1. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    10 Feb '09 14:43
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Roman seems like a typical business person taking a typical Russian approach to sport i.e hire and fire. He loves the game no doubt about that, but doesn't seem to be able to step back far enough and let his people do thier jobs. Shevy purchace was a prime example interference.

I'd like to see Martin O'Neil of someone of that 'proven but stable' ilk.
    he should never have let the special one go. or grant, how many chelsea managers have finished second in the league and runner up in the CL? the only reason chelsea didn't win the league last year was because they played utd early in grants reign.

the russian has more money than sense it appears.
  2. Joined
    17 Mar '04
    Moves
    10 Feb '09 18:51
    so sad..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01293/roman-abramovich_1293043c.jpg

:'(
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Feb '09 19:48
    Originally posted by trev33
    he should never have let the special one go. or grant, how many chelsea managers have finished second in the league and runner up in the CL? the only reason chelsea didn't win the league last year was because they played utd early in grants reign.

the russian has more money than sense it appears.
    Yep. I hate you but you speaketh sense 😉
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    10 Feb '09 19:58
    Yep. I hate you but you speaketh sense 😉
    EVERYBODY hates me :'(

😵
  5. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    10 Feb '09 22:42
    Terry's message of support was pretty funny...
    After Scolari left the club on Monday, centre-back Terry said: "I was very shocked by what's happened.

"He had my full support, that's for sure, and I'm sure two or three of the other players would say the same.

Great, so 3 or 4 players from a squad of 25+ supported him.

: D
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Feb '09 23:10
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Terry's message of support was pretty funny...
    After Scolari left the club on Monday, centre-back Terry said: "I was very shocked by what's happened.

"He had my full support, that's for sure, and [b]I'm sure two or three of the other players would say the same

Great, so 3 or 4 players from a squad of 25+ supported him.

: D[/b]
    Sure, him, lampard, anelka and deco I expect! Possibly Kaloooless also.

Amazing how a great national coach could not get even close to getting it right at a big club. Two very different jobs I guess.

😕
  7. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    11 Feb '09 09:37
    Amazing how a great national coach could not get even close to getting it right at a big club. Two very different jobs I guess.
    It's not amazing because he was never a great national coach.
  8. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    11 Feb '09 22:39
    ker-chink it's Hiddink

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree