all the police, we did nothing'. I'm sure the police are a bit heavy handed but fans need to just go and sit down and watch the match FFS.
    Totally agree.....the fans have got to behave themselves as well as the police.....it's definitely a two way thing.

It does appear to have got to a stage where some police take a 'pop' knowing it'll be blamed on the fans......it seems strange that the Spurs and Sevilla fans got on fine before the game, and even after it last night........trouble only when police got involved. At half time the police were withdrawn from the away supporters section of the ground and the trouble stopped......seems a bit strange if it wasn't a police instigated situation..

As someone who regularly watches football in England and germany, and has been to most other European countries to watch it, I HATE HOOLIGANISM, but have seen less in England over the last 15 years that almost anywhere I've been.....not saying it isn't there, but getting hard to find nowadays.

I'll probably get beaten up at City-Charlton today now I've said that :'(
  8. Standard memberCityblue
    Moonchester
    Blue Moon
    Moves
    06 Apr '07 10:03
    Originally posted by Esoteric
    When are we going to crack down on English football?

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=259844
    Have you ever been to watch English football?? or is everything you've said based on journalists interpretations??

I find that any situations I've witnessed first hand bear no resemblance to newspaper/TV reports generally....
  9. Joined
    01 Jan '07
    Moves
    06 Apr '07 20:08
    Originally posted by asromacalcio
    Never mind my country, I am from Crewe, support Roma. I was talking about Liverpool for payback time, the other English reds.
    so whats wrong with the mighty Alex
  10. Standard memberEsoteric
    Cognitive Junta
    Moves
    07 Apr '07 00:011 edit
    Originally posted by Cityblue
    I find that any situations I've witnessed first hand bear no resemblance to newspaper/TV reports generally....
    So how are you sure that it was the police who overreacted in Rome?
  11. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    07 Apr '07 08:21
    Despite what some of you are saying, there is still active hooliganism in British football.... but it's between the lads that want to get involved, and it's away from the staduims.
    It seems to me that when British fans travel abroad, the fact that they're British is enough for opposing fans and police to have a pop.
    Some of the posts on here quote old blokes getting battered, and I saw loads of 'scarfers' taking a beating as well.... that would never happen over here.
    It's like anything else you care to mention... we play 'fair' - the Europeans are out of control.
  12. Standard memberCityblue
    Moonchester
    Blue Moon
    Moves
    07 Apr '07 11:15
    Originally posted by Esoteric
    So how are you sure that it was the police who overreacted in Rome?
    I do not know exactly what happened just the same as everyone else at the moment. Hopefully there will be a proper investigation and all wrongdoers will get the neccessary punishments......

From the footage I have seen it seems that some fans overreacted as did a number of police officers......what actaully caused it is not 100% clear, although a couple of people I know who were there seemed to believe that the police certainly didn't help the situation at any point......

Unfortunately, as ther Rome police cheifs stated staright after the event that they did nothing wrong, it doesn't seem likely that a proper investigation will be held :'(
  13. Standard memberasromacalcio
    asromacalcio
    Almaty, Kazakhstan
    Moves
    08 Apr '07 03:40
    Originally posted by smartrrrrs
    so whats wrong with the mighty Alex
    Nothing, I also support them. Was a season ticket holder for a while, find it difficult to get there from Bishkek but that's a different story.
  14. Standard memberRavello
    The RudeĀ©
    who knows?
    Moves
    09 Apr '07 00:421 edit
    I wonder why "police vs fans" troubles happened also in Tottenham's game in Spain.....

I suppose that both spanish and italian police are to blame...................surely not english supporters, always polite and kind across europe as football history teaches.
  15. Standard memberasromacalcio
    asromacalcio
    Almaty, Kazakhstan
    Moves
    09 Apr '07 07:15
    Originally posted by Ravello
    I wonder why "police vs fans" troubles happened also in Tottenham's game in Spain.....

I suppose that both spanish and italian police are to blame...................surely not english supporters, always polite and kind across europe as football history teaches.
    Why then if there are such problems with English fans do we never hear about trouble in domestic English games?

You answer your own question, there are problems when English fans travel because thousands of others including you still see and treat them as troublemakers even though overwhelmingly they are not.

Do you deny there is a serious hooligan problem in the Italian game?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree