1. Standard memberasromacalcio
    asromacalcio
    Almaty, Kazakhstan
    Moves
    05 Apr '07 02:46
    Well I know it's not over but, nice result last night. Bring on the other English reds now, it's payback time 😠
  2. Joined
    01 Jan '07
    Moves
    05 Apr '07 06:43
    Originally posted by asromacalcio
    Well I know it's not over but, nice result last night. Bring on the other English reds now, it's payback time 😠
    Having never heard of your country I struggle to see what your paying us back for.As a united supporter ,all thing considered not a bad result,Old Trafford will be a different matter
  3. where angels play
    Moves
    05 Apr '07 07:17
    Yep think youre right smarts. Roma will get beaten well at old trafford. Disgusting scenes in the crowd last night. When are uefa going to crack down on Italian football?
  4. Standard memberCityblue
    Moonchester
    Blue Moon
    Moves
    05 Apr '07 07:32
    Originally posted by sally cinnamon
    Yep think youre right smarts. Roma will get beaten well at old trafford. Disgusting scenes in the crowd last night. When are uefa going to crack down on Italian football?
    Gotta agree (even if I would rather not!!), but United will beat them at OT confortably I reckon.....

As for the crowd trouble....a few of those police need charging....the fans inside the ground never got near each other, yet the police managed to batter already injured people?!

Outrageous, but totally expected 🙁
  5. where angels play
    Moves
    05 Apr '07 07:52
    Can you imagine the reaction of uefa if that happened at Anfield or Old Trafford? So i dont see why Italian football should be allowed to get away with it any longer. Either ban them from european football or play games behond closed doors. Sorry for taking this of topic by the way
  6. Joined
    01 Jan '07
    Moves
    05 Apr '07 08:25
    Can you imagine the reaction of uefa if that happened at Anfield or Old Trafford? So i dont see why Italian football should be allowed to get away with it any longer. Either ban them from european football or play games behond closed doors. Sorry for taking this of topic by the way
    you are right. when man u and liverpool fans start agreein theres got to be something seriously wrong
  7. where angels play
    Moves
    05 Apr '07 08:57
    Throw in a city fan and we really got trouble, all we need now is blue nose. Seriously though i dont understand how italian football gets away with it. Probably has somthing to do with the money that uefa make from italian football tv rvenue. Typical really, the football bureaucrats sit in their boxes sipping champagne, while the real football fans, the people that really matter, the people that make this great game what it is, have to face life or death just to follow their team away in europe. Disgusting.
  8. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    05 Apr '07 10:47
    Throw in a city fan and we really got trouble, all we need now is blue nose. Seriously though i dont understand how italian football gets away with it. Probably has somthing to do with the money that uefa make from italian football tv rvenue. Typical really, the football bureaucrats sit in their boxes sipping champagne, while the real football fans, t ...[text shortened]... ame what it is, have to face life or death just to follow their team away in europe. Disgusting.
    No wonder football only attracts a narrow set of people these days. Its also no wonder people are dying in Italy, if that's the kind of "justice" your average football fan has to endure.

Continuing to beat people (who were trying to run back to their seats) after you've beaten them to the ground, is nothing but police brutality. Were those policemen Roma fans by any chance? It appeared as though the Roma fans induced a reaction, and then let the Roman police break heads.

Sickening, and I hope Roma get hugely fined. It seems as though Prodi is all talk about reforming the game over there.

D
  9. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    05 Apr '07 10:54
    "Victor Hindley, 42, of Blackpool, said he saw several police clubbing a man in his 60s as he lay bleeding on the ground.

The aerial fitter said: "It was the most terrifying experience of my life.

"The police were brutal, they were really laying into some of the Manchester United fans. They hardly seemed to touch the Italian fans.

"I saw them hitting one old guy with batons as he lay on the ground. There were lots of police and they were all attacking him at once.

"We got chased away from the ground by the police and the Roma fans must have seen this and followed us.

"The police disappeared and then a gang of about 100 Ultras turned up and cornered us.

"Some of them had machetes and knives and others had chains with padlocks. They just ran at us.

"I got hit loads of times and there was blood everywhere."

Mr Hindley, who lives with his partner Gemma and two-year-old daughter Molly, said he believed he had suffered a cracked skull and was going to hospital for treatment."
    http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_2039961,00.html
  10. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    05 Apr '07 10:56
    Stephen Fitzsimons, 53, was knifed in the groin after he and three friends were ambushed by AS Roma supporters on their way to the Champions League clash in Rome.

Mr Fitzsimons, who runs a contract cleaning firm in Manchester, and two other men were stabbed shortly before the match at the Stadio Olimpico on Wednesday.

He was taken to hospital and twice underwent emergency surgery to control his bleeding.

The other men, Mike Skarrett, 51, of Rossendale, and nephew Steve Skarrett, 19, each suffered three knife wounds in the unprovoked attack.

Mike remains in hospital but Steve has been released following treatment.

Mr Fitzsimons suffered one stab wound to the groin and is in hospital, relatives said.

"Thank goodness it wasn't any worse. I can't imagine what these (attackers) were thinking.

"My husband certainly wouldn't cause any trouble. This is just a group of middle aged men going to watch the football."
    http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_2039789,00.html

D
  11. Standard memberEsoteric
    Cognitive Junta
    Moves
    05 Apr '07 11:58
    I never thought I would hear British people whingeing about football hooliganism. You guy's should be the last ones acting high and mighty.
  12. Standard memberCityblue
    Moonchester
    Blue Moon
    Moves
    05 Apr '07 14:09
    Originally posted by Esoteric
    I never thought I would hear British people whingeing about football hooliganism. You guy's should be the last ones acting high and mighty.
    Even in the hooligan days of the 70's and 80's we were never ona apr with what the Italians, Germans and Dutch have demonstrated time and again...

We are just stupid, and manage to promote our troublemakers for the world to see.......we are NOT the worst hooligans (probably never were), but we tell the world..

I was in Latvia a few years ago, and on TV was a program (made by brits) all about football hooliganism.....no clips less than about 10 years old.....but presented as if it was happening all the time......

Even with the problems we had, something was done about it - still idiots about, but it's quite rare for british fans to start trouble these days......in Italy it is still a regular occurrence, unfortunately!!

Even the Germans have tackled it to a large degree. The days of half full stadia for Schalke/Dortmund games have gone.....people aren't as terrified to go anymore...
  13. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    05 Apr '07 14:59
    In case you didn't notice, I'm Irish.

D
  14. Joined
    29 Jul '04
    Moves
    05 Apr '07 18:43
    Sorry mate but it must have been 25 years or so since scenes like that were witnessed inside English grounds. It was a disgrace and even though it wasnt the case it looked as if the Carabineri and Roma fans had calloborated.
  15. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    05 Apr '07 19:22
    Looks like some spurs fans are getting in on the act now.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree