1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Jan '11 22:47
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    We must have not watched the same game. Score does not tell the story one bit. Had idiot Kelly decided to stop trying to run smack up the middle then the game might have been up for grabs. Ducks scored only because of Auburn miscues. The most telling stat is 5/15 on third down for an allegedly powerhouse offense. The web-footed ducks were content with r ...[text shortened]... the stinkin officials not been out to only call Auburn's fould and let the Dux have their way!
    Your idiocy has been exposed before on this forum, so I see no need to waste much space doing so AGAIN. A game where one team is only 8 points behind is not one they are being "dominated" in. Yes, I call a one possession game "up for grabs" as does anybody who's not a biased moron.
  2. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    12 Jan '11 23:241 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Your idiocy has been exposed before on this forum, so I see no need to waste much space doing so AGAIN. A game where one team is only 8 points behind is not one they are being "dominated" in. Yes, I call a one possession game "up for grabs" as does anybody who's not a biased moron.
    You are still pissed you called the big one wrong is what it is. You would love to see the game as closer than it really was. To wit your hapless Dux scored two TD's only because of turnovers. had the Auburn secondary been better they would been limited to field goals. Had inept Daron Thomas not had Maehl his completion percentage would have been even more dismal. Had the sily officials called offensive pass interference on Maehl on the INT he broke up by tackling the defender Thomas' stats would have been horrible. he overhrew so much I wanted to send him to Venezuala to get rid of Hugo Chavez! I grant you the score was close, but there was never a winning threat by the Dux. Thy led the game twice: by three points in 1st quarter and by four in the early 2nd quarter. Fairley lived in their backfield. No blocking, rushed for paltry 70+ yds. And you call me a moron? Look in the mirror in your quest for morons. Ducks were no closer to winning than you are to thinking rationally. You are a sore loser is what it is!

Let's see: 49 point avg nation leading offense held to 19 points of which two were off of turnovers; nation's leading rusher held to 49 yds, 5/15 on third down. Sounds like a dominant D to me! I saw the Dux moving backwards all night, dominated at the line. Now on other side of the ball. Allowed 149 rushing yards to freshman, unheralded RB, plus another 64 to Newton, plus 265 yds passing. Gee! Dominated on both sides of the ball actually!
  3. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    13 Jan '11 03:27
    Originally posted by Eladar
    I didn't watch it. There's something wrong when you have to pay money to watch a major college football game on TV.

ESPN owns college football. It's sad but true.

Oh well, probably would have only switched to look at the score anyhow.
    Too bad you can't afford cable or satellite.
    Also that there are no bars or clubs or restaurants where you live that carry events like there FOR FREE!!!
    Geez, I'll bet you if OU had been in the NCG, you would have found a way to see it.
  4. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    13 Jan '11 05:52
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    You are still pissed you called the big one wrong is what it is. You would love to see the game as closer than it really was. To wit your hapless Dux scored two TD's only because of turnovers. had the Auburn secondary been better they would been limited to field goals. Had inept Daron Thomas not had Maehl his completion percentage would have been even m ...[text shortened]... other 64 to Newton, plus 265 yds passing. Gee! Dominated on both sides of the ball actually!
    I completely agree. Auburn seemed in control the entire game. Even when the ducks tied it near the end, the feeling was since Auburn had moved the ball all the second half, they would have no trouble at least getting into field goal range.
  5. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    13 Jan '11 12:46
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    I completely agree. Auburn seemed in control the entire game. Even when the ducks tied it near the end, the feeling was since Auburn had moved the ball all the second half, they would have no trouble at least getting into field goal range.
    Indeed score does not tell it all. I call it even when ther's a sense either team might win. Dux got lucky creating that fumble towards the end or Auburn goes in and scores at leasta field goal to make it a two possession game with very little clock. Even after Dux score there was never a sense Auburn was in trouble. You get that feeling of trouble-free football when opponent scores only flukie TD's and never really had an easy time in the red zone even with a "powerful" offense. Dux were not moving the ball easily in other parts of the field as got 81 of their 365 passing yards on one play. Also, the refs were being anti-Auburn yet letting Dux get away with stuff unless flagrant and despite that it did not seem to slow Auburn down one bit.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Jan '11 17:59
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Too bad you can't afford cable or satellite.
    Also that there are no bars or clubs or restaurants where you live that carry events like there FOR FREE!!!
    Geez, I'll bet you if OU had been in the NCG, you would have found a way to see it.
    What does 'afford' mean?

'Afford' means to me that you set up perpetual luxury bills when you have all your debts paid off.

I think that I could have found the OU playing at some bar, but didn't do it. I listened to a bit of it on the radio, but that's it.
  7. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    14 Jan '11 16:25
    Originally posted by Eladar
    What does 'afford' mean?

'Afford' means to me that you set up perpetual luxury bills when you have all your debts paid off.

I think that I could have found the OU playing at some bar, but didn't do it. I listened to a bit of it on the radio, but that's it.
    I'll bet ESPN goes bankrupt by your act of defiance!!

At least I won't have to worry about you driving on the roads after the games at the bars.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Jan '11 19:07
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    I'll bet ESPN goes bankrupt by your act of defiance!!

At least I won't have to worry about you driving on the roads after the games at the bars.
    Too many people richer than me or at least like to live as if they are richer than me for ESPN to go bankrupt.

I don't drink to excess. I drink very often at all. I probably average one beer a week.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree