08 Jan '07 21:59

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    08 Jan '07 23:02
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Considering they're playing the Bears though, who have also been playing badly the last 4 games or so, I'd say it's anyone's game.
  3. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    08 Jan '07 23:17
    Originally posted by GalaxyShield
    Considering they're playing the Bears though, who have also been playing badly the last 4 games or so, I'd say it's anyone's game.
    Bears Home field + bye week + struggling Seattle = Bears.
  4. Donationrichjohnson
    TANSTAAFL
    Walking on sunshine
    Moves
    08 Jan '07 23:38
    Does anyone know if Grossman will be starting for the Bears? I've heard some people say that Smith might bench him.
  5. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    09 Jan '07 14:43
    If Smith benches "Train" Rex the morale in Seattle will drop a few levels.
  6. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    10 Jan '07 01:54
    Originally posted by telerion
    If Smith benches "Train" Rex the morale in Seattle will drop a few levels.
    I'm not one to make lofty predictions (too short a window on the 'edit' button for my taste), but I will dare to say this:

In the interview Shaun gave prior to the game, he spoke of a motivational speaker the team had recently heard. The speaker had attempted to reach the summit of Everest but fell short. Upon trying again, the struggles were more immense and intense than his first attempt, but he hung in there and made it happen.

Shaun went on to touch on the same things you and other faithful supporters have pointed out. Namely, the team has been set upon with injury and obstacles galore. Their best players watch helplessly from the sidelines. And yet, here they are. Espirit d'corps.

This critical win at this critical juncture may be all they need to solidify their resolve to make the summit.
  7. Donationrichjohnson
    TANSTAAFL
    Walking on sunshine
    Moves
    10 Jan '07 19:59
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    I'm not one to make lofty predictions (too short a window on the 'edit' button for my taste), but I will dare to say this:

In the interview Shaun gave prior to the game, he spoke of a motivational speaker the team had recently heard. The speaker had attempted to reach the summit of Everest but fell short. Upon trying again, the struggles were more imm ...[text shortened]... at this critical juncture may be all they need to solidify their resolve to make the summit.
    I saw that interview too. I think that he said the speaker talked to them before their playoff run LAST year, which is kind of fitting.

Speaking of struggles, it sounds like both Jackson and Hackett will be out this Sunday (http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/news_story/?ID=191399&hubname=nfl). Maybe Seneca Wallace will get a few more ball thrown to him this week.
  8. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    10 Jan '07 20:362 edits
    Originally posted by richjohnson
    I saw that interview too. I think that he said the speaker talked to them before their playoff run LAST year, which is kind of fitting.

Speaking of struggles, it sounds like both Jackson and Hackett will be out this Sunday (http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/news_story/?ID=191399&hubname=nfl). Maybe Seneca Wallace will get a few more ball thrown to him this week.
    Seneca is such a tremendous athlete. It's frustrating to see him continually on the sidelines with a clipboard. I noticed him on the first pass play last week against Dallas. Hopefully we can make more use of his talent. With the season likely to be so short, I think we can gamble with him at wideout more. I mean if Hass goes down again, it's very very unlikely that Seneca can lead this mangled up team to the SB anyway.

Gonna be tough without Jackson AND DJ Hackett. Still, Engram, Branch, and Burleson make a capable trio.

Edit: I have word from good sources that Jackson WILL play and that Mike Holmgren has recently announced this in his press conference. I'll check into it some more.

Edit2 : Here's a story. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs06/news/story?id=2724346&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines
  9. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    10 Jan '07 21:35
    I am glad to see there are some hopefuls for Seattle to pull it off, but then, I feel bad for the future disappointment.

I love that game. Because if the Bears lose, I'm still very happy to see a team that was overrated out
  10. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    10 Jan '07 21:56
    Originally posted by Ramned
    I am glad to see there are some hopefuls for Seattle to pull it off, but then, I feel bad for the future disappointment.

I love that game. Because if the Bears lose, I'm still very happy to see a team that was overrated out
    Wait . . . did you just write "if the Bears lose"? Let me check. Yep, you did. I'll count that as progress. 🙂
  11. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    10 Jan '07 22:09
    I despise the Bears, but Seattle, yuck.

The Bears, Seahawks, Chiefs, and Eagles fans are sick. They reallly need to seek the salvation St. Louis provides.
  12. over there
    Moves
    10 Jan '07 22:44
    laugh at them. they suck. 9-7? over the NFC WEST ??

OUT.
    They suck so bad they beat the Rams twice.
  13. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    11 Jan '07 01:12
    I despise the Bears, but Seattle, yuck.

The Bears, Seahawks, Chiefs, and Eagles fans are sick. They reallly need to seek the salvation St. Louis provides.
    St. Louis provides salvation? Sounds like someone has the wrong forum.
  14. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    11 Jan '07 01:131 edit
    Originally posted by Falco Lombardi
    They suck so bad they beat the Rams twice.
    People these days, what's with the underrating of the Rams?
    8-8 = mediocre, not sucky. And the 2 point margins in those, the Rams (COULD) be 10-6...but, they aren't. Shows a preview though!

And falco, they have a better offense than your Ravens, all I can say. Well...maybe.
  15. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    11 Jan '07 02:351 edit
    People these days, what's with the underrating of the Rams?
    8-8 = mediocre, not sucky. And the 2 point margins in those, the Rams (COULD) be 10-6...but, they aren't. Shows a preview though!

And falco, they have a better offense than your Ravens, all I can say. Well...maybe.
    The Rams could have also gone 7-9 (and very well should have) had the Packers gone the last 10 yards to the endzone before Ahman Green fumbled it over.

Almost every team in the NFC could have gone 10-6, the league just chose to suck this year.

Edit: The Rams used to be my favorite team, by the way. I just stopped liking them when they booted Warning and Faulk left. Everyone on the team except Bruce all of a sudden had an attitude change (everyone thinking they're better than everyone else in the league [which they are very good players, but come on, a little humility never hurt] etc).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree