1. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Jun '07 07:56
    Your chairman is now putting on free coaches to go down london to protest "we want to see a sea of red and white outside the offices to show we mean business". What a tool, he's living on another planet and he's made the pigs the laughing stock of the country........On a positive note all the pensioners can get a free daytrip to the capital if they don the red and white s...e............LOL LOL LOL
  2. Joined
    02 Mar '07
    Moves
    07 Jun '07 08:03
    Originally posted by tawnyowl
    Your chairman is now putting on free coaches to go down london to protest "we want to see a sea of red and white outside the offices to show we mean business". What a tool, he's living on another planet and he's made the pigs the laughing stock of the country........On a positive note all the pensioners can get a free daytrip to the capital if they don the red and white s...e............LOL LOL LOL
    why cant they just accept it. they are going to be more of a laffin stock that the epl
  3. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    07 Jun '07 09:26
    Originally posted by silly mctall
    why cant they just accept it. they are going to be more of a laffin stock that the epl
    "Just accept" being relegated and the millions in lost revenue? You'd "just accept it" if your team were relegated after a clear breach of the rules by a team that pipped you to stay up?

Please, engage your brain before typing.
  4. Joined
    02 Mar '07
    Moves
    07 Jun '07 11:28
    Originally posted by Angry Boy
    "Just accept" being relegated and the millions in lost revenue? You'd "just accept it" if your team were relegated after a clear breach of the rules by a team that pipped you to stay up?

Please, engage your brain before typing.
    yes i would accept it. i believe that we were having this convo on another thread. WH have been punished in the way that the epl felt fit.

just a question does it state in the rules that WH should have been deducted points coz if it does then i will have to reconcider my opinion?
  5. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    07 Jun '07 11:40
    Originally posted by tawnyowl
    No comment.
  6. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    07 Jun '07 13:13
    Originally posted by silly mctall
    yes i would accept it. i believe that we were having this convo on another thread. WH have been punished in the way that the epl felt fit.

just a question does it state in the rules that WH should have been deducted points coz if it does then i will have to reconcider my opinion?
    Fielding an ineligible player is in nearly all cases a points deduction. Technically Mascherano and Tevez were ineligible to play for West Ham under the contracts they signed.
  7. Joined
    02 Mar '07
    Moves
    07 Jun '07 13:30
    Fielding an ineligible player is in nearly all cases a points deduction. Technically Mascherano and Tevez were ineligible to play for West Ham under the contracts they signed.
    still need a bit more convincing mate im afraid. youve said in nearly all cases? is this not one of those cases?
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Jun '07 14:41
    The point is, THEY WASN'T INELIGIBLE................
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Jun '07 14:43
    Originally posted by blade68
    No comment.
    You mean you're embarrased for the stupid chairman.........no wonder he got on well with colin
  10. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    07 Jun '07 17:28
    Originally posted by fizzz24
    The point is, THEY WASN'T INELIGIBLE................
    Not having a vaild contract would make them ineligible
  11. Standard memberpulu2
    pulu <3
    Helsinki, Finland
    Moves
    07 Jun '07 20:15
    yakety yak! 🙂
  12. Joined
    20 Feb '02
    Moves
    08 Jun '07 00:091 edit
    I am a West Ham fan and I do feel sorry for Blades fans. The Premier League chose not to deduct West Ham points and then chose to allow Tevez to play for the rest of the season. It is those two decisions that in the end allowed West Ham to stay up.

That is not West Ham's fault. It is also not West Ham's fault that Sheffield Unt surrendered a 12 point lead, or that Liverpool played a B team against Fulham, both of which in the end allowed West Ham to stay up and forced Sheffield United down.

If we had been a points deduction at the time we would have been down with no complaints, found guilty, taken the punishment. Its the Premier League which has messed up, they can't back down or they will have no authority left in the game. Any complaints about this decision should have been filed by Sheffield United and Wigan then not only at the end of the season when it affected them directly. Where was the support from teams outside those in the relegation fight- Liverpool, Chelsea, Man U, Tottenham, Arsenal, Villa, Portsmouth, Reading, Man City, Newcastle? All these teams were directly and indirectly affected if technically Mascherano and Tevez were ineligible to play for West Ham under the contracts they signed.

Your chairman signed up to agree the method by which such matters are investigated and to respect the decisions that come from that process. As far as they are concerned they are in the right, the appeals process will be about whether proceedure was followed, not whether West Ham or Sheffield United should go down. You will probably just get some new recommendations from rule changes.

I would be hapy to see both teams stay up, but I feel it is more likely that legal proceedure and endless paper trails will get the Premier League out of jail. If the failings of the Premier League on this were so balck and white all 19 clubs in the league would have stood up to the decison, rather than the zero that did at the time of judgement.
  13. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    08 Jun '07 11:031 edit
    you really have no idea what you are talking about do you? fielding an ineligible player DOES NOT indicate a points deduction... the epl can issue any punishment they wish, is it entirely their call; there are NO rules or procedures to say you mush recieve a points deduction; however, by not deducting points it lacks any form of consistency from the epl and doesnt give out a good signal to the other clubs

also, there are guidelines the epl should stick to when handing out punishments but it was the epl that came up with these guidelines!
  14. Joined
    02 Mar '07
    Moves
    08 Jun '07 11:12
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    you really have no idea what you are talking about do you? fielding an ineligible player DOES NOT indicate a points deduction... the epl can issue any punishment they wish, is it entirely their call; there are NO rules or procedures to say you mush recieve a points deduction; however, by not deducting points it lacks any form of consistency from the epl ...[text shortened]... uld stick to when handing out punishments but it was the epl that came up with these guidelines!
    that has rested my thoughts. if there were no automatic points deductions in place then they should just get on with the season and let it go.
  15. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    08 Jun '07 11:371 edit
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    you really have no idea what you are talking about do you? fielding an ineligible player DOES NOT indicate a points deduction... the epl can issue any punishment they wish, is it entirely their call; there are NO rules or procedures to say you mush recieve a points deduction; however, by not deducting points it lacks any form of consistency from the epl ...[text shortened]... uld stick to when handing out punishments but it was the epl that came up with these guidelines!
    1. Read post carefully
    2. Think before you answer

I said "Fielding an ineligible player is in nearly all cases a points deduction". I did not use the word "indicate" nor have I said that the EPL could not issue whatever punishemnt they wish.

Fielding ineligible players brings a three-point deduction per game throughout the English leagues almost without exception. And a points deduction is THE penalty considered appropriate in the Premier League's own rule book - which all Boro fans know.

"The Rules of the FAPL allow us to penalise a club by deducting points and that is a course that we consider would normally follow from such a breach of these rules," said the panel's report.

However they then said "If the impact upon players and fans was to be the overriding consideration, there may never be a deduction of points. The fans and the players have been fighting against relegation against the ever-present threat ... the efforts and loyalty would be to no avail were we to now deduct points."

So West Ham don't get punished with a points deduction because it may see them get relegated? But it was "right and fair" for Boro to be deducted points and therefore relegated despite amassing enough points to finish 14th in 1997?

I'm not supporting SW's cause or anti West Ham, I'm just wondering why the EPL haven't shown consistency in the matter.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree