1. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    143878
    28 Feb '11 17:31
    How on earth did Rooney get away scot free after his attack on a Wigan player ?
    Is there one rule for rich ,famous brats and another for lower table footballer's ?
    The FA copped out big time (nothing unusual there !!) and Fergie said "there was nothing in it " .
    One good thing though , potato head Rooney will have to face the Liverpool ,Chelsea and Arsenal fans banter ,unless he cop's out as well ! (which wouldn't surprise me )
    The FA are fast becoming a sour joke !!
  2. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Joined
    14 Nov '09
    Moves
    343458
    28 Feb '11 19:11
    Originally posted by phil3000
    How on earth did Rooney get away scot free after his attack on a Wigan player ?
    Is there one rule for rich ,famous brats and another for lower table footballer's ?
    The FA copped out big time (nothing unusual there !!) and Fergie said "there was nothing in it " .
    One good thing though , potato head Rooney will have to face the Liverpool ,Chelsea and Arsen ...[text shortened]... cop's out as well ! (which wouldn't surprise me )
    The FA are fast becoming a sour joke !!
    typical the fa would do nothing. perhaps if he said something un pc(like andy gray) he would be punished. well done the wigan player for not rolling about as if he was shot (see ashley cole for details)
  3. In your face
    Joined
    21 Aug '04
    Moves
    55993
    28 Feb '11 19:46
    The FA said that the referee had dealt with the situation at the time, i.e. spoke to Rooney about the incident, and therefore were were powerless to do anything else about it. Had the referee not seen the incident, then they could have intervened. If games are going to be refereed by the FA after every game, might as well do away with referees on the pitch all together huh?
  4. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    143878
    28 Feb '11 20:25
    Originally posted by jimslyp69
    The FA said that the referee had dealt with the situation at the time, i.e. spoke to Rooney about the incident, and therefore were were powerless to do anything else about it. Had the referee not seen the incident, then they could have intervened. If games are going to be refereed by the FA after every game, might as well do away with referees on the pitch all together huh?
    the FA should have a strong word with the ref in that matter .
    He clearly saw the elbow incident because he gave wigan a free kick , why didn't he send him off ? maybe Rooney was hoping to get sent off and banned so he doesn't have to face the abuse which will come his way when he plays Chelsea ,Liverpool and Arsenal in the coming weeks !. He quite clearly thinks he is untouchable ,£250.000 a week whether he plays or not, dont be suprised if he misses these games with a misterious training ground injury !!!
    As for Ashley Cole , i wonder who hit the floor first , the young trainee lad or Drogba ?😉
  5. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    2996
    28 Feb '11 23:21
    Originally posted by phil3000
    How on earth did Rooney get away scot free after his attack on a Wigan player ?
    Is there one rule for rich ,famous brats and another for lower table footballer's ?
    The FA copped out big time (nothing unusual there !!) and Fergie said "there was nothing in it " .
    One good thing though , potato head Rooney will have to face the Liverpool ,Chelsea and Arsen ...[text shortened]... cop's out as well ! (which wouldn't surprise me )
    The FA are fast becoming a sour joke !!
    Couldn't agree with you more! I saw the whole thing and was so stunned as to jaw drop so low I tasted the carpet! A sendoff would have been in order. I had not seen such blatant thuggery since De Jong in the WC final.
  6. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    28 Feb '11 23:43
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Couldn't agree with you more! I saw the whole thing and was so stunned as to jaw drop so low I tasted the carpet! A sendoff would have been in order. I had not seen such blatant thuggery since De Jong in the WC final.
    you need to watch Gatusso in game against the soon to be European champions, Bayern Munich! Now that is a thug!
  7. Joined
    29 Nov '08
    Moves
    2251
    01 Mar '11 00:03
    Originally posted by phil3000
    the FA should have a strong word with the ref in that matter .
    He clearly saw the elbow incident because he gave wigan a free kick , why didn't he send him off ? maybe Rooney was hoping to get sent off and banned so he doesn't have to face the abuse which will come his way when he plays Chelsea ,Liverpool and Arsenal in the coming weeks !. He quite clearly ...[text shortened]... !
    As for Ashley Cole , i wonder who hit the floor first , the young trainee lad or Drogba ?😉
    If the referee includes the incident in his report, states that he saw it & admits he made the wrong decision then the FA can act retrospectively.
  8. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    2996
    01 Mar '11 04:33
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    you need to watch Gatusso in game against the soon to be European champions, Bayern Munich! Now that is a thug!
    I am anti-thug period. Gatusso or nay others. There are and should not be any sacred cows in any sport. The Rooney thing was so unnecessary. Wigan was overmatched and Chicharito played brilliantly. This sorta thuggery needs to be weeded out entirely!
  9. Joined
    29 Nov '08
    Moves
    2251
    06 Mar '11 23:10
    After all the abuse thrown his way at least Rooney had the good grace to ban himself from playing at Anfield today. Saying he was anonymous in the game wouldn't do his 'performance' justice.
    The easiest 3 points we're liable to pick up all season from the worst Man U team I've seen for over 20 years.
    That said,I still think they're the most likely team to win the Prem this season.
  10. 6yd box
    Joined
    24 Jun '07
    Moves
    5179
    06 Mar '11 23:58
    Originally posted by roma45
    typical the fa would do nothing. perhaps if he said something un pc(like andy gray) he would be punished. well done the wigan player for not rolling about as if he was shot (see ashley cole for details)
    let not forget the ref in question was MARK 'CLATTERBRAIN' the same ref who 4 seasons ago never gave Spurs the goal when Roy Carrol pulled the ball from behind the line..the same ref that give the Nani goal againt spurs after the United player handballed....there is a pattern here.............😉
  11. 6yd box
    Joined
    24 Jun '07
    Moves
    5179
    06 Mar '11 23:59
    Originally posted by phil3000
    How on earth did Rooney get away scot free after his attack on a Wigan player ?
    Is there one rule for rich ,famous brats and another for lower table footballer's ?
    The FA copped out big time (nothing unusual there !!) and Fergie said "there was nothing in it " .
    One good thing though , potato head Rooney will have to face the Liverpool ,Chelsea and Arsen ...[text shortened]... cop's out as well ! (which wouldn't surprise me )
    The FA are fast becoming a sour joke !!
    the English FA are a JOKE, Phil..no wonder we never got the World cup!!
  12. Subscriberdivegeester
    reality bites
    variable
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86709
    08 Mar '11 18:50
    Originally posted by phil3000
    How on earth did Rooney get away scot free after his attack on a Wigan player ?
    Is there one rule for rich ,famous brats and another for lower table footballer's ?
    The FA copped out big time (nothing unusual there !!) and Fergie said "there was nothing in it " .
    One good thing though , potato head Rooney will have to face the Liverpool ,Chelsea and Arsen ...[text shortened]... cop's out as well ! (which wouldn't surprise me )
    The FA are fast becoming a sour joke !!
    Because he is an over-rated prick who has marketing connectons related to appearances for England - banning him will just make him shag more slags and play worse.
  13. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Joined
    14 Nov '09
    Moves
    343458
    09 Mar '11 12:35
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Because he is an over-rated prick who has marketing connectons related to appearances for England - banning him will just make him shag more slags and play worse.
    dont hold back. lol 😀
  14. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    10258
    10 Mar '11 14:02
    Originally posted by divegeester
    - banning him will just make him shag more slags
    maybe he was trying to get banned... better luck next time maybe.
  15. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    143878
    10 Mar '11 16:49
    Originally posted by spurs73
    the English FA are a JOKE, Phil..no wonder we never got the World cup!!
    Well done Spurs ,against AC Milan they played the right game . Good tactics by redknapp ....
Back to Top