1. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Sep '11 15:231 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    I think it's totally out of order that Scotland play in what totally looks like a black strip.
    What you talking about, our kit is navy blue, its always been navy blue.
  2. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    11 Sep '11 15:23
    The Welsh played a decent game. I was sure we'd win a hard game, but never thought they could get that close to wining.

They were helped by very dubious refereeing. The 'bok bias' still applies apparently. I'm getting so tired of moaning about it, but yeah.

The Welsh were allowed to do whatever they wanted at ruck time. Sometimes they were legal, sometimes not. They were definitely NOT penalised every time they transgressed. It would be hilarious if it didn't almost cost us that game.
    I just wish a bok side will see the ref is not interested in managing ruck time and just decide to 'manage' it themselves, but the boks are not known for venturing far from their game plan once the game kicks off. If the ref won't help you, just make sure the opposition can't even see the bloody ball at breakdown.

Ah well, a win is a win.
  3. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    11 Sep '11 15:27
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Boks in honesty didn't deserve to win that game, it was a travesty of justice that Wales lost.
    'deserve to win'? What the hell does that mean?

The side who scores the most points win, and deservedly so. What's there to debate?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Sep '11 15:29
    Originally posted by Crowley
    The Welsh played a decent game. I was sure we'd win a hard game, but never thought they could get that close to wining.

They were helped by very dubious refereeing. The 'bok bias' still applies apparently. I'm getting so tired of moaning about it, but yeah.

The Welsh were allowed to do whatever they wanted at ruck time. Sometimes they were legal, some ...[text shortened]... the opposition can't even see the bloody ball at breakdown.

Ah well, a win is a win.
    Yes it was very close contest, Wales gave it everything they had against the world champions, but to be fair, even i thought there was a little bias.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Sep '11 15:30
    'deserve to win'? What the hell does that mean?

The side who scores the most points win, and deservedly so. What's there to debate?
    It means you played crap rugby and should have been beaten. It was simply fortuitous that you won. That is what it means.
  6. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    11 Sep '11 16:17
    It means you played crap rugby and should have been beaten. It was simply fortuitous that you won. That is what it means.
    Well, the other side of the coin is: No matter how we play on the day, no Northern Hemisphere team should be able to beat us.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Sep '11 16:23
    Well, the other side of the coin is: No matter how we play on the day, no Northern Hemisphere team should be able to beat us.
    Yes I agree, it seems that we have the psyche that we do well simply to compete rather than win against Boks, Wallabies and All blacks, but its merely a psychological barrier at present. Has to be one of the closest world cups evah!
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    11 Sep '11 19:40
    What? Wales choked, an on form France, England or Ireland side would've won today.
  9. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    11 Sep '11 20:43
    I have always been a football and boxing fan ,but i have become a bit of a fan of this rugby business. I found myself on the edge of my seat routing for Wales !
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Sep '11 08:481 edit
    Originally posted by phil3000
    I have always been a football and boxing fan ,but i have become a bit of a fan of this rugby business. I found myself on the edge of my seat routing for Wales !
    Football is gay, all those footballers rolling around on the floor kissing each other after
    they score a goal. Rugby is a gentlemanly sport, no disrespect for the officials,
    shacking hands after the match. You could even take your wife and kids to a rugby
    match, no problem, although i would hesitate to do the same at a football match, here
    in Glasgow anyway its just not on.
  11. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    12 Sep '11 11:37
    shacking hands after the match.
    That sounds pretty gay man...
  12. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    12 Sep '11 11:42
    Originally posted by trev33
    What? Wales choked, an on form France, England or Ireland side would've won today.
    If you say so man. I'm not worried about any NH team in this cup.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Sep '11 11:542 edits
    That sounds pretty gay man...
    Lol, haha, what a typo! pity it cannot be recommended!

Anyhow i am glad to say that Scotland are making eleven changes to our line-up, thank
    God they have removed Lamont from the centre and put him on the wing, if they could
    only remove him a little further to the dressing room and on to the airport, that would
    be fine.
  14. Joined
    03 Jul '09
    Moves
    12 Sep '11 21:52
    Originally posted by phil3000
    Rugby has it all, a bit of boxing when the ref is not looking(scrums) and bit of football when you need a short break to get your breath back(fake injury).
    Scotland strip is just slightly darker then normal. It is the English strip on the other hand whats up with that. The Wales and Springbok game was refereed by an Englishman.
  15. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    12 Sep '11 22:39
    If you say so man. I'm not worried about any NH team in this cup.
    There's going to be two of them in the semis.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree