1. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    03 Jan '09 17:08
    Man City are currently 2 points off the bottom 3 and have been knocked out of the Carling Cup by Brighton and the FA Cup by Notts Forest (at home).

Compare this with where they were last season (and remember that Hughes has signed Robinho) and surely there's no argument?
  2. LA
    Moves
    03 Jan '09 19:36
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    Man City are currently 2 points off the bottom 3 and have been knocked out of the Carling Cup by Brighton and the FA Cup by Notts Forest (at home).

Compare this with where they were last season (and remember that Hughes has signed Robinho) and surely there's no argument?
    I agree.
    Hughes also spent 19m on Jo who can't even get on the bench.

You have to wonder if the people running City have any idea what they are doing.

If it wans't for Ireland and Robinho City would be bottom of the table.

Are they going to let Hughes spend a load of money in January and expect things to maagically fix themselves?

Scolari should get the boot as well, 1-1 against Southend at home.
    Talk about a team in free fall.
  3. where angels play
    Moves
    03 Jan '09 20:28
    Think he will be gone by Monday, and fully deserved, Hughes has been found out good and proper, can't handle the spotlight.
  4. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    03 Jan '09 21:05
    Originally posted by Angry Boy

And only 4 points from 9th.

He inherited a team of players who may not suit the style he wishes to play in.

It's a bit sensationalistic to be calling for his head already.

D
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Jan '09 21:11
    Originally posted by Ragnorak

D
    I agree, he did a decent job at Blackburn and deserves more time. I wonder if the lack of cohesion on the pitch stems from what must be mass uncertanty in the squad due to the enevitable transfer activity that will ensue...
  6. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    06 Jan '09 21:48
    If they were going to fire Hughes then they would have done it already.

Instead he is steering the ship into this transfer window and negotiating for new players. You don't let a manager buy new players if you intend on firing him. You fire him, then get a new manager, then allow the new manager to buy his own players. I'm pretty sure that Hughes will be sticking with City for at least another two months.
  7. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    08 Jan '09 10:05
    Originally posted by Ragnorak

D
    4 points off 9th? Wow!

He inherited a side that beat Utd twice last season and spent a vast part of the season in the top 6 - only dropping back a little after specualtion that Sven was leaving at the end of the season. He added just 2 players (over £50M) to the squad so he can hardly claim they need time to settle. As for the style (or lack of it) that Hughes wants them to play in, I doubt the paymasters are licking their lips at the thought of Santa Cruz, Wayne Bridge et al

Hughes has taken ManCity backwards - he should be sacked. If you think that's sensationalistic then I can only presume that you were joking about Rafa being sacked for not bringing Robbie Keane on during a particular match, or of course you are applying double standards as we're talking abour a ex ManUtd player.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree