Saint's win!!!!!!

Saint's win!!!!!!

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K

Moves
08 Feb 10

I think the NFL made the Colts lose to promote NFL in the "Black" community.

To rebuild that "broken by God" city...ya know?

Conspiracy.

K

Moves
08 Feb 10

It is all about Jersey sales...sad but true.

s

Moves
08 Feb 10

Originally posted by Big Orange Country
I thought the Colts had it too. after the play you can see a Colts player immediately signal colts ball. You might say that he's just trying to influence the ref or whatever, but i didn't see a single Saints player even acting like they had it until the refs came in and started digging. I think colts had it, but in a dogpile like that, there's rar ...[text shortened]... f scrimmage, he doesn't seem to sprint many of his routes. He's becoming, dare I say, lazy?
Watch the replay of the onside kick. The entire NO bench called it for NO. The ball bounces off the Colts' player and clearly goes right to a NO player. The Saints indeed acted like they had it all along and there were more of them saying they had it than Colts.

s

Moves
08 Feb 10

Originally posted by Big Orange Country
As a Tennessee Vol student and lifelong fan, it's hard to watch Peyton lose any game. for the first time ever, I don't have any excuses. The pick was a fantastic play by the corner... he read Wayne's hesitation, sat on the route, and jumped it with perfect timing and speed. I thought the onside kick was cheap. Still, there are no bad calls I can point to. It was a well-played, fantastic game. The Saint's earned the win.
Manning played a good game up to the pick. I firmly believe that he somehow bought into the hoopla about being the greatest. This has to have affected both his game and the supporting cast who all seem to have underestimated the Saints. Once up by ten you can see how Colts seemed to think they could mail it in while Saints eleveated their play. To be outscore 31-7 over the next three quarters is a real choke job! One more score in the first half would have deflated the Saints. Colts thought the goal line stand would do that. Failing to score is never as deflating as being scored against.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
08 Feb 10

Originally posted by KIAPIRCKID
Why didn't the Colts challenge the onside kick?
The re-play showed the Colts land on it? no?
It's not who "lands on it", it's who's got it.

P-

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
08 Feb 10

Originally posted by Phlabibit
It's not who "lands on it", it's who's got it.

P-
In theory, it's the first person who has possession of it and is down by contact.

Good luck figuring that out, though.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
08 Feb 10

Originally posted by sh76
In theory, it's the first person who has possession of it and is down by contact.

Not too bad a view of the play once you get to the slow-motion.

There is no way this play would be overturned from the decision made on the field.

A Colt "might" have had it first, but it got away.. Next a Saint lost it and the pile grew.

Only the ball knows what happened now!

&feature=player_embedded#

P-

s

Moves
08 Feb 10

Originally posted by sh76

You misinterpret the rule. There is no down by contact in a scrum like that, and hence the play is never blown dead. The reason for this is once possessed there must be a football move to firmly demonstrate having the ball as yours. Otherwise possession could go back and forth several times in the scrum until the last possessor gets declared the winner. Because you cannot get good video the play is not reviewable. Too bad Colts had bendy fingers priable off the ball by hungry Saints!

HG

Moves
09 Feb 10

BTW...nice record...You enjoy playing weak opponents so you never lose?
Just for the record, I challenged this player 2x for the games.
he is very good.
I take losses like a man, as I did when the Vikes lost.
How about man-ing up yourself, cry baby?

HG

Moves
09 Feb 10

Originally posted by Scotty70
Peyton did a Favre..
Not really.
favres ankle and leg were hurt alot worse than anyone thought. he showed tremendous strength to continue playing after being sandwiched.
The hamstring is swollen completely around the leg, and you can't tell he has a foot, under the ankle swelling.
That, was a coaching error. he should have sat, and watched tarvaris jackson take the last snaps. More mobil, and very eager, he could have made that run...rather than throwng a pass.
yes,, Although farve would have never came out, it's a coaches challange to manage. ( see my post on Favres leg, it takes you to the site )

s

Moves
09 Feb 10

Let them show us their true selves with rioting and looting.

God help New Orleans.
The world still waits for looting and rioting. You are a very negative and cynical SOB. Get a life!

K

Moves
10 Feb 10

Originally posted by scacchipazzo
The world still waits for looting and rioting. You are a very negative and cynical SOB. Get a life!
What can I say other than you can't even depend on the scum anymore.

s

Moves
10 Feb 10
1 edit

What can I say other than you can't even depend on the scum anymore.
Because unlike you they are happy revelling in the glory of the triumph of their team and know how to behave! How'd you get sooo negative? What made you think there'd be looting and rioting? A narrow, bigoted worldview perhaps? Is it the ethnic makeup of the city of NO? Or are you simply projecting what you would do?
And BTW, they are not scum!

s

Moves
10 Feb 10

What a sorry bunch of whiney fans the Colts have! See below:

Susan Poag / The Times-PicayuneSaints players cars crawl through the crowds on Veterans Boulevard while exciting the airport in Kenner Monday, February 8, 2010.The Indianapolis Star reports that 11 fans were on hand when the Indianapolis Colts returned home Monday after losing Sunday's Super Bowl XLIV.

That is a far cry from the thousands that welcomed the New Orleans Saints home yesterday.

s

6yd box

Moves
10 Feb 10

I think the NFL made the Colts lose to promote NFL in the "Black" community.

To rebuild that "broken by God" city...ya know?

Conspiracy.
in true US of FREEKING A style- the race issue comes in!! was wondering how long that would take.

Now u know why most people in the world are sick of americans- this is a fine example of an A-ME-RIC-AN!!

For the record- it was a great 2nd half of football- both teams going for it with excellant offence. congrats to NO, and their coach for some super play calls.