1. Wat?
    Moves
    18 Jun '10 14:08
    Baa-humbug.

Slovenia made them look like Accrington Stanley!

They were poor, too aggressive, and full of fear!

Too much down words about England going on here. Watch tomorrow, and then tell us we can't win it.

Many of you England haters said Korea, Spain, USA will walk us.

Holland will lose their next match! Germany were quartered today. Brazil are stable as ever........... BUT, BUT, BUT........ Do not rule out England as Finalists........... after Germany's performance today! 😛
  2. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    18 Jun '10 14:09
    Originally posted by mikelom
    Baa-humbug.

FAIL
  3. Standard memberclandarkfire
    Grammar Nazi
    Auschwitz
    Moves
    18 Jun '10 14:20
    Baa-humbug.

Too much down words about England going on here. Watch tomorrow, and then tell us we can't win it.

Many of you England haters said Korea, Spain, USA will walk us.

Holland will lose their next match! Germany were quartered today. Brazi ...[text shortened]... ........ Do not rule out England as Finalists........... after Germany's performance today! 😛
    Slovenia? Oh yeah, they're the ones flattening the US right now.
  4. Wat?
    Moves
    18 Jun '10 14:24
    Originally posted by Palynka
    FAIL
    So you're saying Germany didn't look mediocre in that game?
  5. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    18 Jun '10 14:261 edit
    So you're saying Germany didn't look mediocre in that game?
    I'm saying you lost a wee bit of credibility when you mentioned Slovenia.

Germany looked strong for me. Playing a man down and still managed to create several opportunities against a strong Serbian defense playing very conservatively. I have to say I was more impressed by them today than against Australia.
  6. Standard memberorion25
    Art is hard
    Moves
    18 Jun '10 14:50

Germany looked strong for me. Playing a man down and still managed to create several opportunities against a strong Serbian defense playing very conservatively. I have to say I was more impressed by them today than against Australia.
    Agreed, they managed to create quite a lot of chances despite having one man less on the pitch. Also they will still be nº1 in their group on goal difference and will go quite for in the competition I'd say. But hey, I would like a surprise!!!
  7. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    18 Jun '10 15:02

Excellent analysis. Germany indeed impressive in defeat. We'll see what they're really made of once they play a must win against Ghana.
  8. Wat?
    Moves
    18 Jun '10 15:03

Yeah, ok..... I'm dealing with a dip in GF! SORRY! 😳 Serbia...... Typing too fast, as we sometimes do.

Yes they created golden chances........ and the finisher? Where was he?

England created super chances....... Rooney wasn't delivered to, YET AGAIN, I agree.

For a f up from a goalie we would, and you must agree, have been a highlight of the cup, so far??

I'm not writing off Germany, a fool would. But people have written off England already......... are they possible fools to do so, so early?
  9. Wat?
    Moves
    18 Jun '10 15:06
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Excellent analysis. Germany indeed impressive in defeat. We'll see what they're really made of once they play a must win against Ghana.
    4 days ago you were saying how splendid Spain are.
  10. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    18 Jun '10 15:17
    4 days ago you were saying how splendid Spain are.
    WE all make mistakes. Spain proved me wrong. I'll take my lumps. At least better than Spaniard ref in Germany game. Germany still looks like a force to be reckoned with. we'll see if Spain responds to adversity. True champions do. If they don't then they did not belong.
  11. Wat?
    Moves
    18 Jun '10 15:55
    WE all make mistakes. Spain proved me wrong. I'll take my lumps. At least better than Spaniard ref in Germany game. Germany still looks like a force to be reckoned with. we'll see if Spain responds to adversity. True champions do. If they don't then they did not belong.
    Everybody belongs! That's sport isn't it....... if you don't win, at least you took part?

I'm not on a high winge here, but it seems as if everybody from across the water has written England off as just about qualifying the group. I believe far from it..... and would put good money on at least a qtr. final. If we don't get robbed by as you quote, bad refs or hands from God, I do believe we are a serious contender this time.

Spain have shown weakness in play. So have Germany. Italy are not doing much, yet. And Italy are the ones to keep a quiet eye on, Trev, if you're reading and betting!.//// ,...

Brazil, as I said......... are hot. Argentina didn't impress me, but still they rob refs of vision and truth.

England will prove something soon..... believe me! 😉

-m.
  12. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    18 Jun '10 16:02
    Spain proved me wrong.
    one match doesn't prove anything.
  13. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    18 Jun '10 23:56
    Everybody belongs! That's sport isn't it....... if you don't win, at least you took part?

I'm not on a high winge here, but it seems as if everybody from across the water has written England off as just about qualifying the group. I believe far from it..... and would put good money on at least a qtr. final. If we don't get robbed by as you quote, bad refs ...[text shortened]... refs of vision and truth.

England will prove something soon..... believe me! 😉

-m.
    You indeed are the eternal optimist! I just don't see a quarter final fro England and frankly I don't see what possible adjustment they make to beat Slovenia. THey may draw yet again as might USA in which case all tie breakers are even. Slovenia advances and they resort to lots. NOw tell me that would not be rigged in favor of England? I really hope it does not come to this, but who knows. Hand of clod is thus far looming large in England's hopes!
  14. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    19 Jun '10 09:19
    You indeed are the eternal optimist! I just don't see a quarter final fro England and frankly I don't see what possible adjustment they make to beat Slovenia. THey may draw yet again as might USA in which case all tie breakers are even. Slovenia advances and they resort to lots. NOw tell me that would not be rigged in favor of England? I really hope it ...[text shortened]... s not come to this, but who knows. Hand of clod is thus far looming large in England's hopes!
    Are you familiar with the concept of 'form' in sport?
  15. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    20 Jun '10 01:40
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    Are you familiar with the concept of 'form' in sport?
    I'm familiar with mediocrity if that's what you mean by form. Do you mean England's? Blob comes to mind. Boo birds come to mind. Gloom comes to mind. Manic depression on pitch comes to mind. Omens come to mind:
    YouTube&feature=related

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree