Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

  1. 16 Jul '11 14:41
    54 Days to go.
    No clear favourites, I think this will be the most open RWC ever.
  2. Standard member RevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    16 Jul '11 20:25
    Originally posted by Swiss Toni
    54 Days to go.
    No clear favourites, I think this will be the most open RWC ever.
    Greetings squire...you're only saying this because you guys are favourites I think you're just pipping S.A but favourites you are and always have been...HOT TIP: England 'may' do well, worth a punt...hmmmmm..
  3. 16 Jul '11 22:06
    Hahaha, New Zealand are always favourites - and we know what happens when New Zealand are favourites! I'll be happy with someone else taking that honour, if you don't mind!

    I think England will be very strong - conditions in Sept-Oct NZ will suit them well.

    I was a bit concerned by how well the Queensland Reds played in the Super 15. Aussie players coming into form just at the right time.
  4. Subscriber Crowley
    Not Aleister
    18 Jul '11 13:00
    Ha! The Australian press labelled the bok side coming over for the Tri Nations a B-side and then lose to Samoa. Priceless.
  5. 18 Jul '11 15:41
    Originally posted by Swiss Toni

    I was a bit concerned by how well the Queensland Reds played in the Super 15. Aussie players coming into form just at the right time.
    the right time is in the autumn, doesn't matter how they play now.
  6. Subscriber Crowley
    Not Aleister
    19 Jul '11 10:38
    Originally posted by trev33
    the right time is in the autumn, doesn't matter how they play now.
    Surely you meant "in the spring"?
  7. 19 Jul '11 12:46
    Originally posted by Crowley
    Surely you meant "in the spring"?
    thought about that just after posting... we'll see what the weather is like before calling it 'spring'.
  8. 19 Jul '11 22:40
    Originally posted by trev33
    the right time is in the autumn, doesn't matter how they play now.
    Losing Benn Robinson is a massive blow for Australia. Teams like England must look at that Wallabies forward pack and be licking their lips. Night games in NZ in the rain & cold - they'll love it.
  9. Subscriber Crowley
    Not Aleister
    22 Aug '11 11:26
    I watched some highlights of the last few international games and the All Blacks must surely be licking their lips for the tournament to start.
    I can't see any team in international rugby close to them at the moment.

    The only thing they have to worry about is that "World Cup Chokers" label they have - the same thing that plagues the South African cricket team in world cup tournaments.
  10. Standard member bill718
    Enigma
    25 Aug '11 01:13
    Originally posted by Swiss Toni
    54 Days to go.
    No clear favourites, I think this will be the most open RWC ever.
    I wish Rugby was on television more in the USA. Rugby is a far superior to American football, just as Cricket is far superior to American Baseball. (What can I say...I was born on the wrong continent!)
  11. 25 Aug '11 09:05
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    Greetings squire...you're only saying this because you guys are favourites I think you're just pipping S.A but favourites you are and always have been...HOT TIP: England 'may' do well, worth a punt...hmmmmm..
    muhaha, England are going to get mauled, Scotland will win it this year, if we could only score a try.
  12. 25 Aug '11 15:50
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    muhaha, England are going to get mauled, Scotland will win it this year, if we could only score a try.
    and fix the line out, scrum, find someone who can run 100m in less than 18 seconds, clone a few world class wingers and they just might have a chance of coming third in their group
  13. 27 Aug '11 13:38
    Originally posted by trev33
    and fix the line out, scrum, find someone who can run 100m in less than 18 seconds, clone a few world class wingers and they just might have a chance of coming third in their group
    Lol, I am sure i dont need to remind you of our world cup warm up match against our Celtic cousins from across the water!
  14. 27 Aug '11 23:46
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Lol, I am sure i dont need to remind you of our world cup warm up match against our Celtic cousins from across the water!
    we let you win as a confidence booster ahead of your england clash... winner of that gets second in the group after argentina kick some ass.

    as for ireland, we flop at every world cup. it's what we do... at least no one is expecting anything now we've been beaten 4 times in a row during the warm up watches quite easily.
  15. Subscriber Crowley
    Not Aleister
    28 Aug '11 06:51
    Australia really looked good yesterday. Interesting that the ABs go into the WC off 2 losses...
    I still think they are favourites. I was really surprised at the quality of the wallabies. They seemed to rely on Cooper and Genia too heavily, but played a great game yesterday.