1. Joined
    28 Jun '01
    Moves
    02 Jan '08 19:45
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Your mind is garbage. Check out Boise State-Oklahoma (the best BCS game ever!) last year or Utah-Pitt in 2004. Fresno State this year beat Georgia Tech; its 4th win in 5 tries recently against one of your mighty BCS automatic conferences.
    I'll give you Boise State last year, they beat OU, but had to rely on two gimmick plays to pull out a win in OT after blowing an 18 point lead in the 4th quarter. But, other that OU, the only other major team the Broncos faced all year was Oregon State, a game played in Boise.

But, 2004 Utah-Pitt? Are you serious??? At 8-4, Pitt was about as deserving for a BCS bid that year as Hawaii or Illinois this year. They were co-Champs in a 7 team Big East that no longer had Miami or Virginia Tech. Also in a time before Rutgers was any good and Temple was still in the Big Least. No Lousville, Cincy, or USF yet either. Boston College had a better overall record, but lost the head-to-head with Pitt that year. Utah was the better team in that game and should have won as they did, but it's not like they beat a Top 10 school in the Fiesta Bowl that year. The Fiesta Bowl was a matchup of two teams that no bowl wanted, but someone had to take them.

GT was 7-5 this year and had an interim coach in their bowl game. GT is also 3-5 in their last 8 bowl games and have a tendency to be shipped out West come bowl season. They played a decent Fresno State team that finished 8-4 and is used to playing on the blue turf every other season. BTW, the Humaitarian Bowl is a far cry from the BCS so Fresno didn't get one of the ACC's best teams here either.
  2. Joined
    28 Jun '01
    Moves
    02 Jan '08 19:54
    Originally posted by poundlee
    Hawaii is a joke they should never have beeen gives the opportunity to play Georgia. I much rather have seen a Georgia-Missouri game. I can't believe there are people who actually want more garbage conference teams playing.
    Hawaii should have been playing in the Super Dome, but it should have been in the New Orleans Bowl not the Sugar Bowl.
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    02 Jan '08 20:05
    Originally posted by vacostner
    I'll give you Boise State last year, they beat OU, but had to rely on two gimmick plays to pull out a win in OT after blowing an 18 point lead in the 4th quarter. But, other that OU, the only other major team the Broncos faced all year was Oregon State, a game played in Boise.

But, 2004 Utah-Pitt? Are you serious??? At 8-4, Pitt was about as deserving f ...[text shortened]... Bowl is a far cry from the BCS so Fresno didn't get one of the ACC's best teams here either.
    So they blasted Oregon State, a Pac-10 team with 3 losses that beat USC. Yeah, that was completely unimpressive.

Last I checked, the Big East Champion gets an automatic BCS berth. Utah played who they were allowed to and beat them easily. Even with Hawaii's disappointing performance this year, that still means that Western Mid-Majors have went 2-1 in the last 4 years when they have been allowed to play in a BCS Bowl. Poundlee's claim is that under no circumstances should ANY mid-major team be allowed in the BCS (they play in "garbage" conferences, don't ya know); that's what I was responding to. Do you think he's correct?

Fresno State played a team with one less win out of a BCS Conference and beat them. They've went 4-1 against BCS Conference teams in their last 5 bowl games. They deserve SOME credit, dontcha think?
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    02 Jan '08 20:06
    Hawaii should have been playing in the Super Dome, but it should have been in the New Orleans Bowl not the Sugar Bowl.
    Go screw; you probably were saying the same BS before Boise State beat Oklahoma last year.
  5. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    02 Jan '08 20:141 edit
    Your mind is garbage. Check out Boise State-Oklahoma (the best BCS game ever!) last year or Utah-Pitt in 2004. Fresno State this year beat Georgia Tech; its 4th win in 5 tries recently against one of your mighty BCS automatic conferences.
    Best BCS game ever??? No way!!! Anyone recall Vince Young leading Texas to a victory over USC two years ago....for the national title?

What a rube you are proving to be with this Boise State / Hawaii are better than the world crap. Stop sniffing the glue and start using it to paste some of your predictions into a book so you can laugh at them later.
  6. Joined
    28 Jun '01
    Moves
    02 Jan '08 20:35
    So they blasted Oregon State, a Pac-10 team with 3 losses that beat USC. Yeah, that was completely unimpressive.

Last I checked, the Big East Champion gets an automatic BCS berth. Utah played who they were allowed to and beat them easily. Even with Hawaii's disappointing performance this year, that still means that Western Mid-Majors hav ...[text shortened]... CS Conference teams in their last 5 bowl games. They deserve SOME credit, dontcha think?
    Didn't I say I'll give you Boise? Think OU was actually inspired to play a team that has blue turf on their home field?

Yes, the Big East gets an automatic BCS spot, but the 2004 Big East was ranked 8th in the Sagarin rankings behind the MWC and just ahead of the WAC. With 6 conference games with BC and WVU as the only tough games, Pitt had an easy road to the BCS. They finished the season ranked #25, might have been a team or two more deserving of a BCS spot than Pitt.

Fresno is 4-1 against their last 5 BCS conference bowl opponents. Their opponents had records of 7-5, 7-6, 6-7, 8-4, and 7-5. Not exactly the cream of the crop from their resepctive conferences. Again, who is exactly thrilled to travel across country to play Fresno State? FS might be decent, but nobody can even point them out on a map.
  7. Joined
    28 Jun '01
    Moves
    02 Jan '08 20:39
    Colt played decent to complete 22 of 38 under those circumstances, but he just was unable to make any plays downfield.
    Why no mention of the meager 169 yards, 0 TD's, 3 INT's and a bone crushing, fumble causing sack for a TD? After feasting on 12 cupcakes during the regular season, Hawaii shared 6 turnovers with UGA...how thoughtful. LOL!
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Jan '08 20:45
    I said that in no cicrumstances should a crap team like Hawaii that played no one in conference and no one out of conference should they play in a BCS game. It isn't just that they take someone else's spot and make for awful games like the Georgia - Hawaii game. It is that it encourages teams to play garbage schedules as a way to be considered a top team and discourages team from joining/remaining in/ forming quality conferences.
  9. Joined
    28 Jun '01
    Moves
    02 Jan '08 20:56
    I said that in no cicrumstances should a crap team like Hawaii that played no one in conference and no one out of conference should they play in a BCS game. It isn't just that they take someone else's spot and make for awful games like the Georgia - Hawaii game. It is that it encourages teams to play garbage schedules as a way to be considered a top team and discourages team from joining/remaining in/ forming quality conferences.
    Hawaii has no choice about playing a garbage schedule, they're a member of the WAC.😉

Bet this brings mention that no BCS school wants to play Hawaii. Probably have a waiting list this morning.
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    03 Jan '08 14:01
    Why no mention of the meager 169 yards, 0 TD's, 3 INT's and a bone crushing, fumble causing sack for a TD? After feasting on 12 cupcakes during the regular season, Hawaii shared 6 turnovers with UGA...how thoughtful. LOL!
    Maybe you should have read the entire post. I said the offensive line played terrible; the fumble at the goal line happened when an offensive tackle whiffed at a linebacker in a 4 man rush and Colt was hit before he even had a chance to finish his drop. I also said that Brennan couldn't get any plays down the field because of the pressure caused by the 3 and 4 man rushes that allowed Georgia to drop 7 or 8 into coverage.

Funny, you didn't have this big a mouth about the game BEFORE it was played.
  11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    03 Jan '08 14:01
    These moronic points have been refuted many times.
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    03 Jan '08 14:03
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Best BCS game ever??? No way!!! Anyone recall Vince Young leading Texas to a victory over USC two years ago....for the national title?

What a rube you are proving to be with this Boise State / Hawaii are better than the world crap. Stop sniffing the glue and start using it to paste some of your predictions into a book so you can laugh at them later.
    A hook and ladder with 10 seconds to go to send the game into overtime and a Statute of Liberty play on a 2-point conversion to win it. Never happened before and will never happen again. A complete classic.
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    03 Jan '08 14:07
    Didn't I say I'll give you Boise? Think OU was actually inspired to play a team that has blue turf on their home field?

Yes, the Big East gets an automatic BCS spot, but the 2004 Big East was ranked 8th in the Sagarin rankings behind the MWC and just ahead of the WAC. With 6 conference games with BC and WVU as the only tough games, Pitt had an easy road ...[text shortened]... country to play Fresno State? FS might be decent, but nobody can even point them out on a map.
    Another ignorant loudmouth. Fresno State keeps beating teams from these powerhouse conferences but you always have an excuse. But if a WAC team gets beat, that proves how much the league stinks. What a BS double standard.

If you want to whine about travel, who travelled farther than Hawaii? And answer the question: should an undefeated mid-major EVER be allowed in a BCS Bowl?
  14. Joined
    28 Jun '01
    Moves
    03 Jan '08 16:272 edits
    Another ignorant loudmouth. Fresno State keeps beating teams from these powerhouse conferences but you always have an excuse. But if a WAC team gets beat, that proves how much the league stinks. What a BS double standard.

If you want to whine about travel, who travelled farther than Hawaii? And answer the question: should an undefeated mid-major EVER be allowed in a BCS Bowl?
    Another ignorant loudmouth? Please don't put me in the same boat as yourself. I'm just giving you a little of what you were dishing out before the game. Can't stand the taste of crow...pour on some poi.

Nothing that I haven't already stated. Take a look back at the BCS Insanity thread if you don't recall discussing Hawaii's schedule or lack there of. They don't belong in the BCS. It's a little different traveling across country if you're Hawaii to face UGA than for GT to face Fresno State. Besides, poundlee was referring to mid-majors in BCS bowls, not all the smaller bowls that matchup #1 or #2 WAC vs. #7ACC.

(The Roady's Humanitarian Bowl in Boise, Idaho (Dec. 31, 2 p.m., ET on ESPN2) has the seventh pick of ACC teams after the BCS. If the Roady's Humanitarian Bowl does not select the ACC team available with the best Conference record, it must select a team within one win of the ACC team available with the best Conference record. Also, Roady's Humanitarian could take a team ranked more than five spaces ahead of the ACC team available with the best Conference record. The opponent is either the champion, or the second choice of teams in the Western Athletic Conference (WAC)).http://www.theacc.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/100107aaa.html

I read your entire post, you stated Brennan had a decent game despite all Hawaii's offensive line, blah, blah, blah. Looking at his stats, what was decent about any of it, the 57% completion percentage? 169 yards, 0 TD's, 3 INT's, lost fumble and 8 sacks isn't very overwhelming to say the least.

Sure an undefeated mid-major should be eligible for a BCS bowl, but not with a strength of schedule ranked #118 in the country. If Hawaii is so good, petition to join the Pac-10 or something and see if you're even bowl eligible at the end of the season. Refer to season ending struggle against last place in the Pac-10 at 4-9, UW .
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jan '08 16:30
    I think everyone should consider no1s insults and failure to address any points a consession that he is a both arrogant jerk and wrong on the merits of the issues. Everyone should decide for themselves whether the merits of the WAC's schedule and whether Hawaii had a good showing in its bowl game. Everyone should decide whether Penn States win against Texas A&M in Texas and Michigan's win over Florida in Florida are extra impressive because they are road games and whether Illinois game vs. USC in the Rose Bowl might be considered extra difficult because of location. Finally you can decide for yourself if matchups matter or just look at win-loss record. Michigan State (the Big 10 #9) lost (but played impressively) against BC ACC #2. Illinois (big 10 #2) lost against PAC 10 #1, Wisconsin Big 10 #4 lost to Tennesee SEC #2. You can simply call them losses if want, but the better way to look at the Big 10 is to say that they on the road play against teams seeded higher than them and still win half of their games.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree