1. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    09 Apr '07 20:20
    Originally posted by Ravello
    I wonder why "police vs fans" troubles happened also in Tottenham's game in Spain.....

I suppose that both spanish and italian police are to blame...................surely not english supporters, always polite and kind across europe as football history teaches.
    Did you see the coverage of the trouble during the Man United Roma game, Ravello?.

D
  2. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    09 Apr '07 23:38
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Did you see the coverage of the trouble during the Man United Roma game, Ravello?.

D
    Why bother to actually look at what happened when you can work it out from first principles, eh?
  3. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    10 Apr '07 01:292 edits

D
    Yes and I've seen english fans breaking seats and starting throwing'em at police after Roma scored the first goal.

Nice behaviour.

Here it is a touristic pic of english fans appreciating italian seats :

http://www.repubblica.it/2006/05/gallerie/calcio/foto-polizia-olimpico/2.html

.......and, odd enough, here we have another couple of pictures about english polite guys appreciating seats in Spain and some thief-like lad throwing something :

http://www.repubblica.it/2006/05/gallerie/calcio/foto-polizia-olimpico/5.html

http://www.repubblica.it/2006/05/gallerie/calcio/foto-polizia-olimpico/7.html

I wonder why cops didn't offer them a cup of tea........
  4. Standard memberasromacalcio
    asromacalcio
    Almaty, Kazakhstan
    Moves
    10 Apr '07 06:471 edit
    Yes and I've seen english fans breaking seats and starting throwing'em at police after Roma scored the first goal.

Nice behaviour.

.......and, odd enough, here we have another couple of pictures ab ...[text shortened]... lcio/foto-polizia-olimpico/7.html

Same question, sorry to be repetitive, but do you deny that there is a serious hooligan problem in the Italian game right now, ultras etc etc?

It's not just you, but if we get past this 'it's their fault' attitude we might actually be able to do something about violence in the game.

I'm glad Italian football has finally started being honest with itself, insisting on safety standards in stadia etc, instead of pointing the finger at others.

But whatever history and last Wednesday night shows us about English supporters, if this is allowed to continue to divert attention away from the very serious problem Italian football has, we're not going to get anywhere.

I give just a few examples:

Three years ago rioting outside the stadium halted the Roma Lazio derby. When was the last time an English football match was halted for this reason?

Two years ago a Champions League tie between Inter and Milan was abandoned after the Milan keeper was hit by a flare. When did this EVER happen in England?

Earlier this year a major security review was launched after a policeman was caught up and killed in skirmishes between rival Sicilian ultras. Similarly, this has never happened in England.

Now my username gives me away, I love Italian football, and tonight I will not rest until I find a TV where I can see the game, but we have to be honest. Italian football is far worse than English for violence, and they (we) have GOT to realise this, and now.

They say that had Italy not won the World Cup their teams would be playing in half empty stadia by now.
  5. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    10 Apr '07 09:111 edit

Nice behaviour.

.......and, odd enough, here we have another couple of pictures ab ...[text shortened]... lcio/foto-polizia-olimpico/7.html

Rav, how can you tell the person in the third shot is a Manchester United fan?
    [EDIT] Despite the misleading heading on the page, Le foto degli scontri durante Roma-Manchester, this shot was taken in Spain.

Do you not realise that the United fans were searched and lighters, coins, bottles, etc were confiscated and no more were sold inside the stadium to the english, while Roma fans could bring whatever missiles they wanted into the ground, and they could continue purchasing bottles to throw throughout the game inside the ground. If that third picture is a Manchester United fan, then that bottle has been thrown initially by a Roma fan.

Missiles were exchanged by both sets of fans, but it looked to me that the initial traffic started from the Roma set of fans. This only makes sense as they were the ones with the ammo.

The fact that riot police were only on one side of the fence speaks of the same racist opinions that you are espousing here. An Italian couldn't have done something wrong, could they? 🙄

D
  6. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    10 Apr '07 09:21

Nice behaviour.

So you maintain that the Roma fans did nothing wrong or provocative or violent?

Of course that goes against the many stories of gangs of Roma fans marauding outside the stadium with machetes and other weapons stabbing United fans on their way to the game.

Here's a scene of violence from inside the Olympic Stadium, and Oh my God, there isn't an english man in sight. YouTube&NR=1

Are you willing to admit that Italian football has a huge hooligan problem, or are you going to continue to blame the English?

D
  7. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    10 Apr '07 09:27
    Oh look, more Italian fans, caught on camera doing exactly what they are accused of doing in Roma...
    YouTube

So tell me, Rav, apart from racism, what other reason would you think that the police decided only the Manchester United fans needed riot police?

D
  8. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    10 Apr '07 17:35
    Looks like the Italians have arrived in Manchester:

'Fans are understood to have hurled bottles and missiles at police lines outside the ground.'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/6538695.stm
  9. Joined
    01 Jan '07
    Moves
    10 Apr '07 19:04
    are you watching asromacalcio
  10. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    10 Apr '07 19:19
    Did David Pleat really just say something along the lines of 'Ronaldo can be compared to the incomparable George Best'? 🙄

3-0 Manure - come on Roma put your backs into it.
  11. Joined
    01 Jan '07
    Moves
    10 Apr '07 19:36
    well I realise its not over yet but
  12. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    10 Apr '07 19:40
    Darren Fletcher for Man of the Match. Unreal performance by the whole team so far.

D
  13. Joined
    01 Jan '07
    Moves
    10 Apr '07 19:49
    Darren Fletcher for Man of the Match. Unreal performance by the whole team so far.

D
    O shea is not haviong a bad one either but whats his name in the no 7 shirt well
  14. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    10 Apr '07 19:541 edit

D
    Yeah but on the plus side Chelsea are losing (and to a goal from a former LFC player too he he).

Edit: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  15. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    10 Apr '07 20:00

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree