1. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    11 Jan '11 12:50
    Here's the boxscore for the game. Dominant pefromance for the Auburn Tigers!

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/boxscore?gid=201101100075
  2. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    11 Jan '11 14:51
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo

I haven't enjoyed a game like that in quite some time!! Very exciting. I thought Auburn should have had the touchdown very late, but was over-turned. Then the Ducks tied it up w/ a TD and a 2 pt conversion sweep to right then throw to the left!

College football at it's best. The BCS got it right this year IMO. 🙂
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    11 Jan '11 14:59
    I didn't watch it. There's something wrong when you have to pay money to watch a major college football game on TV.

ESPN owns college football. It's sad but true.

Oh well, probably would have only switched to look at the score anyhow.
  4. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    11 Jan '11 15:15
    Originally posted by Eladar
    I didn't watch it. There's something wrong when you have to pay money to watch a major college football game on TV.

ESPN owns college football. It's sad but true.

Oh well, probably would have only switched to look at the score anyhow.
    Yeah, that sucks how the big game isn't available to all like it used to be. That certainly doesn't make sense.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    11 Jan '11 17:12
    Yeah, I'm not too sure that anyone is going to decided to pay for ESPN just to see a couple of bowl games. I'm pretty sure that more money would have been made on commercials if the games had been on ABC.

I guess we'll see how successful this was for them based on how many more times they decide to keep the games on ESPN.
  6. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    11 Jan '11 20:411 edit

Auburn played very well and deserved the win, however 22-19 is hardly "dominant"...
  7. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    11 Jan '11 21:07
    I was looking at the rakings and I think that texas should play aubern until there is only one undeafted team.
  8. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    11 Jan '11 22:49
    Originally posted by bill718
    Auburn played very well and deserved the win, however 22-19 is hardly "dominant"...
    You don't think that holding a team that averages 304 yds rushing to only 70+ dominant? You only look at scores as dominance?. Ducks averaged 47.7 pts/gm and were held scoreless for two qts! That's not dominance? Had it not been for occasoianl Oregon big fluke play they migh not have scored the paltry 19 pts. I knew it would boil down to the more dominant D! look at the box score. Oregon 5/15 third downs vs. 9/17 for Auburn. That's domiance! Auburn executed their game plan brilliantly by keeping the explossive Oregon offfense on the bench and forcing them into endless three and outs possessions!.
  9. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    12 Jan '11 12:32
    SEC wins five NCG's in a row. Has never been done in any sport by four different teams!The other times five NC's were won it was the same team as in UCLA in basketball.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Jan '11 13:031 edit
    SEC wins five NCG's in a row. Has never been done in any sport by four different teams!The other times five NC's were won it was the same team as in UCLA in basketball.
    It's one thing to have speed on a team, and its another thing to have size. The SEC has both, Oregon only has speed. The entire game they talked about how Auburn was dominated the line. I'm just amazed that the score was so close.
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12 Jan '11 17:03
    Where do SEC schools recruit? They recruit the south east. If the teams that win MNC do so because they have superior athletes, then the South East has a better pool than the rest of the nation for high quality football athletes.

Just an observation.

Throw in Texas and just how dominant is the Old South when it comes to producing top notch football players?
  12. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    12 Jan '11 18:13
    A slow start but an entertaining game to be sure, I did fall asleep before the end though. High points for me were all the fakes from the Oregon coach and the performance of Nick Fairley.
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Jan '11 21:04
    You don't think that holding a team that averages 304 yds rushing to only 70+ dominant? You only look at scores as dominance?. Ducks averaged 47.7 pts/gm and were held scoreless for two qts! That's not dominance? Had it not been for occasoianl Oregon big fluke play they migh not have scored the paltry 19 pts. I knew it would boil down to the more domina ...[text shortened]... ssive Oregon offfense on the bench and forcing them into endless three and outs possessions!.
    So if a team gains more yards, but loses the game we should extol their "dominant" performance?

The game was up for grabs the entire 60 minutes. I didn't see "dominance".
  14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Jan '11 21:08
    The SEC was only 5-5 this year in bowl games which is one of their worse performances in a long time. It looks to me that the competitive balance between the conferences (and between the AQs and the mid-majors) is shrinking.
  15. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    12 Jan '11 22:22
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    So if a team gains more yards, but loses the game we should extol their "dominant" performance?

The game was up for grabs the entire 60 minutes. I didn't see "dominance".
    We must have not watched the same game. Score does not tell the story one bit. Had idiot Kelly decided to stop trying to run smack up the middle then the game might have been up for grabs. Ducks scored only because of Auburn miscues. The most telling stat is 5/15 on third down for an allegedly powerhouse offense. The web-footed ducks were content with running against the Fairley wall. If Auburn's secondary had been even slightly less ordinary they might have pitched a shutout! You call up for grabs being unable to score for almost two quarters by the Ducks? The only positive I saw in the Duck gameplan was their execution on their smallish defense and their linebacker play. Also, Ducks quit on the Dyer play like total dolts. The facemask non-call on the drive resulting in the failed 4th and goal would have painted a different story had the stinkin officials not been out to only call Auburn's fould and let the Dux have their way!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree