1. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    28 Aug '11 20:41
    Originally posted by Crowley
    Australia really looked good yesterday. Interesting that the ABs go into the WC off 2 losses...
    I still think they are favourites. I was really surprised at the quality of the wallabies. They seemed to rely on Cooper and Genia too heavily, but played a great game yesterday.
    assuming ireland don't win (and they won't, semis at best) i'd love to see france finally show what they can do at a world cup. saying that, the smart money has to be on a aus/ab final... i'm not going to even try and predict that one if it happens.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Aug '11 00:06
    Originally posted by trev33
    assuming ireland don't win (and they won't, semis at best) i'd love to see france finally show what they can do at a world cup. saying that, the smart money has to be on a aus/ab final... i'm not going to even try and predict that one if it happens.
    unbelievable optimism the semis? muhaha, watched the Aussies in tri nations they subdued the All blacks but then again watching the All blacks against the Saffers was frightening to watch their accuracy and handling.
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    29 Aug '11 00:35
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    unbelievable optimism the semis? muhaha, watched the Aussies in tri nations they subdued the All blacks but then again watching the All blacks against the Saffers was frightening to watch their accuracy and handling.
    we'll finish second in the group, then play s. africa who i think with some luck are beatable. probably quarters but maybe semis.

new zealand rested a few players for their last couple of watches, i wouldn't pay any attention to them. they didn't need to win those games.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Aug '11 00:471 edit
    we'll finish second in the group, then play s. africa who i think with some luck are beatable. probably quarters but maybe semis.

new zealand rested a few players for their last couple of watches, i wouldn't pay any attention to them. they didn't need to win those games.
    like you say Trev, the only northern hemisphere team that has a snowballs are the French, id really like to see them do something special.
  5. New York
    Moves
    29 Aug '11 21:33
    Well, as a New Zealander I'm just glad France are in our group. That means we can't play them till the final, if we both get that far.

I really don't like the look of how fragile NZ are when the pressure is on. If Carter gets injured, we are done for. Slade is not a test level 1st five (standoff).
  6. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    30 Aug '11 06:46
    Originally posted by Swiss Toni
    Well, as a New Zealander I'm just glad France are in our group. That means we can't play them till the final, if we both get that far.

I really don't like the look of how fragile NZ are when the pressure is on. If Carter gets injured, we are done for. Slade is not a test level 1st five (standoff).
    I wouldn't worry too much. It seems the All Blacks had a game plan of running everything which they probably won't copy in the cup.

I didn't watch too much Super Rugby, so don't know the state of flyhalves there - where are the likes of Brett and Donald?
  7. New York
    Moves
    31 Aug '11 23:06
    I wouldn't worry too much. It seems the All Blacks had a game plan of running everything which they probably won't copy in the cup.

I didn't watch too much Super Rugby, so don't know the state of flyhalves there - where are the likes of Brett and Donald?
    Donald never recovered in the public eye from some disastrous performances in the black jersey - primarily a couple of blunders that lost the game to Aussie in Hong Kong. Brett has signed to play in Japan. He was a bit down the pecking order anyway, with Cruden looking like he'd get the nod for the back-up position only for Slade to beat him to it. With Weepu also cover for the No 10 jersey, there was no room for anyone else.
  8. New York
    Moves
    31 Aug '11 23:09
    Just got back today from Belfast & couldn't believe how negative everyone is about Ireland's chances. The way some folk were talking, you'd think they were certain Ireland wouldn't get out of Pool C.
  9. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    01 Sep '11 01:35
    Just got back today from Belfast & couldn't believe how negative everyone is about Ireland's chances. The way some folk were talking, you'd think they were certain Ireland wouldn't get out of Pool C.
    you were in belfast? did you swing around to the botanic gardens on sunday?

everytime we expect something from the national side it lets us down, i'm not surprising people were being so negative... they'll get out of the pool but anything after that is a bonus. you'd think the 4th ranked team in the world would be considered contenders by its public 😞
  10. Joined
    03 Jul '09
    Moves
    03 Sep '11 17:38
    The 2 South Island teams are tough and physical teams and possible throw a spanner in the works for Wales and Springboks
  11. New York
    Moves
    03 Sep '11 23:28
    Originally posted by CER
    The 2 South Island teams are tough and physical teams and possible throw a spanner in the works for Wales and Springboks
    I think you are right - Pool D will by far be the most exciting. Wales will be under pressure but South Africa should come through unscathed.
  12. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    04 Sep '11 11:34
    Originally posted by CER
    Maybe Wales, but not the boks.
  13. New York
    Moves
    04 Sep '11 14:25
    Maybe Wales, but not the boks.
    Could be a blessing. In 2007 the Boks had some tough games and as a result got to the Semis in battle-hardened condition. Look at the group NZ was in back in 2007. Scotland put out a reserve team against the ABs as they were focused on Italy, and Italy put out a reserve team as they were focused on Scotland. Net result was that New Zealand didn't get a game until the quarters, where they were not prepared to play a France team which had had some tough pool games.
  14. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    05 Sep '11 05:52
    Could be a blessing. In 2007 the Boks had some tough games and as a result got to the Semis in battle-hardened condition. Look at the group NZ was in back in 2007. Scotland put out a reserve team against the ABs as they were focused on Italy, and Italy put out a reserve team as they were focused on Scotland. Net result was that New Zealand didn't get a ga ...[text shortened]... arters, where they were not prepared to play a France team which had had some tough pool games.
    Maybe, but those boys play HARD and injuries can kill off any serious assault on the cup.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Sep '11 18:22
    Maybe, but those boys play HARD and injuries can kill off any serious assault on the cup.
    Boks are fielding an ultra experienced squad.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree